Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Refused to be sold a fish!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jo van
Msg: 2
Refused to be sold a fish!Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)

She asked size of the tank, when I said it was a 25 litre tank and it had already got 2 fish in it, she said she could not sell me the fish as there was too many fish in the tank.

But did she actually say "Two fish IS Plenty of Fish"....?
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Refused to be sold a fish!
Posted: 5/9/2012 8:02:08 AM
Top marks for Pets at Home if she knew her stuff. The value of the animal/pet is not relative. If the conditions are unsuitable then she was correct in what she said/did. I would have hoped that she would also have told you the correct conditions required (and if a good salesperson, tried to sell you a larger tank and all it's bit's and pieces).
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2012 8:02:47 AM
its not about the amount of litres the tank hold but square footage of surface area as thats where it oxyegnates.... i take it she asked you if you had a pump? as that can bump up the amount of fish you can have in there. Unless of course you delight in suffocating fish of course.
 ZXTTTT
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2012 8:03:50 AM
**********Very good Jo************
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2012 8:22:32 AM
Those fish can grow up to 10 inches and they grow fast.
The fish will only grow to the size of the tank, bigger fish...bigger sized tank.

I've also purchased fish from Pets at Home on three occasions. Two of the three times the person that worked there was informative, basically knew their stuff. The last time the person thought they were an expert but didn't really know what they were talking about.
 Rosiehere
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/9/2012 8:48:34 AM
Hip Hip for the concern of living creatures from the UK. Here in the states as long as your check clears you get that fish and in a month there is usually some little kid crying and there is a mock funeral help around the toilet before you flush it. Been to a few of these funerals.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2012 9:01:21 AM
Shortbutsweet - if only it were a minority of animals that suffer. A great many do, not intentionally but down to ignorance of the correct way to keep them. Almost anyone can get a pet and keep them in completely wrong conditions, thereby making them suffer.

There are many animals that need re-homed and at one time you could just go along to a sanctuary and pick whatever you wanted and take it away. Fortunately this is less common now because checks are made, it can feel like an interrogation but at least there is a good chance these animals that have already been given up on once will end up in loving, caring and knowledgable homes for life.
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2012 1:30:38 AM
I think that loads of women give their rampant rabbits plenty of attention.
 ZXTTTT
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2012 8:24:47 AM
Indi, that one caused a bit of a whale.
 ZXTTTT
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2012 8:48:38 AM
You are a funny sole.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Refused to be sold a fish!