Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Oh no a family member is on here      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Schmette
Msg: 2
Oh no a family member is on herePage 1 of 1    
You can change your zip code to a different one and hope he doesnt find you in search, if you want to make your photos public.
 neck romancer
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Oh no a family member is on here
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:59:32 AM
keep your photos PRIVATE.. if you are interested in someone you can send them your private photos. This will also decrease the barage of msgs you get.

btw why cant they know you are here?
 Holly63
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:13:01 AM
Yes. Keep your photos private and perhaps use a different post code.

Does anyone in your family know you're on here? Without wanting to delve into your private life but I wonder why you can't let them know.

You can only block someone after they contacted you. Never mind your middle name, OP, It won't mean anything to him.
 Holly63
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:31:15 AM
Dear OP, you're 34 and have children / child. Surely you can express yourself and give yourself the right to do what you want. Why is your Uncle here? Is he scared of the family finding out that he, too, has a profile here?

Ummm...as far as clit ring, if I had one I wouldn't advertise it either. I dont even advertise that I have a tattoo on my shoulder.........I suppose I have now......lol. No one's business.
 russell5417
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:41:28 AM
What makes the difference? Why on earth would anyone think that it is so bad being on a date site?

You aren't married?
 Pinky127
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/6/2012 5:24:01 AM

Why on earth would anyone think that it is so bad being on a date site?

Because i just had a look at Op's Posting History and she's posted a lotta stuff in the "Sex" Forums.
So,my guess is she doesn't want her Uncle to know it's "her".
 want to travel
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2012 11:42:03 AM
I read your profile
so what is the big deal, so what if he is on here!
your 34, an adult,so what, I don't get how this could be a problem
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2012 12:49:08 PM
According to what I've read, you can't block someone specifically, until they try to write to you. After you block someone, they wont know that you have, unless they try to write to you again.

If the guy you fear has set up a profile with his accurate age on it, you can block mail from his age range, without him writing to you first, you then have to accept that no one ELSE his age can write to you.

And as Cowboy said, this is a public site, as most dating sites are, and someone can find that you are on one, without themselves posting a picture of their own. I'd suggest that bit is time to get used to the idea that your family knows the real you.
 Kohmelo
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2012 3:50:58 PM
Wouldn't your uncle have to implicate himself in order to expose you?
 no_1_bby
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2012 4:08:11 PM
You can also make your profile unsearchable, so it won't come up in a search. If your uncle comes into the forums tho, he will be able to see your profile that way.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Oh no a family member is on here