Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Nightmares and Dreams: What do you dream about?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lnmt_blue
Msg: 1
Nightmares and Dreams: What do you dream about?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Search your dream analysis and interpretation at my website www.dreams-1.com

Dreams are sequence images, sound s and feelings experienced while sleeping, particularly strongly associated. Reveal the meanings behind your dreams.

A nightmare is a dream which causes a strong unpleasant emotional response from the sleeper, typically fear or horror, being in situations of extreme danger, or the sensations of pain, falling, drowning or death. Such dreams can be related to physical causes such as a high fever, turned faced down on a pillow during sleep (most often in the case of drowning nightmares), or psychological ones such as psychological trauma or stress in the sleeper’s life, or can have no apparent cause.
 red_fir
Msg: 2
Nightmares and Dreams: What do you dream about?
Posted: 5/15/2012 9:01:43 PM
Well naturally, like everyone else, I dream of Lisa Kudrow.

Almost certainly a sign of impending doom.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:35:18 AM

I keep having this reoccurring dream where I am dreaming about myself analyzing myself dreaming
 JustDukky
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:24:35 AM
I have a recurring dream of a better world...But every morning I wake up to the usual nightmare. Little wonder I prefer to sleep my life away.
 lookingforsophia
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:50:13 AM
I frequently dream of tornadoes over water.
It's more invigorating than frightening;
but also frustrating as they are gone before I can set up my kite surfer.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:59:24 AM
I've had the same dream for the last two nights but I find once I share the content of my dreams, it ceases. Way to much fun to share this time.
 colt8301
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/16/2012 2:50:14 PM

I always dream about apocalyptic disasters and s&*(. I have an over active imagination so that probably comes into play here. I have more nightmares than dreams. I'm in a constant tug a war with myself, so the nightmares are possibly connected to that.
 bwena
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:01:28 PM
I dream about travel or water. There is a great online dream dictionary that I use to look up symbols of dreams.
http://www.dreemmoods.com/dreamdictionary/
 NO_NO
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:06:19 AM
I used to remember my dreams with very much details. A few years ago I just stop having dreams, and after I started to dream again I could not remember anything about them, sometimes I'm not even sure if I had a dream, is becoming this bad...

Would that site help me? :p
 Balsamica
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/18/2012 12:07:35 PM
I had a dream that I remembered and there was a rolling pin in it, just recently.

I went to make some pizzas last night and my rolling pin was gone no where to be found, looked and looked.

Then I tried to remember the dream, where it was, how I saw it, etc. and couldn't, just remember I saw a rolling pin.
 PinkZombies
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/19/2012 6:34:24 AM
Dreams are your own personal little movies. They're just for you. People don't want to hear about them, not really.
 julianx.2
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/19/2012 9:36:35 PM
I had a quick look at your website (Oh and, incidentally advertising and broadcasting is against forum rules), and I notice you have a 'dictionary' of dream symbols. I don't see how there can be standardised list of these since everyone experiences life in different ways and so we place different meanings on different things.
 SnowMoon2012
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/20/2012 11:20:21 AM
I dream of open forums free of self promotion and spammers...
 chrono1985
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/20/2012 8:05:33 PM
Honestly I think most people that try to find purpose in their dreams are over analyzing them. They do provide nice hints as to sources of problems your having, transferring things your subconsciously aware of but unable or unwilling to grasp consciously. Then there are also the random garbage that's stuck with you but you haven't let go of yet.

As someone that writes a lot of code, I tend to dream about it. One of the more vivid series of nightmares I have are where I'm stuck in a loop of trying a solution, having it fail, and failing to determine why it failed. Typically those nightmares come when I'm over thinking a problem, when the solution is far simpler than the attempts I've made. Never once glanced a solution in a dream, it's never really logical enough to apply in the real world, but I've grown to like those nightmares as they let me know when I'm trying too hard and need to come at the problem with a fresh perspective.

Some of my favorite dreams I've had became the basis for chapters of a story. Those are the dreams I mourn awaking from, the kind where my imagination has unleashed itself and created amazing people and worlds. I've seen imagery in those types of dreams that was horrifying yet beautiful at the same time. A couple of those scenes I've tried to recreate using real-time rendering techniques, to allow others to explore their brilliance, but I've yet to invoke the same sense of humbling awe they invoke in the vivid imagery my dreams provide. What I would give for a computer capable of extracting the imagery in my dreams like that episode of TNG where they plug Data into the holodock to explore one of his dreams.
 purfectmeow
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:59:49 AM
Ok I have got to get corny for a moment being this IS a dating site.
I dream (and big mind you) of the perfect relationship that will last for the rest of our lives together :)

now back to reality on POF...
 NO_NO
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:17:13 PM
I had one last night most would consider a nightmare. This time I remember most of the dream, which I kind of miss, since like in my last reply I explain I had lost the ability to retain them and remember once I wake up.

Anyway, I was talking with my brother in law, and he was talking about this guy which then show up in his car, and my brother in law calls the guy in his direction. The guy cross the side walk with his car and slightly hit the car parked by the side walk.

My brother in law then move the car that got hit across the street so this guy can take his car out of the side walk into the street. The owner of the car then show up accusing my brother in law of damaging his car, he is armed, my brother in law try to say he have nothing to do with his car being damage or moved, the guy then shots him 3 times. I hide in a corner and the guy is about to leave(enter his car), I try to take a pick on his car to get a license plate number, but I notice the guy sees me so I go back into hide. The guy comes back at my direction, I know he is coming after me. I put my hands together like when you pray) and put over my eyes and stay nice and quiet in the corner. He shots me 3 times as well, one shot hits my shoulder bone which one of the paramedics later mention.

I'm still in the corner standing with 3 shots, the police finds my brother in law but not me, until I fall flat to the ground, someone shouts that I'm still alive, but the paramedics pronounce me as dead. They submerge my body into a cold water bed. I stay like a dead corpse for a while but then I shiver with cold. I cannot breath, as I realize my tong is blocking my mouth. Someone comes and shuffle their hand into my mouth, the person struggles to push it in, then there is a snap and my tong is back in my mouth, and I can again breath. The person go for help, as my dream fades and I wake up. I felt sleep right away after. Like I say, bad dreams don't affect me so much. But anyways somehow when I woke up, I could still remember everything.
 purfectmeow
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/22/2012 12:11:24 PM
On a good, the bad, and the not ever ugly night I have to say
Clint Eastwood... my hero forever...
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/22/2012 9:00:43 PM
Typically something I saw or thought of that day. sometimes i wake up laughing, those are the best. the last time i think someone was making a funny noise in my dream.
 windchymes
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2012 6:05:16 PM
I have Murphy's Law dreams. They're always chaotic, if I'm having a good time, something bad will happen, nothing seems to go right, I can't run forward, only backward, if I'm driving my car, the brakes won't work, something is chasing me and I can't get to a safe place, I'm at work and either can't remember how to do the work or I can't keep up with the work, and worst of all, if I'm getting into a nice erotic scene with someone, I wake up. Every time.

I hate it. I'd love to have nice, pleasant dreams for a change.
 aremeself
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 3:18:31 PM
the odd time I know I am dreaming,

but that might just be part of the dream.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/29/2012 7:06:49 PM

Do you mean that you analyze the dream (as an observer) while you are within the dream?

Yes, but I am not aware that I am in a dream analyzing my dream, only that I am dreaming about analyzing my dream, so it is not lucid and I also remember very little about them.
 LennyPane
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:44:33 PM
My best friend hung himself christmas night... Since then I literally can not sleep. I've been able to take a couple cat naps (about 30 min.to an hour) but every single time I fall asleep I have the same exact nightmare in which I'm watching him get ready to hang himself and I'm trying to run towards him and scream "No! Don't do it!" But I can't get any closer to him, and the words won't vocalize. I wake up in terror, sweating and shaking. Wish there was something I could do but I guess this is how it's going to be for awhile. The only thing thatprevents the nightmares is excessive alcohol, and I don't want to go back to binge drinking. I feel like the universe is playing a sick prank
on me.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/2/2013 7:59:38 PM
I dream silly stuff mostly.
Cus I am a silly person.

:-P
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/2/2013 10:57:21 PM
I'm an insomniac after coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't remember my dreams that much, but the one's that stand out have snakes in them. Chasing or biting me. I did have one about me being in a sandstorm, only to wake up with me spitting as if I had sand in my mouth.
 billingsmason
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/2/2013 10:57:53 PM
LP- people make choices we have no control of. Life is hard. Maybe try some exhaustion to help you sleep.

I dream of war and the beach.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Nightmares and Dreams: What do you dream about?