Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Putting things into perspective....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 soverncomfort
Msg: 5
Putting things into perspective....Page 1 of 1    
The truth is, many of us should feel lucky and never have anything to complain about when we read things like that. There are hundreds of thousands of people across the world who are suffering for one reason or another.

Will that stop any of us occasionally moaning about this, that or the other. Realistically it won't. Because we are human, it is natural to get frustrated about certain aspects of life. But yes, in a correct and proper world, if we all thought a bit more about people around us maybe we'd complain less often.
 Richard_of_York
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Putting things into perspective....
Posted: 5/20/2012 2:22:08 PM
A little dose of perspective now and then is a good way to remember how lucky most of us are. I've got a body that works fairly well, somewhere to live, a job and a good family, and seeing various other situations puts anything I can complain about into perspective.

I try not to complain too much anyway though ;)
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Putting things into perspective....
Posted: 5/20/2012 2:59:05 PM
I find it very easy to put things into perpective, my own medical issues ( facial cosmetics for want of a better term) has no effect on my life other than in the romance field, and thats it, it does not have any detrimental effect on my everyday life, so its very easy for me to say.."there`s plenty out there far far worse off than me".. as a few examples , my two main nightmares ( the thought alone terrifies me ) is being blind, or being confined to a wheel chair, those people who ARE living with those issues, are people who have far more guts than i will ever have. :O)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Putting things into perspective....