Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Quit looking online when in a relationship.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brezyybaby3
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Quit looking online when in a relationship.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
If I found someone on here and we agreed to be exclusive I would delete my profile after printing it out. I would want a copy of what I had written just in case it didn't work out and I joined again. It took me forever to come up with something to write. :)
Quit looking online when in a relationship.
Posted: 6/3/2012 9:57:32 PM
i've been with my SO for three years, we met here, we both post on the forums so we have profiles. mine is hidden; i'm pretty sure hers is too, but it doesn't matter either way. she's never given me reason to mistrust her.

so have you and this guy discussed hiding your pages? or are you just assuming it's what he should know to do, since it's what you want?
 jmark4
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/3/2012 10:06:23 PM
I have no idea why anyone would be online if they are dating someone. If you have online friends then make them friends on your chat or facebook. I agree; totally ridiculous. Too many temptations and with half of people dating also cheating, there is no excuse to be on a site.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/3/2012 10:24:06 PM
The easy answer... Nobody comes to these sites just because they want a new friend to email. The profile should be gone as soon as you two decide you're serious about each other.
 mrcutiee
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/3/2012 11:57:41 PM
Its kinda different for men, you have to understand that most men send millions of message before getting a reply, so that's one of the reason men don't wana go away from the hard work they have done. They may stay in contact with other women just in case you move on, "WHICH THEY DO MORE OFTEN" these days.
 coyotefeller
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/4/2012 1:06:56 AM
Finetta, by the looks of some of your
pics I can see why the guy would be
worried ! lol
Then again, without trust you have nothing !
========

-- relationships are so organic,
..... can sometimes consume the logistical
process of making sure your "status" here
reflects the reality of new love.

Does anybody really talk this way??
...especially in Tennessee, I mean ?? :)
 Dragracer428
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/4/2012 4:40:42 AM
I have hidden my profile because I enjoy these forums. Only messages I send or get are to people here on the forums. The lady I am dating knows that and has no problem with that. We have had some discussions of the topics I have read about on here.
 onehappyfellow
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 5:16:56 AM
Would love to delete my profile if I found a true love. Concentrate my love on her not spread it around like butter on hot toast
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/4/2012 5:39:42 AM
We're all big people here & know the degree of mistrust that comes from online dating. Let's not pretend to be naive of the do's & don'ts or feign ignorance of the why's & why not's. Easier to just talk about what is & isn't acceptable when exclusive before it is.
 therustytraveller
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 7:37:10 AM
I think that out of respect, she should at least hide her profile or change her relationship status. But if she is on here consistently throughout the week, even if it is just to read forums, she looks available to other viewers and is receiving constant contacts and emails from others looking. So then it does cause conflict because it creates a trust issue since there are constant temptations being presented. It seems to me as if she is leaving the door open...

And if she really isnt looking or responding to other users, then I think it is a little misleading to them too to make them feel like she is available when she really is in a relationship.
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/4/2012 8:28:17 AM
1. How long have you known each other?
2. Have you physically met?
3. Have you had the 'exclusive' talk?
This query cannot be answered unless you answer the above.
 daynadaze
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 8:57:33 AM
Because there are other things you can do here besides trying to get laid. In fact I've never joined or participated in an online dating site with the idea to get laid, but to each their own. If your mind runs to the idea that everyone is looking to cheat, then you can't trust anyone, anywhere, ever. I would figure out what kind of person a man is and if he's on dating sites to find sex, why would I want to date him? If I trust him enough to want to be with him, then I'm not going to think that he's a sneaky, cheating asshat, that would make me stupid for wanting to be with him, if I thought so little of him. If I didn't know him well enough to his character, then why would I be in a relationship with him? If a man/woman wants to cheat, they don't have to be online, you can't curb a cheater by nagging them to death.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 4:25:18 PM
I am here for the forums, nothing more now.

My profile completely reflects that I am taken and I have a few paragraphs that detail what I did and didn't like about dating and women's profiles here on POF...........
 akanova
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2012 11:54:10 AM
The second the woman i'm seeing confirms that we're dating my profile is shutting down or made as hidden. I would hope that she would do the same to be fair.

If she decided to keep the profile in view and active to chat to more men then that would leave me to think she's still looking and not really taking our dating seriously enough.
 colomtman
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2012 4:50:34 AM
i think that is one of the big problems on here ...my experiance...a lot of women are on here ...just use these sites..for entertainment...they already have someone..or are married... some of us are really looking for someone to date..one of the big problems with dating now is you do have an endless supply of "fish" not like the old days when where you lived and worked was your pond... most people i think ... can get caught up ...in the ...there is always something better out there....and the truth is there is...but at some point ..you get caught at an age when the choices are less.....i think if you like someone and are interested in a relationship..then you need to hide your profile at the very least... you can still get on the forum... but then why do you need to be on here if you have a significant other to talk to??? all of the women i have met on here have continued to meet and greet and spend hours on the sites... i find that to be a very loud message that they are not really interested...no matter what they say...
 joe_226
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2012 10:06:57 AM
Finetta,
I guess it just depends on the couple. I've never deleted my POF account, but haven't logged on it either out of respect for my significant other.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Quit looking online when in a relationship.