Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Would a man seriously date a woman with three kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RICHNGLORY
Msg: 4
Would a man seriously date a woman with three kidsPage 1 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
U r a beautiful woman, physically as far as i can see, I've had that fear also. I have 5 kids ranging from 3 to 20 years old and I never thought a man in his right mind would date a woman with an already made family. Boy was I wrong!!!
Some men shy away from the sheer thought of an alreardy made family, then there are others who love the responsibility of it. I believe it all depends on the woman. If you r looking for a mate, cool, but if you r looking for someone who will take care of you and your babies, men flee sometimes. They dont realize that loving us means loving our kids as well. Its inevitable, once they go in but always give them the option to choose. I never introduce my family the 1st few dates.
I always let the person get to know me. Let them see my independence,goals and accomplishments, then I introduce the family. That way we have built a good rapport and some stability in our friendship. Besides if he's a jerk, I dont want my kids getting involved. Kids tend to take a smile as friendly and they quickly get attached. So overall its best for everyone. Men love families, we provide families for them. Most men embrace the responsibility of helping the woman they love raise and rear their children, especially if they plan on being around for a while. Good Luck!
 Mtknight
Msg: 5
Would a man seriously date a woman with three kids
Posted: 7/27/2005 3:09:16 PM
If she wants to date a man with 5 kids I'm game. seriously tho I realy wouldn't have a problem with dating a woman with three kids

Don
 jennifer j
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/28/2005 4:59:30 AM
who cares if they won't it's their loss
 erotic_play4u
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/28/2005 8:07:52 AM
"I LIKE KID'S BUT I CANNOT EAT A WHOLE ONE "

lol too funny.

I have 3 also, just got out of a 3 yr relationship and my question is would a man with NO kids of his own date a woman with 3???
 secondbestdad
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/28/2005 8:12:11 AM
You know, I would assume most guys would be scared off by baggage of a past relationship, not the kids. If you're just getting out of a "harsh relationship" after so long, then you need time to heal from all the hurt and pain and anger.
 Plaws
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2005 8:23:48 AM
oh yes,i have a good friend ,we met just after i came to canada in 81,he met a lady three years ago after moving to a new town,when he first met her he said she was amazzing ,they had so much fun,laughing and teasing each other,he had talked to me ,he has no kids and she has five,they are still together ,and we laugh when his g/f was at work the kids would call him and ask him to come over to help with their homwork,there is some good men out there and to my buddy i can only wish him the happiness he deserve,so yes three kids is three times the fun for by buddy its five.
 mycorosso
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/28/2005 2:21:46 PM
Sure...Someone is dating/living with my kids mom right now. I have three with her. She's 40. Don't worry just be confident. Afterall you do have kids and are/where capable of love. I love women with children it makes for a commonality. Very important one.
 LilDevil80
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2005 3:42:01 PM
When I was 22, i dated a girl who was 24 and had 3 kids, It didnt work out but we are still friends.
 CrystalLinda
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2005 4:05:40 PM
Kids are not baggage and you should not think of them that way. If a guy does not think of my kid as an asset rather than a liability, I kick him to the curb!
 HELLBENDER
Msg: 24
heres a mans point of view
Posted: 7/28/2005 9:01:20 PM
kids arent the problem its the mothers! you want us to be a father then you dont, we get attached to them then you break up with us, kids can be brats but heaven forbid we ever tell you that or try to correct it in an appropriate way even. and as far as the reverse women dont really seem to be interested in guys with kids they respect it but appearently its not a dating quality
 Wraith67
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/29/2005 1:09:32 AM
I married a lady that had 3 wonderful children. Children are not "baggage" . If anything, some women tend to use children as a way to get a guy. (such as my ex) ... I think women with children are a better catch than most single women as children show that there is a very good chance that you may be a responsible person. Aside from that, children are easier to talk to than some adults...lol...And have you ever listened to a young childs logic on things...priceless...If only the world was as easy to understand as it is seen through a child's eyes...
 comftn
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/29/2005 6:34:02 AM
I married a woman that all ready had 3 boys. I just think you need to find a guy that loves you. If he does he'll love your kids too.
 buttercup73
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/29/2005 8:12:14 AM
My side of view;I am a single parent of 4 (15-5years old)...All of my children plays travel ball!!! My thing is; your children are going to love you for life..A man, may just take you as a wife..Yes,there are some good men out there but in this world who would you trust with your child!!Just know when you aren't looking...He will be and it could be the soul-mate you've been looking for...Just remember until they are 18,they are yours and now, in the return they will be there, when you are old...CHILDREN ARE ALWAYS FIRST,THEN MAN..
 am70sguy
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2005 12:21:33 AM
You have to have the right man. My kids, their kids, will come before the adults. Once in a while some adult time is needed, but soon enough the kids (in most cases...) will be out and gone and it will be better to have not missed the time with them.
 fortysix
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/30/2005 12:36:59 AM
I was with a woman who had three kids. We were together for five years. I loved the kids. I loved her, too, but we had some problems getting along. Kids are a bonus.
 cat_girl833
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/30/2005 3:55:45 AM
I would like to know the same thing caz i am only 20 and have 3 wonderful babies myself and its is hard for some guys to come in when a woman has kids
 cat_girl833
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/30/2005 3:57:10 AM
i would love a man with kids it shows that they are not scard to get into something with mothers with kids
 paulald
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/30/2005 8:33:40 AM
I have 3 wonderful boys and have no problem finding guys to date. I am upfront about my boys right away in case they aren't interested in dating someone with kids.

To be honest, I was a divorced/single mom at about age 22 with 1 boy and had a harder time back then than I do now being (divorced again) 31 with 3 boys. Guys in their 20s may have some problems with it, but the older ones usually know it is likely women my age have kids. There are even some in their 20s who don't mind. I dated someone who was younger than me (in his 20s) who didn't mind me having 3 boys.

My outlook is that there is someone out there for EVERYONE. It doesn't matter what you look like, act like or what your situation is, there is someone out there. Just don't stop until you get what you are looking for too. Don't settle!
 Melissanicole
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/30/2005 11:05:07 AM
Sure, why not. A man who puts a limit on number of kids is ridiculous. I think it should depend on the circumstance.

If a woman had 6 kids by 6 fathers- I would be worried (if I were a man pursuing her)

However, if a woman had 6 kids, had married at 18 and divorced at 45 and was now dating-- I would see nothing wrong with that.
 amfg1979
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/30/2005 11:23:54 AM
if the woman has a sweet heart and is a all around positive person and great parent then it wouldnt even phase me how many kids she has. but if shes a bad parent there isnt a shot in hell id go near her. dont matter how hot a girl is, its on the inside that counts
 Nexus11
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Unbiased opinion
Posted: 7/30/2005 12:55:49 PM
I think there seems to be a theme developing here where people are making it seem like men who are willing to accept women with kids are somehow "better" people. Personally, I would not get involved with a woman who has kids. I don't think there is anything wrong with it either. I am just not ready for that kind of responsibility. Kids are expensive and I am a recent university graduate; therefore, I would prefer to wait until I have had the chance to establish a strong financial base before I start a family.

Although there are men who are ready and willing to accept a woman with kids, I believe most are not. Whether they would prefer a child-free life, feel that they aren't currently prepared for children, or are only interested in raising their own kids, it is a choice they are completely entitled to make. Everyone should be free to live their life for themselves without judgement.
 amfg1979
Msg: 37
Unbiased opinion
Posted: 7/30/2005 6:17:20 PM
single man or women in either respect would prefer to start their OWN family. just happens that not all relationships work out and things change. it dont bother me at all dating girls with kids just because i have a understanding of parenting and what is involved and the time needed to take care of a child. single men with no children however dont understand as with women just becuase they dont have children. they may think they do but u really trully dont till u are living it.
it isnt bad to wanna date someone without children. its just life that someone would rather start fresh then jump into something already made, its just a matter of who is accepting and understanding to it. no biggie
 richhgn
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/11/2005 4:53:21 PM
Don't feel terrified there are lots of guys who would definitely not view them as baggage. Most guys over the age of 30 understand that most women have kids in their age group. There are not many women who do not and the ratio of guys that are looking for women in their 30's who do not have kids is something like 4 guys for every 1 women without kids. The odds suggest that you have nothing to worry about.
 denisebrew
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/13/2005 8:19:58 AM
I am a single mom with three kids. I have been divorced for 6 years. I believe that you have to be happy with your situation and yourself before you can start to date. I have had some wonderful men that I have dated. But if you are not happy with yourself you cannot be happy with someone else. There are plenty of great men out there. You should not have a problem finding someone who will enjoy the company of you and your kids. So don't worry it will all work out in time and you will find the love of your life!!
 Chulisssima
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/13/2005 6:13:52 PM
I dont know.. but Im having the same situation.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Would a man seriously date a woman with three kids