Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Finding someone who likes something specific      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matt e
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Finding someone who likes something specificPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I would think if you click "a few pounds over or bbw" and have pics up then they will find you.
 *rem*
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Finding someone who likes something specific
Posted: 5/5/2012 3:06:50 PM
Whats the point? So he wont leave you for a skinny bird? He could still leave you for another fat bird.
I think POF should be open source.. Markus please let people edit the html on their page and do whatever the hell they want because this is getting fckin ridiculous.
 Graffiti_Poet
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2012 12:40:23 AM
And you're a****

What she said. You're a beautiful person OP, any man worth having would be honoured to have someone so attractive as a partner. Good luck with finding whatever it is you are looking for.............
 matt e
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:38:25 AM
Wow when I was following this thread last night the OP didnt have a pic up and I and others said she should. I didnt think she would be THAT pretty. I cant believe the messages wont be flooding in.
 Graffiti_Poet
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2012 3:05:05 AM
Reading this thread has reminded me of a poem I wrote on this very subject some time ago, hope you enjoy it....

Who Wants What

They say that beauty's in the eye
you see when you behold,
what makes you hot and frisky
leaves others feeling cold.

Some men like prim and proper
especially if their blonde,
who like to dress as Nurses
or fairies with a wand.

Some men prefer the leather look
on girls with figures full,
they want a mistress with a whip
when they go on the pull.

Whatever size or shape a girl
there's one thing that is true,
a man out there is looking now
for someone just like you.

For girls the pictures not so clear
they know not what they want,
unless it's shoes by Jimmy Choo
or clothes by Mary Quant.

They want the man they call "The one"
no other bloke will do,
he has to be like Claude Van Damme
and Cassanova too.

He has to make their knees go weak
send tingles down their spine,
to save them from eternity
of DVD and wine.

Most men alas are not like this
bald head, bad breath, beer bellies,
who like to drink and fart a lot
in front of our big tellies.

GP
 matt e
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2012 6:26:10 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^People arent arguing with the fella who admitted he was harsh anymore its now about other peoples definition of rude.
 Jo van
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/6/2012 7:57:02 AM

People should just reply saying “Thank you for your message. Sorry I am not interested. Happy Fishing. Many Thanks” or just don’t reply

Here's a (slightly "off-topic") tip, for people to reply without offending people.
I always used to say I'd "just started seeing/talking to someone, and I only 'date' one at a time".

When I first started using it, it was actually true, but I've also used it as a "white lie" [No racism intended].
You actually go up in their esteem, and they'll say " Thank you... that's a very decent approach, and if things don't work out, then call me"

On topic, lots of good advice for the OP.
I can only add that it's something of a 'cultural preference', maybe concentrate on Samoan men, as I believe that's highly 'prized' as an attribute there...

badge73
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2012 8:26:30 AM
to be fair .... i can understand your difficulties o.p as lets be honest your profile isnt exactly amazing and stand out, with hardly information and assume when you started the thread you never had a picture up? so what did you expect?
 matt e
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:17:23 PM
^^^^^^^^tracy if you say youre sorry then say fvck em (women you offended) thats not really my idea of an apology. Your a 51 yr old man calling a 22 yr old girl Boring/fat your problem/deal with/get laid....that alone has to be wrong for a man to say to a girl of that age.
And if you use ANT as your moral compass your fvcked.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Finding someone who likes something specific