Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women kiss on the first date to be just nice?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hope2345
Msg: 1
Do women kiss on the first date to be just nice?Page 1 of 1    
I recently went on a date with a girl and it went pretty good. She even told me, the next day over text message she had a good time. I wasn't going to try to kiss her good night. She seemed more old-fashioned and so I didn't want to force anything on her. At the end though, she made a move and kissed me right on the lips. Before the date when I texted her, she would responsed all the time and usually in a quick manner. Now she seems more distance and doesn't responsd as much. I called her the other night and she didn't pick up, so I left a message. Honestly, I didn't expect a call back but she called me back pretty quick and we talked for a while. I asked her out again but she said she might be busy this weekend with friends. It sounded like the real plans not just made up ones to blow me off. She told me to call her later in the week to see. I know she has started some new projects and has been real busy the past couple of days, but I would still think she would respond to my text messages (She isn't completely blowing off my text messages, its just not like it was before). Do some girls don't want to talk over text messages and just want to move on to call each other? I'm confused on this one. All signals on the date pointed to she had a good time and wanted to see me more. But the days afterwards, have been confusing.
 ecochick1962
Msg: 2
Do women kiss on the first date to be just nice?
Posted: 5/16/2012 6:59:38 PM
A kiss is just a kiss. Even if a man isnt the one for me, I'll still kiss him, unless hes totally awful....equally, I have been kissed by men who werent interested in me....its just a quick peck, nothing to obsess over.
 alpha103
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:03:24 PM
it really depends. generally the girls i met on here if its a date , and someone they have interest in then it starts with a kiss. But some it's cold as ice. You hit and miss with some. If she kissed you on the first date, then blew you off i'd say she was seeing someone but got caught up in what you offered her.

I'd say give her some space, i'd put money on she's weighing her options. In the meantime meet someone new, to be honest folks are friendly on here
 tgrlily3
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:04:41 PM
To answer some of your questions from my perspective, If I'm just trying to be nice, I'll give someone a hug at the end of the night. If we're both feeling more, sure I'll kiss them. As far as being confused, dating is confusing you really never know what the other person is thinking so you have to ask direct questions. She might be trying to figure out what you're thinking too.

Ask her out for a specific date, time and location, if she has vague plans and doesn't offer an alternative date then I would move on. It's better to ask than to drive yourself crazy by thinking of all of the possibilities.
 Mzee184
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:10:09 PM
I agree that it sounds like she is weighing her options. There is probably another guy she has been talking to. Another possibility is that she really likes you but is being a bit careful as she feels herself falling for you but that is probably not so likely at this stage.
 bsunrise28
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:17:59 PM
Dude that's just the way some people are. I've had it happen to me and I know it sucks. Just keep trying and you'll find someone worth your time!
 OopstooLate
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:31:31 PM
Not me.
I do it cuz I like to stick my tongue down people's throats...mmmm stranger saliva.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:47:44 PM
Maybe she felt like she was kissing her brother?
By that, I mean no chemistry.

when a woman kisses you outof the blue...
be sure to make it romantic.
 abelian
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:58:18 PM

Not in my experience unless they also have sex on the next date to be nice, too. If a woman kisses me on a first date, I don't even question whether or not she wants a second date. I seriously doubt a woman will kiss a guy just to be nice unless it's the kind of kiss she'd give her relatives.

ts just a quick peck, nothing to obsess over.

A quick peck doesn't count as a kiss.
 InMyOwnTime25
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/16/2012 8:15:42 PM
I don't think she'd kiss you if she wasn't interested.

Maybe she's not responding as quickly to the texts because she actually is interested but doesn't want to seem clingy early on. If she started completing ignoring your texts and calls, that's when I'd worry. She might have thought before the meet she had to answer right away to keep your interest but now she might just be relaxing a little.

DeerTaint
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/16/2012 8:16:10 PM
A kiss to be nice?? I won't even shake someone's hand to be polite.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 8:16:48 PM

Ask her out for a specific date, time and location, if she has vague plans and doesn't offer an alternative date then I would move on.

this.

you say she turned you down because MAYBE she has a conflict? you're being brushed off.
 Landra2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:25:19 PM
She had a good time. You're not her prince charming, so she's not keen to have you pursue her. But until she meets someone who knocks her socks off, you might be handy to keep around-- just.
So, call her later in the week to see.
If it's a no go (most likely), just go on about your life.
 bwena
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:57:18 PM
A kiss is a great way to see if you have chemistry. Perhaps it didn't do much for her.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:03:32 PM
Meh. I have kissed a thousand women that I knew I would never see again. It's just a kiss and really is no big deal. You say that she is busy so she is probably busy. But that is not the issue here. In a separate thread Christ on a Crutch said the truth. Dating is just to see if you are compatible. If your communication styles, schedules, wants and needs match up. It seems that you want more than she is willing to give. If that is the case, it's not a match and move on.
 FairIsFair
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:34:40 PM
I won't kiss someone on the first date if I had no interest or chemistry with them. Why lead them on?
She told you the next day that she had a nice time. You called, she called you back. And then said to call her late rin the week.

One thing to ask...how often are you txting her? Perhaps you are overdoing it on the txt messages?
You might be coming off as clingy or smoothering.
Second, she might actually be busy and cannot reply as much as you want her to.

Let her come to you at times. Or let her txt you first.
Call her later in the week and see what's up.
 marie2107
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/17/2012 12:01:23 AM
I say no girls do not kiss on the first date to be nice. I would not initiate a first date kiss myself, unless I had drunk too much maybe. I believe you are doing okay here. Just keep showing her that you are interested. When you text ask some open ended questions to see if she responds later when she isn't busy. Texting for hours at a time can get old. Maybe she is super busy and cannot have the same level of contact as before. And she definitely likes to receive voicemail messages and talk to you on the phone so that is good. Just keep asking her if she is available when you both have some free time. She may have already made plans that she could not break.
 marie2107
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/17/2012 12:13:55 AM
I'm confused about your post now that I have looked at your profile. Not sure what you two were texting about or if you exchanged pics. Those are important factors here. Can you give more information? Oh and did you tell her how much you enjoyed your date? Give her compliments like you looked great, sexy or smelled nice? Any of that feedback after the first date?
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/17/2012 3:17:16 AM
I have never kissed someone just to be polite, out of pity or any other reason other then wanting to.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/17/2012 5:04:24 AM

I recently went on a date with a girl and it went pretty good. She even told me, the next day over text message she had a good time. I wasn't going to try to kiss her good night. She seemed more old-fashioned and so I didn't want to force anything on her. At the end though, she made a move and kissed me right on the lips. Before the date when I texted her, she would responsed all the time and usually in a quick manner. Now she seems more distance and doesn't responsd as much.
I hate to point out the obvious but maybe kissing is important to her (its is VERY important to me) and you just happen to be a crappy kisser. I have not asked for second dates with gals I kissed and felt nothing at all for. Some gals are really great kissers and it stirs something inside you. Some literally take your breath away. And some are like kissing a dead fish. I try and avoid kissing fish more then once. If you kiss someone and just feel nothing then it's a sign... I want to kiss a gal and when your lips break apart you gasp and go "OMG! Kiss me again fast"

Cowboy
 kja71
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/17/2012 7:07:08 AM
I agree with cowboy. Kissing is the most important thing that I use to figure out if I wanna see someone again. If we have fun, but they are a terrible kisser, then it won't work for me. When I kiss a man I want to see fireworks.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women kiss on the first date to be just nice?