Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Champions league final or date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Champions league final or date?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
AlmostNormal666 Did you text the one that didn't turn up and thank him for doing you a favour lol

If I agreed to go on a date, I would check when the F1 GP was on - I don't go out on race days. I might consider missing Qualifying
 ~Hams~
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Champions league final or date?
Posted: 5/12/2012 5:27:20 PM
The ideal scenario for me would be to go on a date with a woman who also enjoyed watching football then we could both enjoy it together!

I remember pretending to support Chelsea once so that this lady would be impressed but had to confess in the end that I was really a West Ham fan!
 Sugra66
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2012 11:14:52 AM
I met someone on here a couple of years ago and our dates always coincided/were planned around champions league football - was great having someone to watch it with whilst being out on the town too.
 safaa30
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2012 5:24:18 PM
Cancelling a date for a reason other than a genuine problem or mishap is bound to annoy. Not to belittle football or any other sport but surely anything on telly can be recorded and viewed later. Then again, it could just be a cover-up for a change of mind.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2012 6:02:01 PM
I hate football, so its never been an issue hahaha :O)
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2012 3:46:42 PM
22 May 2008.
Had a date with good looking Geordie Lass at this new posh Thai restaurant. Well happy with myself for pulling this young cracking girl. Half way through the meal it's dawning on me that this is the night: Man united versus Chelsea Champions league Final in Moscow! Almost choking on my Pad Thai noodles. Geordie Lass asks me whats wrong? I splutter something about football being on; and she goes white in the face too. We both make a hastey exit to the near pub showing the footie! Quite a rough pub, and help break up some fistie cuffs on account of them nearly spilling my beer and nearly knocking over Geordie Girl (chivalrous to the last). Chelsea lose on penalties and the rest is history .... as was our brief romance. Such is life!
 Richard_of_York
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 3:26:49 PM
Should just not arrange a date for an evening you have other plans ;)
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 3:29:06 PM
If Chelsea win the final they would qualify for next year; they wouldn't have to pre-qualify and go straight into the round robin rounds though Spurs would need to do the pre-qualifying round as they only finished 4th behind arsenal?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Champions league final or date?