Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Need advice - how to ask a cashier out      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AwesomeKisser
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Need advice - how to ask a cashier outPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
What have you got to lose? You don't ask her out and no date, right? If you do ask then you may not get a date but you also might.
 Frogy27
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Need advice - how to ask a cashier out
Posted: 5/16/2012 8:09:44 PM
omg i would never just ask some chick out on a date at work our just out off the blue thats what bars are for to meet woman
 spot4username
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/16/2012 8:17:49 PM
I HATE when guys hit on me at work. Of course I am nice to you. It is my job.

If you feel compelled please just be 100% up front. Just ask. Don't try to be all tricky. If she isn't interested she will at least respect you. I would rather a man ask politely than some bs roundabout route. Confidence is attractive.
 AwesomeKisser
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:18:10 PM
Don't ask her out in a way that requires an immediate answer. It would get awkward if she's not interested. Just pass her your card and say if she's interested in getting together sometime for coffee/dinner/whatever, to give you a call. Then walk away.

Sorry but I have to completely disagree with this. Women like confidence and also women will rarely initiate if you give them your phone number.

If it were me I would just tell her that she is quite attractive and that I have enjoyed her happy and outgoing personality and talking to her when I've been in the store and just ask her to meet for a coffee. The direct approach is best. If she is attracted to you she will be flattered and happy you spoke up. If she isn't attracted and interested she will still be flattered and feel good so it's a no lose situation.

omg i would never just ask some chick out on a date at work our just out off the blue thats what bars are for to meet woman

You sir are missing out on meeting lots of potentially wonderful women. I hate meeting women in bars. I have only ever dated one woman I met in a bar. The rest of the world is great for meeting women in a more genuine and laid back environment.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:39:42 PM
Some women are social butterflies and they happen to end up working as cashiers too. So, it isn't clear cut to be honest, but the only way to find out is to communicate.
 AwesomeKisser
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 11:12:34 PM

You can disagree but it still doesn't make you right. Different people react differently to this situation and not one approach will work in all situations. Some women don't like getting hit on at work and some can handle it with no problems. My suggestion was just that and makes it less embarrassing for BOTH parties involved.

Women will almost never call you if you give them your number. You have to be a man and make the move and ask for her number. You will only be embarrassed if you allow yourself to. I have approached women in public several times. I have yet to have one react badly and if they weren't interested they at least thanked me for the compliment and we went our separate ways. No one was embarrassed or upset.

Here's a secret. All women fantasize about some guy charming them at the supermarket or wherever just like you see in all those romantic movies. They almost never react badly to being approached but you have to do it in a relaxed and sincere way. We're not talking about cheesy pick up lines or coming on to her. Just honest and relaxed and fun and she will most likely respond to that.

security will probably throw you out, dont do it bro.

I seriously doubt it unless he does it in a harassing way or tries to grab her or touch her inappropriately. What will security throw him out for? He told her he liked her and asked her if she wanted to get a coffee. CALL THE POLICE! Lol!

As I said, she will be flattered to be complimented and asked out whether she is interested or not. I have never, ever had a woman react poorly to me telling them I found them attractive.

@ BornVillan:

Your eloquence and insight are mind blowing!
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 5:21:00 AM
Most cashiers like the job because it allows them to be chatty. :P
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:10:27 AM
The last time the note thing worked with a female, for me, was in second grade haha. You can ask a cashier out without embarrassing her. You just have to be smooth about it.
 Maleman999
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/18/2012 6:49:43 PM
Put your first name and phone number on a $50 bill and hand it to her (after paying your bill). Then say "There's more where this came from." LOL
 RD2112
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/20/2012 3:28:43 AM
Strike up more conversation with her. Ask what her weekend plans are? Ask how often they get breaks and when her next one is. Offer to hang out n chat and ask what she soda she likes to drink. If she says ok then she is interested then you can ask her to go do something awayu from customers. She may be shy and needs to be away from others to open up.

There was an adorable cashier that I spoke to for over a year. I got to noticing that I wanted to go back in just to chat again. So I just went in and asked what schedule her schedule was and said I would come around after work so we can talk away from others. (do not go asking a cashier u don't know her schedule unless she is throwing big hints at you that she wants to talk). We dated for a couple months and are still friends.
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2012 9:41:14 PM
Don't ask her out at the store. It's awkward. You need to make time available for both of you to talk more first.

When you first come into the store, walk up to her and tell her you will be coming through her line in a bit, and ask her to have her name and number written down to give to you when you come through if she's ok with that. This gives her time to think about it too without pressure. If/when she gives it to you, tell her you'll call her when she gets off work.
 Dili_gent
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2012 10:37:00 PM
If she asks what you did last weekend, say not much. Then say something to the effect:
Would you like to help me plan next weekend? If she responds in a positive way, then give her your number and leave. She doesn't have to say yes or no. If she is really interested she will call. You have about a 60 percent chance of success.

My dad worked at Safeway for a while. They REQUIRED every employee to be "chatty" with the customers. In their twisted mind, this somehow justified charging an arm and a leg for their products.
 Acehonestlady
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2012 2:50:28 AM

what does one say as one is inserting a credit card into a bank terminal?

I think I should put a comdon on this!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Need advice - how to ask a cashier out