Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > San Antonio Spurs thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 2
San Antonio Spurs threadPage 1 of 1    
For the Spurs fans - do the words "Spurs vs Grizzlies 2nd round" scare you at all?

If the Celtics don't come out of the east, which I'm assuming they won't, the team I'd like to see emerge from the west is whoever has the best chance to beat the Heat that isn't the Lakers. I'm guessing that's either the Spurs or OKC.
 feltersnatch
Msg: 3
view profile
History
San Antonio Spurs thread
Posted: 5/29/2012 6:46:14 AM

The Spurs will win it all. They are the most discipline TEAM in the play offs. I think their experience will help them win against OKC

I can agree with that...Or the team that does win from the West will win! I can't see Boston or Miami really competing with OKC or SA.
 Socalguy1962
Msg: 4
view profile
History
San Antonio Spurs thread
Posted: 5/30/2012 4:59:43 PM
While the Spurs aren't my favorite team, i do love watching them play. They play superb team offense and team defense, very disciplined and unselfish. Their bench players know their roles and do them very well. I think Coach Popovich is underated considering what he's accomplished.

In the one playoff game vs the Clippers, they were down 33-11 at the end of the 1st quarter. The reporter asked Popovich what they needed to do to get back into the game. He replied "Make more baskets", then walked away. The look on the reporters face was priceless They ended up winning the game.

I think their winning streak is at 19 games now? They're my pick to win it all.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > San Antonio Spurs thread