Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 - Jazz Fest - Ft. Lauderdale, FL      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 beckyinparadise
Msg: 1
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 - Jazz Fest - Ft. Lauderdale, FLPage 1 of 1    

The Sixth Jazz Festival of 2012 is nearly here!
We're talking Sunday, June 3rd, 2012!

For those of you who don't know... There is a FREE Jazz Festival held on the FIRST Sunday of EVERY month on the Riverwalk in Fort Lauderdale. Depending on the weather there can be between a few hundred and a few thousand people in attendance.

We set aside a special meeting place where we can meet, spend some casual, low pressure time getting to know one another. This is a GREAT way to spend a Sunday brunch relaxing and meeting other singles in an intimate, calm and friendly environment!

This event is a pot-luck so PLEASE bring something to share.
Finger Food is a perfect choice.
For ideas read users comments in Msg 2.

Check out this lineup!!
June 3
Esplanade - Oop Bop Sh’bam
Connie Hoffmann Gazebo - Full Circle
Peck Courtyard - Take Note

Here are the directions and details:
Address for mapquest:
Broward Center for the Performing Arts
201 SW 5th Avenue
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33312
Directions from I-95:

1. I-95 to Broward Blvd., Go East.
  2. Turn Right (south) on to SW 5th Ave.
  3. Go to the first and only stoplight at the intersection of SW 5th and Himmarshee St.
  4. At the stoplight where SW 5th Ave intersects Himmarshee St.. (Himmarshee St. is also called 2nd St.) You should see the IMAX (Museum of Science and Discovery) on your left and the parking garage on your right.
    The drive up to the Performing Arts Center is straight ahead.
    Note: While stopped, look out your window at about the 10:00 position you will see an open grassy area, a sidewalk just to the left of the drive for the Performing Arts Center and to the left of that sidewalk a HUGE tree.
    We are under that tree. Look for a red balloon.
  5. Take a left on Himmarshee St. and start looking for parking.

Parking in the garage is $12 while prices vary among the lots along 2nd street - expect
ranges between $5 and $10. There are meters along 2nd street but you'll need to get there around 9:30a to get one. The later you arrive, the further away you have to park or the more expensive parking will be.

NOTE: Some people have had trouble finding our ONE red balloon so I will attempt to give clearer directions so that all may find "the tree".
Marker: If you were standing in front of the main stage looking towards the street you'll see two things that look like BIG satelite TV dishes pointed at each other, we are under the tree behind the dish on your left. WE ARE DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND DISCOVERY.
Video reference: If you need a visual marker (or proof that we actually do this) you can click here!

If you plan on attending, bring something to sit on (chair or blanket). You will also want to bring some bottled water and if you want, some mimosa material, bloody marys, wine or what ever else you enjoy.
Some people turn this into an event while others bring nothing. If you want to pack a picnic basket, feel free to do so or stroll around with others and grab a bite from one of the street vendors or eat in one of the numerous restaurants. Your choice!

I will be there from 9:30 until at least 2:00p (unless it rains). The band plays from
11:00a until 2:00p and most start arriving around 10:15 with stragglers showing up as late as noon. Dress is VERY casual.

RAIN CHECK: If the weather looks iffy you may call the Broward County Parks and Recreation Department at (954) 828-5363 to obtain information about the event including cancellations. Press options 3 for info on the Jazz Brunch and then option 4 for status re: weather. I will post a weather notice around 7:30a but in April they waited until 8:30a to cancel the event and I am already enroute by then.
In case of rain we will meet for Bloody Mary's at the outdoor resturant at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas (just a few blocks from where we would meet at the jazz festival). The Riverside is located at 620 East Las Olas Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301 and their phone is: (954) 467-0671

DON’T FORGET SUNBLOCK!!!
If you need more info, either send me an email or drop me a note here!
Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

acutemermaid

Angel756

anibal70

asweettreat

AZ-CA,Guy

beckyinparadise

BONJOUR_

cafelatte114

Carlitros1

carrington

dennyp53

dzevahc0822

earthsavemember

ephramite

ffspirit

ggirl76

hershees

HEY! YOU NEVER KNOW!

Kbarg

KidYouNot

leesjam

NewYorkGrace

O-RONNIE

palmbeachess

paradise_man

phillybocagirl

readyfortherightwoman

rmjatmia

scubadiver6911

seriouswoman33

shyandquiet1953

Spinnaker_Sailing

sun_e_d

tomb4530

urtheone4me2

Wonder74

36 people are attending
 beckyinparadise
Msg: 2
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 - Jazz Fest - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posted: 5/12/2012 6:27:40 AM
If you are trying to think of what to bring to the Jazz Fest, the BEST item is CHICKEN. Chicken Wings, Fried Chicken, and Dishes with Chicken all go very quickly.

The next best thing is anything that goes with CHICKEN. Baked Beans, bean dip, and salsa with chips. Veggie trays, cheese trays, and fruit trays are a great choice.

Homemade specialties are a delight. Please skip the donuts, cookies, and cheese doodles. They really don't go over big.

You can also bring a large bottle or jug of things like Lemonade, Ice Tea, and the like. I usually bring a large bottle of wine to share. You can too!
 scubadiver6911
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2012 2:08:50 PM
I will be there as usual with a snack and my camera! Copy and paste this in your browser, you don't have to be a member of facebook to view them. These are the pictures I took last time May 6, 2012.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.431212003556396.101530.100000028003670&type=3&l=d150943930

This for public viewing, if you are a member of facebook then friend me and I will tag your picture and it will appear in your profile!
 PalmBeachess
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/20/2012 9:57:59 PM
I keep trying to make one of these and something always comes up. Maybe this time I can make it
 beckyinparadise
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/21/2012 5:42:36 AM
I hope you can make this one. Looking forward to meeting you.

Lots of great people for you to meet.
 scubadiver6911
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2012 4:03:12 PM
It was a great with plenty of sun and 3 bithday cakes to eat Jun 3, 2012! We cekebrated Becky, Charlie and someone else Bithdays today! Lots of good potluch and great Jazz music to listnen to and dance to!

Here are the pictures I took today and I just posted them on facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.454271994583730.104128.100000028003670&type=3&l=a42926a55b

Copy this and paste it to your browser!
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 - Jazz Fest - Ft. Lauderdale, FL