Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _mr_brown
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Ok, so i have a friend who is 5'7. He wears a product called liftkits which add 2 inches along with some shoes that have a 1-2 inch heel and he ends up being about 5'11 with all of that on.

My question is, how do women feel about this?

I mean women wear heels, hair extensions, color contacts, but pads, push up bras, fake eye lashes, fake nails, girdles, etc to enhance their looks, is it fair game if a guy wants to enhance his height?
 BountyHunterMike
Msg: 2
What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?
Posted: 5/18/2012 8:54:38 PM
i personaly dont have a problem...whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander
 _mr_brown
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 9:07:41 PM
my bad, i guess guys can chime in too if they want, but id be mroe interested on how women feel.

the thing is about my friend, is that eventually, he's got to take his shoes off!
 VienneSeule
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/18/2012 9:22:10 PM
I mean women wear heels, hair extensions, color contacts, but pads, push up bras, fake eye lashes, fake nails, girdles, etc to enhance their looks, is it fair game if a guy wants to enhance his height?

Its highly unlikely that a woman would wear even half of these things you stated all at once unless shes nicki minaj or a man but thats besides the point.

There is nothing attractive about a man who wears heels unless he's rupaul. I think guys who wear those things are insecure, uptight, feminine and I question their sexuality....Those shoes are really ugly and you can clearly look at a guys shoes and see what he's trying to do. It just makes him look worse. I saw a guy wearing those shoes once and I was extremely turned off. Liftkits and highheel man boots do not make men look taller they just make them look stupid and BELIEVE they look taller. Women can tell the difference.

so back to your question
is it fair game if a guy wants to enhance his height
No. because, as you earlier stated...
I mean women wear heels

The tribe has spoken.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/18/2012 9:25:00 PM
my bad, i guess guys can chime in too if they want, but id be mroe interested on how women feel. the thing is about my friend, is that eventually, he's got to take his shoes off!

Most guys that are too worried about it may never learn just how women feel. Your "friend" would be best advised to focus more on relaxing and having some conversational fun on that "first meet" or even a "first date" rather than worrying about trying to impress some stranger with your shoe lifts..
 daynadaze
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 9:31:46 PM
I never wear heels, you would be lucky if I had on shoes. I think the shoes don't help a lot because his body would still seem short, out of proportion, if he's adding 4 inches of shoes, I would notice that his arms and legs and possibly torso were oddly short for his height. I would wonder why he bothered, but if he felt better about himself, it's his business. It wouldn't stop me from liking him, but I wouldn't see the need.
 zenpeacelove
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 9:44:19 PM
Heck, if a guy wants to wear lifts to be taller or even wants to try something else, like botox for wrinkles, why not? Women have done all kinds of supposed "enhancements" for ages in an attempt to tempt, lol. And there are even more treatments and things designed for men now, like hair transplants. And many plastic surgery procedures are being sought out by men too...Equal rights as far as I'm concerned. Now the results on both sides can be good or bad. And being enhanced can move to overdone and fake also. While I am not against trying to look and feel better, I personally don;t know what I would be willing to subject myself to, physically, or financially for vanity's sake, although I do have tattoos and color my hair...There ya go! So, I guess I am a bit vain as well...lmao!
 acsmith72
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/18/2012 10:31:19 PM
I think it's as stupid as women who wear shoes that give them extra height. Be happy with who you are with things like that. Looking good, and being someone you're not are two different things.
 VienneSeule
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/18/2012 10:33:51 PM
Any woman who wears heels shouldn't have a problem with it. Otherwise it would be a double standard.
so i guess men shouldnt have a problem with us p*ssing standing up and all over toilet seat and floor or buying a strap on, or shaving our head or wearing boxers instead of panties etc no bras and no pads or tampons on our period either...or that would be a double standard on your part to expect us to do that!!
 Rosiehere
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/18/2012 10:33:55 PM
As long as the woman knows he is really 5'7" I see nothing wrong with wearing lifts. Some days you feel like being taller and some days you don't. Like a padded bra. Do I want to be a C or D today.
 Sensitive_Writer
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/18/2012 10:38:51 PM
I don't see a problem with men wearing lifts.....Hey, back in the '70's men wore platform shoes which increased their height. As long as the guy is honest about his actual height without the lifts, I see nothing wrong with it.....
 VienneSeule
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/18/2012 11:06:08 PM
So you're following me around the forums bashing everything I post?

Funny, I feel the same way...

Actually I think everything on that list is for your own comfort.

so when it comes to men doing womenly things its a double standard but women doing manly things its for her own comfort....That in itself is a double standard

So I guess heels are for a mans comfort??? y'okay we women also appreciate men not wearing heels
 Fleuron
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/18/2012 11:16:31 PM

Any woman who wears heels shouldn't have a problem with it. Otherwise it would be a double standard.

So let’s see your four inch stilettos.

I prefer tall men who are actually tall. But if a man chooses to wear them, that’s his thing.

ETA: I guess you missed the part where I said But if a man chooses to wear them, that’s his thing.

You're the one complaining of a double standard so diligently. I just wanted to see your heels.
 wanted555
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 11:33:50 PM
oh frankie! your so funny! anyway i grew up with rock and roll and many bands loved platforms / also punk and goth had and still does , thick hieght soles / i went out with a british goth / he taught me a few things lol!
 scifichicky
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/19/2012 12:17:41 AM
Is your friend the artist formerly known as Prince? I find the whole idea a bit laughable and a sign of insecurity.
 nobilisofwind
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2012 12:27:03 AM
I think four inches is too drastic a change for him to expect women to not get upset when they find out. Is he planning on wearing those shoes around the house? Women would be justified in dumping him if they feel like they're living with someone other than who they met. However, if a man is attractive enough for her to date, but a couple of inches of height difference acts on her instincts so that she can be more attracted to someone she would like to date, I think it's fine. In the same way, women should not alter their appearance to make themselves attractive to someone who would otherwise not be attracted to them, unless they are going to make the alteration fairly permanent. Girdles and padded bras fall into that category. If the person knows how they normally look, that's fine.
 wanted555
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2012 12:36:14 AM
reply to chicky / Are You Sure You Know How To Laugh ?? Anna Mouskourie?
 scifichicky
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/19/2012 12:59:45 AM
Yes, if you're short then you're short, tall, fat skinny whatever... OWN it and make it work for you. I am the woman who never grew out of the awkward stage, I am geeky and clumsy... I will never be the graceful and self-assured seductress, AND I AM OKAY WITH THAT. You use what you got and there is always a portion of the population that likes exactly what you are. Case in point, I have a dear friend that will not even look at a girl under a size 14. Another that pretty much only dates redheads. Another that only dates what I consider to be mousy guys... there is somebody for everybody, so use what you got. OWN who you are, whoever that is. Things that are flaws in our eyes are perfection in another's.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2012 2:32:58 AM
There's two basic kinds of "enhancements" out there, for both men AND women.

The first kind, are actually enhancements. That is, they take some feature or quality a person has, and emphasizes or highlights it, to make it even more attractive. That's what basic makeup is about. It is also what high heals are actually for in women: not to make them seem taller, but to enhance the shape of their legs.

The second kind, which this is, are not enhancements at all. They are outright deceptions. In women, they include rubber or other materials shoved into brassieres to make it appear that her breasts are twice their real size, and in men they include these special rubber inserts and special shoes, to allow a man to physically lie about his height. Both men and women can wear fat-squashing devices, to fake that they are less hefty than they really are.

There is a bit of a double standard related to this, though. That is, that even today, women are generally still thought of as "weaker" by many people, including other women, so that when they do fake things, it isn't thought of as being nearly as deathly pitiful as when a man does the equivalent. Men are still supposed to be the "strong" ones, and the more open and honest. Women are still more readily excused for such things, often on the grounds that it is BECAUSE they are women that they do them, while when men do them, they are often accused of being very unmanly.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/19/2012 4:09:44 AM
hopefully..by the time he takes his shoes off..he's banging her!! LOL...
 Lionesse19
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/19/2012 4:19:32 AM
I would like to know what kind of walk he has with all that high heel going on. I bet he minces.!!! However once he is in bed it is all over, right? Why not settle for the 2inch lifts, making him 5'9" . That would not be such a shock. However he cant disguise the length of his arms which are giveaway to any astute woman.
 Pinky127
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/19/2012 4:33:27 AM
A man in high heels.......................nah,doesn't do a thing for **me**
 Walts
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/19/2012 5:17:51 AM
I personally wouldn't add heals to my collection of footwear or these "lifters" or whatever. Than again, I don't worry about my balding head, my scars from the past, my skin tone, the length of my eye lashes and/or finger nails,etc. Others do and will.

so i guess men shouldnt have a problem with us p*ssing standing up and all over toilet seat and floor or buying a strap on, or shaving our head or wearing boxers instead of panties etc no bras and no pads or tampons on our period either...or that would be a double standard on your part to expect us to do that!!

If ya can pee standing,stand. If ya wanna buy a stap on, find a hole to insert. Shaved head????? On some women it's attractive. Boxers, well, they are actually underwear that act like underwear. Really, what does a thong do for you girls???? And if ya wanna drip naturally for a week every month, do it. Some do. Gotta buy more laundry detergent though,I'm guessin.
 pantog
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/19/2012 5:26:38 AM
I dont like it. ...............
 _mr_brown
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2012 5:37:29 AM

You speaking on geneder specific reproductive/sexual organs. Which is a completely different conversation since we have no control over what gender we are.

However, we have control over whether or not we choose to increase our height. The point he was trying to make is that if its okay for a woman to increase her height, then why is it not okay for a man.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?