Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has anyone ever....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Has anyone ever....Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I've been soar tempted many a time, but I never have. Partly because there's too much work involved with revenge, but mostly because I realized a long time ago, that the only learning anyone ever takes away, when someone "teaches them a lesson" is, that the teacher is a royal jerk.

I've directly witnessed the aftermath of such "taught lessons," and I can tell you for sure, every single "student," no matter how much I knew they needed to learn different, always came away from the situation all the more certain they were right to have abused the person they abused.
 RD2112
Msg: 3
Has anyone ever....
Posted: 5/27/2012 7:20:19 PM
A chinese couple was in the delivery room having their first baby. They were so excited and the birth went smoothly until the doctor handed them the baby and their faces soured they both looked at each other on dismay then the father showed the baby to the doctor. He said "doctor, what is happening here?"..." two Wongs don't make a white". lol

Some things are best left alone and put in the past with no effort to retaliate. There are some things tho that I would have to exact revenge for and do it in a classic made-for-movies way. Like make up a fake STD test result like ghonnaherpasyphillaids and have it sent to the one that slept with you( but did much worse) from some official health dept office and say that he/she was reported to have been intimate with the person whose test just came back positive and that they need to speak with them immediately.

Be crafty but be careful. Someone or all should be able to laugh at it in the end.
 aussieblues
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Has anyone ever....
Posted: 5/27/2012 11:22:48 PM
The best form of revenge is to be happy. Kill em with kindness..it baffles the wrong-doer!
 jmark4
Msg: 7
Has anyone ever....
Posted: 5/28/2012 1:52:40 AM
no; because I go very slow and take time to get to know someone and don't jump into bed without knowing about their life.

Cracks me up that people that get played don't hone up to it. To get even is ridiculous to me. I just would move on.

Love takes time. If you want to hop into bed quick, be prepared to get played.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Has anyone ever....
Posted: 5/28/2012 4:41:10 AM

I just yelled at this chick over the phone and made everyone hate her

EVERYBODY???? How in the world does one make everyone hate anybody? Sounds like petty gossip games to me. They invariably stain the gossiper at least as much as the one they talk about.

There's an old quote I heard attributed to President Truman, along the lines of "if you want to hold someone down in the gutter, you have to get down there with them and stay there yourself."
 Rokei57
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Has anyone ever....
Posted: 5/28/2012 6:53:22 AM
I believe the best revenge is to just ignore them, smile, act like nothing has happened and get on with your life.
 Puppydog54
Msg: 11
Has anyone ever....
Posted: 5/28/2012 7:57:16 AM
Many years ago when I was looking to buy my first car a buddy and I walked into a local dealership. I'd been working after school for quite a while and had a sizeable amount of cash on me. But none of the salesmen wanted to bother with a couple of teenagers. When one finally did approach me he was rude and uninterested. So we left... and went back that night after they closed and urinated in the gas tank of a brand new Porsche on the lot!!

Stupid? Absolutely! But it made us feel better about being snubbed.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 12
Has anyone ever....
Posted: 5/28/2012 10:09:40 AM
Anyone who did you wrong will be far more freaked out to see you smiling and being happy than anything you can come up with..
 Tristle
Msg: 13
Has anyone ever....
Posted: 5/28/2012 10:35:24 AM
I don't really have a revengefu side to me, but I had a roomy that I hated. He lived in my house and wouldn't leave. He was out of town one weekend and I pissed in his fish tank (I was hammered). I don't feel bad about it, but I now know that I am capable of such behavior. In a situation like that, I'll try to make the person as uncomfortable as I can, and that may have been part of the reason I urinated in his aquarium. but other than that, I just move on. So you got used, move on. Mostly just want those people out of my life.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 17
Has anyone ever....
Posted: 5/28/2012 2:09:16 PM
Karma will always come back and bite you in the ass.
Don't do it!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has anyone ever....