Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Nappers      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mjinict
Msg: 1
view profile
History
NappersPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Was wondering how many over 45/50 are 'nappers'?, and how that affects compatibility. Seems a lot of mature folks are unable to sleep in on weekends and being up at the crack of dawn they tend to hit the recliner in the afternoon for some shut-eye. Maybe it's a guy thing. Myself, I like to sleep in a little to enjoy the whole day.
 nativerock
Msg: 2
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 7:56:02 AM
Well I am in my 60th year here. I am usually up and about by 4:30 am preparing some vegan meals for others.. I do not nap during the daytime and usually I am in bed by 9 or 9:30 if I am at home.. If I am out go to bed later but wake up the same time..

I do not like to sleep in that would set my day to finishing a lot later since I put in 12 hour days.

nativerock
 ohenryx
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 8:16:57 AM
I'm still working, so the alarm goes off at 6 weekdays. On the weekends, I sleep in until 8 or 9, and still occasionally take a nap in the afternoon. I only wish I could do that at work, but I don't think my boss would approve!
 Ready_Real
Msg: 4
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 8:18:15 AM
Great topic!

Major morning person here: try to get 5 miles' walking early in the day and am pretty much on the "retired go" until early evening. Nap about once every 3 years when some nasty flu knocks me flat, but in general, sit down for the night in time to catch the second half of the best ball (or puck:) game my cable channel will carry . And once i sit down, i'm down for the count LOL which might mean out like a light by 9 in time to miss all the best plays but can mean up until midnight depending upon what else has happened in my retiree's day:) An afternoon napper and i would be incompatible. Ditto a nightowl!
 DoubleParked
Msg: 5
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 9:11:49 AM
Like 'Drestins' friends who are retired, I have my own sense of time now, rather than having to live my life according to traditional 'working hours'. I try to stay on top of what 'day' it as, though sometimes the actual 'date' gets away from me. I wake up at dawn with the birds, which is quite pleasant. I've always enjoyed an occasional nap and sometimes drift off when reading. So I guess I fall into the 'napper category'. Life is good.
 laskoboo
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 10:09:23 AM
I nap sometimes and sometimes I don't... more a seasonal thing. Where I live it gets so hot in summer that yu have to get all your errands and running around outside done before 10-11am, then stay inside somewhere until the sun goes down. I tend to nap in the afternoons because of waking up so early to get errands done.
In summer often wake up at 5 or 6am............
nap in the heat of the day around 2 or 3, watch tv, do xbox... relax and enjoy the AC

In winter I sleep in until 8 or 9am !!!
don't need a nap in the winter because I can sleep in !
 Broomhilda_the_Nun
Msg: 7
Nappies
Posted: 5/23/2012 10:26:53 AM
oh thank the Lord, I thought this was going to be about adult diapers.

If I had my way, I'd both sleep in AND nap on the weekend, but that was not in the cards for me.
Our compromise is if I jump up at dawn with him, I get to nap later in the day.
S/O never naps but sometimes will be found "resting his eyes" during a TV ball game.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 8
Nappies
Posted: 5/23/2012 10:38:35 AM
oh thank the Lord, I thought this was going to be about adult diapers.

Haha...I did too.

I rarely nap. I find that if I do, I can't fall aseep that night. And the next day.. I'm dragging my exhausted carcass around waiting for bedtime.

BUT.....there are those special times (not often) when I let myself be carried away on gossamer wings.

...mae
 GodsChild750
Msg: 9
Nappies
Posted: 5/23/2012 11:25:13 AM
I'm not in that age range yet.. But, I look forward to my naps. I can't see how that would b ea problem.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 10
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 12:06:18 PM
I go to bed late (midnight or after) and like to get up around 8.
I don't nap in the afternoon.
Although, I've been reading a book and they state that a 15 min nap is an excellent refresher and will boost your get up and go.
So I tried a small nap the other day.
It worked.
 mrmisterme
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 12:16:20 PM

Was wondering how many over 45/50 are 'nappers'?, and how that affects compatibility. Seems a lot of mature folks are unable to sleep in on weekends and being up at the crack of dawn they tend to hit the recliner in the afternoon for some shut-eye. Maybe it's a guy thing. Myself, I like to sleep in a little to enjoy the whole day.

Sorry it took so long to answer this....I was taking a nap.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 1:21:46 PM
I've tried that whole, "I'm going to take a nap" thing ... doesn't happen ... but I do tend to get up out of bed too early considering I stay up until 2:00 a.m. or so ... couple of nights ago, I talked w/my granddaughter on the phone while she was doing homework until almost 4:00 a.m. !!!

so my psyche doesn't WANT to nap ... my psyche thinks it might MISS something fun!

but the rest of me DOES want a nap ... we "compromise" by sitting down to watch one of my favorite t.v. shows ... and sleeping thru it! I missed the 2-hour finale of "House" by sleeping thru it ...
 Miss W
Msg: 13
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 1:24:33 PM
I am up on work days at 6ish, out the door by 7, at work from 7:30-5 as I work a 9-80 schedule and am off every other Friday. When I'm not working, I sleep until I wake up, which varies depending on how much sleep I need. I rarely take naps, except on vacation or when I'm sick.
 abelian
Msg: 14
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 1:30:53 PM
I sleep maybe 5 hours/night and generally stay up all night once every week. I don't do naps, either. It's not a guy thing as far as I can tell.
 ottgatman
Msg: 15
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 2:32:54 PM

It's not a guy thing as far as I can tell.

Well, sacrosanct may be too strong a word but it had to be pretty darn important for my Dad to miss his afternoon nap almost from the day he retired.
 tbicon
Msg: 16
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 2:42:45 PM
Never Nap. Try to get eight hours sleep each night, but generally only manage 6.5 or so.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 17
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 3:39:47 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

*yawn*

Sorry.
I was napping.
I sometimes take 15 to 20 minute naps in the afternoon.
Just to recharge.
but if I'm up all nite discussing philosophy with a lady,
maybe a little longer.

It's all about pacing oneself.
:-P
 02hdf150
Msg: 18
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 3:47:33 PM
I love my naps when I get a chance to take them. I'm up early on the weekends doing chores, running errands. I like to take a nap for a couple of hours if possible that way when the evening comes and I have my singing gigs that go into the wee hours of the morning, I'm refreshed.
 edgedreality
Msg: 19
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 4:20:04 PM
Naps are my friend. I've yet to meet a nap I didn't like. And I'd have no problem with dating a woman who naps--for the possible benefits if we nap together. I'd prefer she napped to her being a grump b**ch later.
 tgrlily3
Msg: 20
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 4:32:52 PM
I've never been able to nap. I'm afraid nappers drive me a little batty, especially when they nap on the couch, everybody has to be quiet so they can sleep, it's tough to do housework, listen to music, etc. Plus all the nappers I have ever known, wake up crabby.
 Plenty_of_FreeTime
Msg: 21
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 4:56:16 PM
How about a" napper on the crapper",that's when you know you're old! :)
 Annommallie
Msg: 22
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 5:00:40 PM
I wish I could nap! I'm just no good at it. I can't sleep in cars or on planes either, and I rarely sleep in. I like watching the sunrise and enjoy the quiet of early mornings. I'll rest when I'm dead...
 mjinict
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 5:48:30 PM
Thanks for the good replies, everyone! There are times I'd like to take a nap but can rarely fall asleep. I guess it's better than falling asleep in the evening during tv-movie time when you're with your SO.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 24
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 6:02:06 PM

Although, I've been reading a book and they state that a 15 min nap is an excellent refresher and will boost your get up and go.

Yes...I also watched a documentary not to long ago on the positive effects a 15 minute nap can have on performance in the workplace. Surprisingly enough, many companies are encouraging employees to take a quick "power" nap during the day.

I tried to convince my boss of the benefits of this but unfortunately she wasn't buying it.

...mae
 Meeting_At_The_Crossroads
Msg: 25
Nappers
Posted: 5/23/2012 7:47:37 PM
I am a firm believer in a daily power nap. Twenty to twenty-five minutes only. I have been taking a power nap daily ever since my early twenties. I have no problem sleeping (bettime around 11pm and wakeup around 9am). While I can get by without the power nap, I find I have an easier time keeping going thru the evening. The key for me is that I sleep for only twenty to twenty-five minutes when I lie down in the afternoon. Anything longer leaves me "punch drunk" for quite a while. I seem to have the ablility to lie down and then wake up and get up about twenty minutes later; no alarm needed. Practice I guess.

What I find interesting is that many people try to nap but do not fall asleep. And then there are those who state that if they nap, they can not sleep at night. I feel sorry for these folks.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Nappers