Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > I don't get it      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Greymm
Msg: 24
view profile
History
I don't get itPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Don't worry, the facebook shares have dropped so it is maybe now it's only half the place to be. :-)
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 26
view profile
History
I don't get it
Posted: 5/31/2012 8:00:36 AM
This would appear to be all quite off topic. For those whom smugly aspire to the illuminati, they simply share with the OP the mystique of "not getting it!"
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 30
view profile
History
I don't get it
Posted: 5/31/2012 9:05:18 AM
I joined FB a couple of years ago at the invitation of my daughter. It was convenient for her to post photo's or links to her hen night and wedding pictures and for guests to allow each other to view and download copies. I do get annoyed at some of the junk people post and spend half my time deleting it. I will sometimes put up the odd message if I am going out for an evening, or comment on something my daughter has posted. I have even been known to ask people's opinions on a film that I was planning to see.

However, I would be wary about someone I barely knew being able to leave messages on my FB for all and sundry to read.

FB is, at the end of the day, what you make it. Some people hate it, some people feel it necessary to post every detail of their day on it and others use it to keep in touch with groups of people that interest them or they have something in common with.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 40
view profile
History
I don't get it
Posted: 6/2/2012 11:52:08 PM
A pal recently said to me that the internet just allows people to be rude. Clearly this scenario shows that. As too does some of the replies. I use facebook and here. I dont see how facebook can be used as a dating site but maybe that is me. I think that if someone asked for my facebook profile I would say that i am on there but not ready to give it out just yet. If this lady just chooses to run at such a question then let it be, after all there are Plenty MORE fish in the sea. Good luck and try not to worry x
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > I don't get it