Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Attention All Military<---------      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Algernon
Msg: 1
Attention All Military<---------Page 1 of 1    
I want to join the military but I have some questions.
1. Can you bring lotion to bootcamp?
2. If you tell a recruiter certain info, can another branch access that info? Do they even keep the info if you didn't even go to MEPS yet?
3. Can someone direct me to an actual LIST of the blood tests done at MEPS?
 laskoboo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Attention All Military<---------
Posted: 5/12/2012 9:59:01 AM
sounds like you need a recruiter and to watch some vids they have on boot camp...........
 Algernon
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/12/2012 2:55:46 PM
I have and I would like to get answers from people NOT trying to recruit me. I've spoken to all of them. I'm so glad that you're so supportive by wanting to delete the thread.
 MaximumPower
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/20/2012 3:16:50 PM
If my understanding is correct, MEPS is processing. This is the place where they want to kick you OUT of the military before you ever get to boot camp.

1. No.
2. Loaded question. Yes. Yes.
3. No.
 Monacan
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/24/2012 12:04:37 PM
1. Even if you could (waivers for everything if you can show compelling cause) I wouldn't. The first few weeks you want to be exactly like everyone else.

2. Unless you have actually made rank, I wouldn't worry. Branch to Branch info would usually be basic stuff like your DD214 if you were to transfer.

3. I don't recall, you'll get pricked a lot ;-)

What branch(es) are you considering?
 shmodzilla
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/24/2012 2:56:59 PM
If the lotion is for medical issues they'll write it in. If not I doubt it. And if it's not for medical reasons and you are worried about lotion in boot camp I'd consider another career.
 bmore_goat
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2012 3:24:38 PM

I have and I would like to get answers from people NOT trying to recruit me. I've spoken to all of them. I'm so glad that you're so supportive by wanting to delete the thread.

As a 20 year vet, I will give you some free advice. Table the attitude. And as someone above said, unless it's a medical condition, lotion will be the least of your problems.
 jlc1210
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/10/2012 9:27:34 AM
3. Why would you be concerned about what blood tests MEPS is going to perform? Do you have some type of hidden health issues you don't want them to find? Maybe you're afraid they will test you for drugs? If this is the case, find a new career choice.
 knt3
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/12/2012 7:06:24 PM
You are not specific about which branch you want to go into. Nonetheless, it sounds like a recruiter is best to answer the questions you have. You can also find a lot of this information just by using google but again, if you use google, be specific about the branch you have questions about. I direct you in this way since I come from a family of military background and currently have a son serving our country.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2012 8:42:07 AM
You won't care if you have lotion, razors or anything but soap IF that.
My stepdaughter felt like her body had been beaten to a pulp and she was fit before she enlisted as we ran ,walked, lifted weights ect..Well she ran I just walked fast.

Best advise
Work out NOW and get a good bra.A VERY good bra that holds them in.
Make it 2.

You don't need to worry about blood test unless you do drugs or have an std.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Attention All Military---------
Posted: 1/23/2019 5:39:45 PM
Navy Vet here. I was in from 79-89. Boot camp is hard, its suppost be. Ya will not have time to worry about lotion,,, at all.
You will have blood tests, shots (lots) ec. You may be yelled at, be expected to be one as a unit, not a single self. Its a mindset.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Attention All Military<---------