Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Ahhhh.....thunder!! (and other sounds from nature).....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Ahhhh.....thunder!! (and other sounds from nature).....Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Felt the need to include " (and other sounds from nature) " in the thread title so as not to mislead what the post is about! :)

It's raining (hard) right now with random LOUD thunder........I absolutely LOVE it!! The thunder is slow booming..........and WONDERFUL!!

I think this type of "nature sound" is my absolute favorite. Second would be a snowfall......though I guess there is no "sound" of snow falling..........whatever.

What's your favorite "nature" sound?
 onlydateIF
Msg: 2
Ahhhh.....thunder!! (and other sounds from nature).....
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:04:08 PM
the entire symphony in the Amazon at night, including thunder, macaque monkeys, macaws and pounding rain. Florida thunderstorms are awesome though I agree! Even better when there's lightning quickly followed by a rainbow :)
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:04:26 PM
Loones. They actually take me back to the museum of man and nature in winnipeg that I went to a lot as a kid (soundtrack in an exhibit). And a marshy nature reserve searching and exploring bugs on field rips. It's a beautiful sound.

rain too. i often turn off any noise around me and just read or whatever to the sound of
rain.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:50:33 PM
birds.
Their songs bring joy
that is carried on the wind.
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:34:44 PM
AnOther Good Thread.No Favourites though Like MotherNature&Sounds etc.Appreciate Sound of Fire(when created,&addin other items to feed it thus content crispsound made..) Water be it warm/cooling gentle rain shower quiet until one notices,&at beach water softly laps at shore, sounds of pebbles touching water, SeaShells(fun),Earth/MineralSounds like sands/seeds being shook, rustling/fallenleaves/trees/reeds even in water by winds/creatures,
&Creature Sounds-purrs,bird sounds,coo's,calls/cries,sounds of fish/whales/others bubbling/feeding echoes of thunder till it ebbs,&esp. sounds baby creatures/parents, nibbling sounds of bunnies,songs of belugas too,Love sounds ofcheetahs How wind blows through,water drops slowly,trumpet of elephants & swans,sad whimpers,proud roars of lions,howling wolves coyotes,yelps of foxes,laughter of hyenas,chirps of some beetles bugs insects,weird sound caterpillars make,sound of horses galloping,when deer graze/breathe,&hidden sounds ofcreatures we cant hear lest captured by spec. machine so we can hear evengiraffes &other sounds,fluttering of wings, breaking of ice,sadness of morning doves,snaps of wood/turtles,hiss of reptiles,croaks of frogs,growls, sounds of creatures swimming, hatching of eggs,..Life & All
&Etcs ToBeCont
 bwena
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:42:20 PM
Mourning Doves, Whip O Will, Meadowlark, Red Wing Blackbird. Rain. The thunderstorm rolling in slowly across the prairie for miles. A child's laughter.
 raxarsr
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 11:36:54 PM
tunderstorms...the surf at night................a lone whip-o-will.............a flock of wild geese overhead.......a childs laughter.........a cats purr....even though i'm not a "cat person".......the quiet hush of the deer woods....a pack of beagles chaseing a rabbit........but i think my favorite has got to be the thunderous gobble of a wild turkey answering my call..........dont matter if i dont see him..........just "talking" to him is a thrill every single time
 vlad dracul
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 11:42:40 PM
the bloody seagulls jumping about on my roof. it sounds like they are wearing steel toecapped
boots

but as my garden is overgrown and has now been designated a nature reserve it has to
be the sparries and stuckies and blackies singing away in the morning.

the light drizzle rain bouncing of the window. hearing the thunder then watching the lightning
over the firth of forth

tis the dogs bollocks
 stargazin53
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 11:47:45 PM
Ah--LOVE these posts--:)
In the spring...every single time I hear the red-winged blackbird's call, it takes me right back to being a child playing outside in the spring. Love the sound of a fast-moving brook, the forest at night, BIG thunderstorms :)
 onlydateIF
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/17/2012 12:07:32 AM
...also, the in and out swooshing of waves, waterfalls, and whales and dolphins 'clicking' underwater...or a herd of horses or Buffalo makin their kind of thunder!
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 12:53:39 AM
Agree WaterFalls an excellent one to hear. Birds at dawn, bats, hoots of owls, piercing yell of predator birds, loons at dusk.. I wonder if sounds from comets may ever be possible to hear, record..anyhoo parrots mimicking, CanadianGeese honking, digging sounds of critters, an so much more..oh sounds of animals sleeping/dreaming, cute tiny sounds from big & small creatures..pandas sneezing.. sounds of playful creatures like otters,.plus sound of fresh snow being walked on or blend of sounds in caves, huffing of volcanoes,the sweeping of sand leaves rocks tumbling.. though dangerous even sounds of cyclone, mudslides &all an amazing sense of hearing & ability of sounds Etcs
 ih8tefrogstoo
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 4:32:40 AM
Many of my favourite sounds have already been cited by others here. :o) Okay, some of these I'm about to list aren't true nature sounds, but I love them just as much.

As was mentioned by the OP, the sound of a good, old-fashioned thunderstorm, especially in the evening.

I also agree with whoever chose loons. When I was growing up we had a pair that nested every year on the lake where we had a small cottage. Their call, especially on an isolated lake, is haunting.

Songbirds in the early morning hours.

A lawnmower in the distance as a neighbour cuts their grass; the sound immediately takes me back to my childhood days, where I'd lay in bed in the early evening and hear the motor of a distant mower humming along.

My two rabbits eating their pellets. May seem a bit weird, but there's a certain feeling of contentment in being able to sit back and hear them munching away after I've filled their dishes.

The sound of a horse's breath as he nuzzles his head next to me.

My dog chuffling in her sleep as she chases that ever-elusive squirrel. Usually accompanied by nose twitches and feet running.

A baby breaking out into hearty, non-stop laughter over something silly.

The leaves of poplar trees on a breezy day.

A train whistle blowing in the distance.

Ocean waves crashing against rocks during a windstorm.

Crickets.

Frogs.

Silence.
 organicquestionmark
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 5:02:24 AM
Great responses......sigh :)

Thank you, Jac! Sadly, when I went to the site it said the video was not available :( Appreciate the effort!! :)
 Full_of_Grace67
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 5:44:32 AM
Hands down, ocean surf...Somehow that sound brings me profound peace and happiness...Probably from my childhood trips to the beach with the family.

Also train whistles. Reminds me of my grandparent's house in Florida when I was a kid....Sometimes solemn, sometimes serene...

I love birds too except the Blue Jay (which is just loud and obnoxious!) And crows make my skin crawl. There is something ominous and frightening about them...
The Mourning Doves are haunting and sad (Hence the name "Mourning")
But I do love most other birds. For me it signals Spring which brings new life and beautiful weather...

Oooh and a crackling fire! That brings the sound (and smell) of Fall which is my fav season

Wolves and coyotes howling is fascinating but I have to be in a certain state of mind or it's just chilling.

Peep toads remind me of Bermuda when I was pregnant. I couldn't sleep but they calmed me down...

My cat's meow when she greets me...it's like a little squeak but it's just adorable...

I used to be terrified of storm sounds when I was alone. Now it's lovely when I'm with someone (esp a significant other) but when I am with my kids I get anxious because they are afraid. I try to stay strong but when a crack of lightening hits close by, I have to control my reaction as not to scare them....But I do love the sound of slow, rolling thunder on a hot night

So many others but in the interest of space, I will stop now, lol

Wonderful thread, thank you!!!
 organicquestionmark
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 12:59:28 PM
^^^^^Pety, I'd forgotton about the crackle of a fire........ahhhhhhh! Especially if it's outdoors like at a campsite......or in a friend's backyard, sitting around on logs, having a nightcap...........thanks for the wonderful memory!! :)
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 1:36:11 PM
Ancient Trad.Art of making pottery by hand in those stone fire ovens in Japan..the sounds of the cracking, crackling...the crickets and grasshoppers chirping, katydids making their sounds, songs of whales/porpoises, and the lovely sound of bells. Oh leaf whistles, bamboo flutes...I also love when someone said of the sounds of horses when they breathe on you..that is nice. the alert cries of killdeer birds, cardinals & bluejays, sparrows, ravens. the sounds of jackals, & landing sounds of animals that hop/jump/pounce & the sound of iceskates hitting the ice so smoothly, & etcs to be cont.
 TooShadows
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 2:46:27 PM
The coyotes howling off in the distance at bedtime. If they're too close though they'll keep you awake. Likewise with the frogs in the ditch.
 ICOMPLETEME
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/17/2012 4:03:20 PM
This is such a lovely post! Makes me happy reading all the "sounds". I love the sound of the ocean, and the sound of a baby laughing, and birds chirping. And someone said " A Lawnmower". I like that too! Reminds me of springtime.
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 4:16:55 PM
Every morning around 6:00 am, a woodpecker pecks the living daylights out of my metal chimney cap.
Not unlike how a jackhammer might sound in the bedroom.
Ahhh...the sounds of nature.
 bwena
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/17/2012 8:05:32 PM
Ohhhhh the crackle of a fire is so awesome. I forgot about tree frogs and Spring peepers. The whinny and snort of the horses munching grass in the pasture. The wind blowing across the prairie grasses.
 organicquestionmark
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2012 2:38:29 PM
^^^^^ Bwena!^^^^^Such a nice "memory"......eh?

I don't have horses but I once lived near a (private) stable. The pasture was "private" but also lined up against a public line (of land) that I would drive to just to "sit"......looking out on the gorgeous land.....spectacular animals (horses).

As far as tree frogs go.......I'm not above the consideration.......just dont' ask too many questions! :)
 SugahPunkin
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/21/2012 2:49:03 PM
I wish I had a fireplace here.. the sounds from a fire is absolutely wonderful. I enjoy going to Cracker barrel during the colder months because they have a roaring fire.

I have one of the sound machines in my bedroom, so its raining all the time.. lol. It also makes the sound of the ocean and birds singingetc.. I really love it and its on all the time.

My favorite is the rain. But nothing is as wonderful too hearing a small child talking.. its awesome. My neice when she was small would carry on long conversations with her teddy bear. Have no clue what she was saying but she was sooo serious with it. It was sweet.
 michele6259
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2012 3:10:00 PM
hawks sreaming
owls hooting
June bugs on the window screens
tree frogs it starts early evening and all is quiet then one lone frogs gives a chirp and its like switching on a light switch! it gets kinda loud.
but my favorite is a shy, robin type bird called a Wood thrush, It's song is the most beautiful song that sounds like a flute, mostly heard just before sunrise and sunset.
 cover_me
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2012 3:22:42 PM
Nature's sounds that I love:
I love thunder, and storms in general.
The owls that throw wild parties behind my house sometimes make me laugh.
Squirrels jabbering back and forth in the trees. Over at my Mom's house, they bark at her dog lol.
I like birds singing too.
The crackle and pop of a fire is hella relaxing.
 Full_of_Grace67
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2012 6:01:01 PM
My mom just told me yesterday that rabbits actually scream when they are in danger!! That's something I would never want to hear!
We were sitting on her back porch and a flock of Canada Geese flew over. Their honking is really quite cute...

The kids and I like to mooo at the cows on the way to the beach.
I stayed at a resort once that had a Peacock strutting around. They make that funny sound "hee YAWH hee YAWH" So I would mimick him and he would keep talking to me!
Mocking Birds are also so funny because they can imitate just about any other bird...And sometimes cats, lol
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Ahhhh.....thunder!! (and other sounds from nature).....