Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Pop Ups and Advertising wherever you go? Does it drive you nuts?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gould1992
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Pop Ups and Advertising wherever you go? Does it drive you nuts?Page 1 of 1    
As I use the net on almost a daily basis for my career choice I guess I got used to all of the ads. If you know the correct pop-up blocker you get far less creep through and all of the little ads on the side of websites are barely noticeable to me anymore.

If you have a task to do and they keep flying up left right and centre they can be a little annoying but if you just have a little patience and don't pay so much attention to them you can easily navigate a site without even noticing them.
 -Virtue-
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Pop Ups and Advertising wherever you go? Does it drive you nuts?
Posted: 5/5/2012 6:49:28 PM
I remember the days when Youtube didnt have adverts before videos! I mean what the hell is that all about?? also why the hell does BBCiplayer have adverts?? arnt we supposed to be paying for that crap with a TV licence??? Ads do my head in, the general viewing area of the internet is getting smaller and smaller as ads fill the sidebars.
 monty336
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Pop Ups and Advertising wherever you go? Does it drive you nuts?
Posted: 5/7/2012 9:24:19 PM
i think bbc iplayer poss has adverts as it is not live, also it is commonly called a tv licence but it is a licence to received broadcasts, but i tend to blank ads best i can, also if it does irritate me i will do the opposite and make a point of not shopping there
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Pop Ups and Advertising wherever you go? Does it drive you nuts?