Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > MEET ME @ WALMART!!! LMFAO ;0)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 1
MEET ME @ WALMART!!! LMFAO ;0)Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Ok, a recent thread got me thinking to some of the lamest requests I ever got online...one was a man who had a really good job @ a large NYC company...he had a 69 in his username & asked to meet at wallyworld...of course I said no...

another was a local who had an idea of where I lived, who wanted me to go outside & stand in front of my house, so he could drive down the street to decide if he liked me...duh!

I am sure other people of both genders have gotten some outlandish requests for a 1st meet...

are some of them do-able? would u meet someone @ Walmart? I won't even ask if you'd stand in front of your house while they do a drive-by...

And, BTW, over 10 years ago, I did meet a guy 4 a cup of coffee @ McD's LOL! but it was a 1st meet, not a date...
 laskoboo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
MEET ME @ WALMART!!! LMFAO ;0)
Posted: 5/24/2012 6:48:42 AM

would u meet someone @ Walmart?

chances are no, but there are always exceptions.
There are places just as easy to meet, little more conductive to a meet and greet.
But by gosh 97 percent of the guys coming out to meet and greet are going to not be attractive
or have any qualities they claim and just be old, grumpy, searching out of their leauge types,
built like humpty dumpty with the small side up...much older than their pics....
so
your really taking a chance on a meet and greet any way you go.
I found the best thing to learn in doing online dating is to meet sooner than later
and work on your skills to reject these people !

so, I would not rule out walmart but it would be at the front door to quickly meet just to see that person
for a few minutes. Not much else. A real meet and greet would have to follow, one where you could ask some questions as to assess if that person was legit.
Have not met anyone at wallyworld in my online dating adventures but I once did report a guy for stealing my parking space, nearly hitting my car !
They didn't do anything so I followed him in and threw several boxes of tampons and prunes in his cart.

I did like to meet at the mall... several reasons.
There is a coffee shop in all malls, in case he isn't a freak looking man-
to chat.
There are lots of people around, so it's safe ( parks are not safe)
It's climate controlled, places to sit and chat.
Keeps them from seeing what I drive ( I drive an expensive car)
Easy get away in case a freak shows up. You can walk and chat, get a feel for the person if he seems ok.
I met LOTS of guys at the mall.. over 60 percent.
I highly reccomend it.

I met my husband at a resturant, for a drink... but after we met, before we went in... he suggested a better resturant close by, so I followed him there. It was very nice.

I liked the mall the best for a meet and greet and met doctors, surgeons, uni professors all at the mall.
I liked starbucks ( when nice outside) for second meet and greet. I sometimes did 2 or 3 meet and greets.
 fillyphilly
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/24/2012 6:56:12 AM
OMG the drive by one was the funniest I've heard so far. You should have agreed then filled some water balloons to throw at his car.
My most recent meet was with a guy who had no pic which was my first and last time doing so. Enough said.
 laskoboo
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2012 6:57:11 AM
Someone did a drive by meet and greet ?

how funny !!!

lol

Think I would be offended if a man asked to meet me at walmart, he might think I'm one of those desperate sorts and a big faker like him.
lol
 SerendipityHappens
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/24/2012 7:05:47 AM
Sure I'd meet someone at Walmart if it was centrally located. Walmarts are typically easy to find and located off of main roads.
 laskoboo
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2012 7:18:39 AM
So what do you do if someone decent shows up?
I know the odds are against it... but what would you do? go to the produce section?
bath and beauty?
graden shop?

LOL
 fillyphilly
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/24/2012 7:20:26 AM
You could hijack one of those scooter things and go joy riding. That would be fun.
 ozarkguy
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2012 7:21:53 AM
So circling the block a few times would either mean he was interested or maybe nearsighted?
 laskoboo
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2012 7:25:59 AM

You could hijack one of those scooter things and go joy riding. That would be fun.

I had to use one of those when in chemo... those are for people who need them.
If he sugested that I would think he was a moron and uncaring of others.

Right then I would walk out, with mention of hijacking scooters. Those are there for people who need them, not playing around.

Wonder if a guy like that, who would hijack a handicap scooter would be someones ideal date? I mean what if he runs low on cash ?
Instead of looking for an ATM he might just hijack your purse.

ummm, no thanks
He would be the type to pick fights with little kids too, That would be a VERY immature man to suggest that.
I did not go online to meet an immature man.

Is he going to hijack someones car for a joy ride too?
Hey.. pay closer attention to who your meeting... if he craps on other people
he will crap on you too
 Blackout478
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/24/2012 7:56:23 AM
the drive by and meet almost made me spit my pop out thats funny. i can just imagine somebody doing that.
 NewYorkbiker
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/24/2012 8:01:01 AM
Cowboy,

So, did you marry her as of yet... She sounds like a keeper....

Great story...
 neck romancer
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2012 9:34:41 AM
I hear most Walmarts are gross... but the Walmart where I live is nicer than any Target I have been in. So would you be ok with a Walmart that was nicer than Target?

I would be ok with meeting anywhere that seemed safe and easy to find. Altho the Walmart is easy to find.. I assume finding your date in the Walmart would be hard.. therefore not a good choice IMO.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/24/2012 9:39:59 AM
Although I've never entertained a request, to stand outside my home for someone to preview, I have met many women at different venues during 1st meets. To me meeting is meeting & where it is matters little, as opposed to why it is. My take is if your reading so much into the where then maybe you need a break from dating.

Oh & FYI, I love the "Made in China" Walmart store by me. Lots of peeps around for safety sake & if we connect, Franks Pizza is 2 stores down.
 InMyOwnTime25
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/24/2012 9:43:24 AM
I'd meet someone at Wal-Mart if there was some place we could have coffee in there (McDonald's, Tim Hortons). I wouldn't just want to WANDER around Wal-Mart as a first date/meet.

I wouldn't let someone drive by my house and see if they liked me. :P
 VADERPRIME
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/24/2012 9:43:49 AM
The walmart here, has a mickey d's in it ;-)
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/24/2012 10:16:26 AM
Never happened to me, ........................
 DeerTaint
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/24/2012 10:32:39 AM
There's no Walmart in NYC and I have never been in one. I would like to go in one to people watch though. I think the closest one is somewhere in NJ.
 tuxqueot
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/24/2012 10:36:48 AM
Actually I made a joke with my current lady friend about a date at walmart. We both have mobility issues so I, kind of tongue in cheek, suggested we go to walmart for one of our dates and get a couple of those electric carts and race em around the store until wallyworld security throws us out ;)

She actually laughed at it and said it was a great idea.
 VADERPRIME
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/24/2012 10:36:54 AM
@#20.. Then you must visit the one in Hanover NJ.. some "the hills have eyes" customers there..lol
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/24/2012 11:13:53 AM

would u meet someone @ Walmart?

Yes. Especially at 3 a. m. at a 24 hour one. A trip through a WalMart can be quite the adventure.
 dearsavannah
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/24/2012 11:21:00 AM
Haha, oh gosh. That second one is just too funny. "Wait, can you move a little bit to the left? There is a bush in the way and I really want to see your feet."
 SONNI100
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/24/2012 11:23:33 AM
@msg 22...........hahahahahaha
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/24/2012 12:43:24 PM
Someone did a drive by meet and greet ?

how funny !!!

lol
noooooooooooooooo...a creep asked me years ago...

hey most wally's have a mc d's so if the guy is a prince he can spring for an iced tea....

i had a friend who met a guy at w-mart...i knew him, we had coffee at paneras...he said she made him get stuff off the shelf 4 her-she was grocery shopping...

i did the mall- yes very safe...and had at least one occasion to lose them...

oh one time a guy in here emailed me and asked to have sex in the parking lot of w-mart...LMFAO

My Walmart is in FISHKILL NY, LOL

I had to use a cart after I had surgery in Feb...you'd be surprised how rude some folks are, they seem to not get out of your way- it way easier for a walking person to move over than one of those dang carts that lose their charge...I almost hit into someone's derriere the 1st time I used it, was in pain & on meds...
Gives me a new appreciation for walking & more respect to those who have to use the cart...

Maybe they should have singles night @ Walmart???

We have been unfair to the place that gives u a crown & has a KING & let us not forget...the place where the cLown's head pops out- those r just as good as McD's, LOL
 SnowMoon2012
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/24/2012 1:31:50 PM
I had a gentleman ask me to meet him at K Mart parking lot ... I wrote back that I would prefer Lord and Taylor at the jewelry counter.. The lighting is so much more flattering there...
 fillyphilly
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/24/2012 2:08:32 PM
Actually the drive by is brilliant. I'm going to insist on doing my own next time. And personally I'd prefer the Costco food court. The 6 pound cup of frozen yogurt with the strawberry sauce stuff, right up my alley.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > MEET ME @ WALMART!!! LMFAO ;0)