Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Dishonest people…      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 armaegis
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Dishonest people…Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm in the "once bitten, twice shy" mindset for trusting people right now.

That said, iphone/android/etc apps that let you check messages from your phone really skew with things, so you can't reliably judge by that (unless you know they don't have a smartphone).
 hello_mc_fly
Msg: 3
Dishonest people…
Posted: 5/25/2012 7:15:12 PM
Are you talking about this site or just people in general?
 Senburu
Msg: 4
Dishonest people…
Posted: 5/27/2012 6:52:44 PM
I find most of the dishonesty is coming from people that aren't really looking for a relationship they are looking for something physical and to move on. Everyone with half a brain knows you cant start a lasting relationship based on lies. The Truth always boils over and the dishonest person gets a burnt hand.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 5
Dishonest people…
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:01:37 PM
Smartphones kinda changes the landscape of things...now you can be shopping with your son just like you told someone you would be, and you can log in and check messages. It doesnt mean they lied.
 armaegis
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Dishonest people…
Posted: 6/26/2012 8:50:59 PM
Sometimes people think that a lie is easier than the truth, or perhaps they've had the truth backfire on them so they figure a lie is "safer". Meh. The state of the world is such that often times we will believe the lie to be the easier route. Or the coward's way.
 edjoecdn
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Dishonest people…
Posted: 7/1/2012 10:33:03 PM
A few emails does not make a relationship ! .... You say "trust" when I say "respect".... on here some people get into the kid in the candy store mode... there's always something better around the corner... type of thinking. Best to move on... if you see it in the beginning... it could be nothing... or it could be a red flag...

But some, .... "once the talk" happens ... shut right down and are totally different, exclusive, etc

Ultimately, your life ... your risk... your call..
 sundog1111
Msg: 9
Dishonest people…
Posted: 7/7/2012 11:51:07 AM
Hey.....this is the reality with those type of people, what goes around comes around! It's a physical law of the universe.
 BCVic
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Dishonest people…
Posted: 7/10/2012 5:43:40 PM
Have to say that Lamb was on this site......somehow he invoked "trust"...not gonna do the same......people in general, til s/he earns the trust.....
 BCVic
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Dishonest people…
Posted: 7/10/2012 5:44:42 PM
Agree w/your opinion.
 BCVic
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Dishonest people…
Posted: 7/10/2012 5:45:46 PM
Again, concur totally.
 BCVic
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Dishonest people…
Posted: 7/10/2012 5:46:42 PM
check...my karma is good.
 BCVic
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Dishonest people…
Posted: 7/10/2012 5:48:15 PM
Hmmm, because I've not used the 'Forum' B4...did my posts go to the people I was responding to?
 edjoecdn
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Dishonest people…
Posted: 7/22/2012 11:46:11 PM
LOL.... now ma'am the all went to the back / bottom of the line...

It's actually quite funny.... like talking to yourself ! ...

No Harm intended.... simply a ha-ha observation...
 CuriousDav56
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Dishonest people…
Posted: 7/24/2012 9:07:44 PM
These forums are totally fecked....why do I come back here every few months?guess I'm just missing the good old days... I remember the times when guys talked about cats... and the women talked about putting a leash on the dogs.
 optymystic
Msg: 17
Dishonest people…
Posted: 10/2/2012 11:41:25 AM
I , personally, have noticed a much larger degree of dishonesty on sites, like POF, that are free dating sites.
 LadyD213
Msg: 18
Dishonest people…
Posted: 10/8/2012 8:58:47 AM
Hi, I have been on and off this site for a year. Had a relationship with someone for over 6 months but most of his profile was a lie or he just said what he thought women wanted to hear. "wanting honesty, divorced (he's been separated for almost 20 years), wants a relationship, wants someone to travel with, drinks socially" - he wasn't honest in all these respects & I ended up hurt as we had really clicked & I have the emails to prove it. I honestly don't know why he ended it as I am not looking for marriage or living with anyone, just having someone to have fun with in town & travel with & a monogamus relationship (don't wanna be a serial dater) - he hadn't been in a relationship for a long time & was scared of any commitment? He would make plans for us then cancel within a few hours... was my stupidity in believing his sweet comments. He did't have another woman unless you consider sports on tv as the competition. lol

Once bitten, twice shy and still wondering why we are both still on here. I guess I feel that I was used but can't figure out why.
 LadyD213
Msg: 19
Dishonest people…
Posted: 10/8/2012 9:13:29 AM
In addition, there is a lot of dishonesty on this site & probably on others. Especially about intent and weight. If sex is all that is wanted, just say so, so I can block you. lol (btw, a few extra pounds doesn't mean 100 - if there is a picture, we can tell even without a full body shot lol - just be honest in your profle).

BTW I'm looking to make friends (male and female as most of mine are attached) to just go out, have some fun & ultimately someone who likes to travel to hot spots in the winter. All inclusives, single occupancy can be so expensive. lol
 And_She_Was
Msg: 20
Dishonest people…
Posted: 10/19/2012 10:00:51 PM
I keep coming back every few months too, Uppity Mike.

I miss talking about Dark Side and the Orpeheum. :)
 edjoecdn
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Dishonest people…
Posted: 11/1/2012 5:54:20 AM
<<< "STILL" banned from starting threads..... Oh the good ole days..... shiets & giggles.... and a lot more people involved!
 goingbonkers
Msg: 22
Dishonest people…
Posted: 11/20/2012 1:31:20 PM
I agree there are alot of dishonest people on here. Men and women.
Too bad it wasn't only on here. Then the rest of the world would be safe.....lol

You can be on a free or paid site and they are dishonest on both.

I did like the get togethers. They were fun and I found it easier to see more of the true person.

Guess we all have to take our chances in life and hope you meet the real deal. I like many will keep the guard up.
 Perspektiv
Msg: 23
Dishonest people…
Posted: 12/16/2012 5:29:14 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock on someone showing up online. I mean, many can easily surf the website through their cellphones.

I think you should pick your battles, in terms of determining what is deemed to be *dealbreaker* level of dishonesty.

That said, there are dishonest people everywhere. It's quite easy to read someone in things with the wrong intentions.
 wpghenry
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Dishonest people…
Posted: 12/30/2012 7:14:53 PM
seen many dishonest profiles. know a few of the women on her posting their age 10 years younger than they are. a coworker noticed one on here and confirmed he knew her and that the age posted way off and looking at her pics you can tell a 10 year span.
 Perspektiv
Msg: 25
Dishonest people…
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:10:19 AM
I see lying about your appearance, as someone who is ashamed of theirs. It's an early sign, they have self-esteem issues, and would be quick to sniff out once you met them.

You reach a certain age, and spotting a liar is rather easy. I don't see liars as bad things, as they make you appreciate those you come across that are honest, tenfold (considering you'll appreciate how hard it was to find them).

Negativity and positivity, is all in how you choose to look at things.

Dishonest people are only frustrating, if you allow them into your life. I mean, you show me dishonesty, I quickly show you the door. I strongly believe you teach people how to treat you.
 serendipity.xo
Msg: 26
Dishonest people…
Posted: 1/28/2013 3:45:24 PM
I just recently found out my boyfriend of 2 1/5 years had a profile on this site. One of the girls he enganged in conversation with recognized him and once she realized who he was, called me and let me in on everything. He keeps saying it was stupid and immature and really has no other explanation for me. Any advice would be helpful!
His username was "serge7777" is anyone else has talked to him.

Thanks!
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Dishonest people…