Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > The 27th Ammendment      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 red_fir
Msg: 1
The 27th AmmendmentPage 1 of 1    
The 27th amendment, Submitted 1789, ratified 1992
Has it made any difference?
Has it enhanced the potential for checks and balances?
Or simply increased collusion between both houses?
Another obfuscation to bamboozle the electorate?
Mostly intended for the people whom watch the legal shenanigans
 A_Gent
Msg: 2
The 27th Ammendment
Posted: 5/11/2012 5:49:54 PM
The Twenty-seventh Amendment (Amendment XXVII) prohibits any law that increases or decreases the salary of members of the Congress from taking effect until the start of the next set of terms of office for Representatives. It is the most recent amendment to the United States Constitution, having been ratified in 1992, despite its initial submission 203 years prior.

Really, Mr. Red? With 26 other amendments you couldn't find just one more interesting to engage your POF community?

lyingcheat
Msg: 3
view profile
History
The 27th Ammendment
Posted: 5/11/2012 10:46:52 PM
What does a 27th amendment thing have to do with Science/Philosophy?
 red_fir
Msg: 4
The 27th Ammendment
Posted: 5/12/2012 3:16:17 AM
I had hoped to get a feel for how many people actually were even aware of the 27th,
Since many of the proposals on this forum would entail equivalent changes and ratification,
Gay rights seems determined to paint itself as a part of the Bill of Rights, tax changes, congressional term limits, would have to undergo the proccess to have any teeth.
The Equal Rights Amendment is often presented by feminists as an accomplished fact, but it hasn't proceeded past being proposal, and is in danger of being discarded entirely.

Ostensibly its the most important extension to the second most important document of American history, and the latest addition thereto.
It seems to be relatively meaningless and ignored by all and sundry,
I suppose I could have titled it "The Constitution and Amendments ....Pffft?"

Mr Cheat you wouldn't consider the specifics on how to govern a nation both science and philosophy?
 gingerosity
Msg: 5
view profile
History
The 27th Ammendment
Posted: 5/12/2012 3:46:33 AM

you wouldn't consider the specifics on how to govern a nation both science and philosophy?

It would probably be better suited to one of these forums:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum7.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum98.aspx
 Aries_328
Msg: 6
view profile
History
The 27th Ammendment
Posted: 5/12/2012 8:10:40 PM
had hoped to get a feel for how many people actually were even aware of the 27th,
Since many of the proposals on this forum would entail equivalent changes and ratification,
Gay rights seems determined to paint itself as a part of the Bill of Rights, tax changes, congressional term limits, would have to undergo the process to have any teeth.
The Equal Rights Amendment is often presented by feminists as an accomplished fact, but it hasn't proceeded past being proposal, and is in danger of being discarded entirely.

While I kind of get what you are trying to do here I do feel that it is not very effective. Ok ok... I know you know think I'm not very bright... However, you are leading to a concept with what seems like slight of hand. It would be much more effective if you would state your end goal up front, for discussion, rather than attempt obfuscation to have the thread move towards an implied direction.

I think where you are going is that, for many supposed liberals, the constitution is just a document that means relatively nothing while the reality is that it is the law of the country and changes to it are meaningful and significant. If liberal ideals where so incredibly just and important shouldn't those ideals be addressed as constitutional amendments and equated to the rights of our society rather than just backdoor legislations to support an agenda.

Close? If not... thats what I think anyway :)
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > The 27th Ammendment