Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Box Sets      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bookbelle
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Box SetsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Me and my brother, between us, managed to collect all 7 seasons of Buffy on DVD. :D All of mine have somehow migrated to his room, though!

My brother is also watching the Glee series on DVD. He's got the complete (so far) box set.
 Jo van
Msg: 6
Box Sets
Posted: 5/6/2012 8:02:21 AM
Sorry, I misread the thread title as "Sex Bots",
and I thought it was going to be all about the latest in latex partner-technology...

On topic: I can't see the point in paying for something which is definitely going to be repeated, again and again, on TV.

bmore_goat
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Box Sets
Posted: 5/6/2012 8:19:47 AM
They are perfect for me. I travel to Germany quite a bit on business for weeks at a time. No english speaking tv so watching a tv show on my laptop is great.
I've had shows like "The Shield", "Deadwood", "Supernatural" and "Lost"
I was in Germany for 3 weeks once, so I watched all seven seasons of "The Practice"
 Trevork52
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Box Sets
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:12:38 PM
If you like Game Of Thrones, although a different era, try HBO's "Rome" boxed set. I've heard it described as "Deadwood" in Rome! Excellent sries though.
On a totally different track, there are at least three box sets for Henning Mankell's "Wallander" now. They are a very absorbing watch!

Trevor
 *rem*
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Box Sets
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:18:31 PM
I dont even have a tv. Why?
 bmore_goat
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Box Sets
Posted: 5/7/2012 9:47:42 AM
Yes, Farscape. Any good?

One of the best shows that ever graced TV.
I own all fours seasons and the final mini series "Peacekeeper Wars"

The ONLY reason it was cancelled was because it was to expensive to keep going. The network asked the producers to cut the budget and they said no way.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Box Sets