Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why do some men think women who like sex are bad girls?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 saveta
Msg: 1
Why do some men think women who like sex are bad girls?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I've been asked by some men, over the years, whether I'm actually a bad girl because I like sex. Though I've managed to re-educate them concerning this: that liking sex makes me neither good nor bad; I merely like sex, the reason for the supposition that liking sex for a woman isn't quite the "done thing" still interests me. Comments, anyone?
 MistressOfHearts
Msg: 2
Why do some men think women who like sex are bad girls?
Posted: 6/4/2012 10:59:24 AM
I completely agree.
The mere fact that I enjoy sex and I have a high sex drive doesn't make me a bad girl. It makes me a normal woman who enjoys intimacy and sensuality.
Like there is a certain stigma attached to women liking sex.
 want to travel
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 11:25:44 AM
the more educated, people are, the more open to sex they tend to be
being highly sexual, shows, a person, has a goog imagination, sence of adventure,and ...well is ok with his, or herself
sex is a very basiic part of the human condition,being open to it, is a very good and healthy, and good thing
as far as the stigma goes, well sadly, it is still alive and kicking, but not as terrible as it once was
 ComplekCity
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/4/2012 11:29:32 AM
Because those men are ignorant so why care what they think ?

the more educated, people are, the more open to sex they tend to be

I think the more INTELLIGENT people are is a better way to word it .
 HeartOn64
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/4/2012 11:35:10 AM
As if the men with that mentality have any place in my decision making process.
If those men still actually exist,I say your loss buddy.

I think a majority of healthy,mature,evolved men would much rather be with a woman who can easily express her sexuality and feels no shame in it,than men who claim to want "good girls" as wives just to wind up cheating with"bad girls" for sex!

Most often,they the one's with the issues!

Read up on the Madonna/Whore complex in men with NPD and you will understand just who these men are and why thier opinions don't even count!
 bigcalm
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:07:19 PM
Insecure men will get intimidated.
 Quadlog
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:14:34 PM
In my limited experience the nice girls are the more adventurous and open and I honestly have no time for the bad girl persona. That would get old real fast.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:28:07 PM

nice girls are the more adventurous and open and I honestly have no time for the bad girl persona.

The whole point is that there are no 'good or bad girls'....there are simply many 'shades of grey' women
all of whom have a right to be as sexual or unsexual as they want to be.Welcome to the 21st century.

"Good" and "Bad" has nothing to do with sex,nor do 'girls' have anything to do with sex.

Sex is for women who feel no shame in expressing thier sexuality.

Men can deal with it or wimp out and hide behind thier fears and generalizations.

And you can throw out the word "slut" to boot as a way of shaming woman into curbing thier sexuality!

UH OH.....an assertive "bad girl" is on the loose on POF!

Who's gonna man up and try and handle it?

My guy who loves me for being real and in your face. :)
 coyotefeller
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:30:03 PM
A bad woman is a good thing,
they are not easy to find! :)
 want to travel
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:30:42 PM
so true, so true
intelligent, is the perfect word
sadly its not JUST men that,think that way OP, women are the first to offer hate!
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:35:58 PM
I've been asked by some men, over the years, whether I'm actually a bad girl because I like sex.

Any man that would ask you that was just not into you. He was merely looking for an excuse to dump you after having sex with you. Convincing himself that you were a "bad girl" was just a way for him to assuage his own guilt over being a "bad guy".
 HeartOn64
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:38:54 PM
I don't think women are judged so much for acting sexual,or for liking sex in general,as for being emotionally cold or exploitive when it comes to sex.
I can be accused of judging men and women who seems a little too jaded,bitter or angry, to be using others for sex and sex alone.Or for being non-emotional or non-commital.But sex within a relationship that has meaning to both parties in this day and age of Disease,just makes more sense to me.

Within those parameters,I say GET IT LADIES!Shamelessly.
 DeerTaint
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:51:39 PM
Stop worrying so much what others think about you. If someone thinks you're a "bad girl" because you like sex, then who are the "bad girls" having sex with?
 galinvt42
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/4/2012 1:14:04 PM
Because men and women are taught that sex is for married people and when a guy finds a girl who actually LIKES it (or admits they do), they call them a bad girl (which I kinda like anyway) so.... there you go. lol

You've heard the old saying "good girls don't..." ???
 ufo202
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/4/2012 2:07:37 PM
because your outside of the pack! why girls couldnt be into sex as much as men??
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/4/2012 2:23:01 PM
Where are you meeting these men?
 2hotcougar
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/4/2012 3:23:45 PM
just because some women want to get laid is not a bad thing we have needs also the question do we needto call or text them next day if we dont is that bad manners
 MsMicki
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 3:26:11 PM
How do you go from

"Good" and "Bad" has nothing to do with sex,nor do 'girls' have anything to do with sex.
Sex is for women who feel no shame in expressing thier sexuality.
Men can deal with it or wimp out and hide behind thier fears and generalizations.
And you can throw out the word "slut" to boot as a way of shaming woman into curbing thier sexuality!

in one post and then 10 minutes later go to

I don't think women are judged so much for acting sexual,or for liking sex in general,as for being emotionally cold or exploitive when it comes to sex.
I can be accused of judging men and women who seems a little too jaded,bitter or angry, to be using others for sex and sex alone.Or for being non-emotional or non-commital.But sex within a relationship that has meaning to both parties in this day and age of Disease,just makes more sense to me.

Within those parameters,I say GET IT LADIES!Shamelessly.

So.......you do think there are "Bad Girls"......they would be the ones that have "no shame in expressing their sexuality" outside of YOUR defined parameters.

You seem to be jumping from one side of the fence to the other here.......

"Bad Girls" are labeled such by other women that wish they had the balls to act the same way........
and are labeled that way by men that can't see past the sexuality of the woman.

I have no room for either ^ in my life........
 LisaMarie42
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/4/2012 3:27:13 PM
those are usually the men who can't satisfy them either !
 Tigerfish_11
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/4/2012 3:36:38 PM
umm well there are a few of you i guess, some guys do like that, maybe there just too selfish...once they are done thats it..lol but i think its very exciting and fun, to have a girl who has a high sex drive, i do not think personally its bad,,,but bad ass good..if you can get it...go for it..i would love that...
 oogiewoogie
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 4:06:47 PM
I don't know why anyone would call a woman a "bad girl" for liking sex. The bad ones to me would be the ones that don't like sex or want sex. I couldn't live with someone who thought sex was repulsive and unnecessary, and they're out there. In the dating section, it's the man who's frowned upon or thought to be an A-hole for liking/wanting sex. Cum to think of it, that statement is even true from some of the responses I've read here in the forums. Men are A-holes, women are just the kind of bad person men like.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/4/2012 6:28:01 PM
saveta

I agree with you and the double standard still exists. I have had the same prejudice levelled at me as a woman who likes sex. Cant believe it in this day and age, but there it is. Sometimes it is because of religious programming, dont get me started on that. Men want a woman to be sexual and hot and then denigrate her for it. Really screwed up, some guys. A sane healthy male with a good feeling about himself and women in general wont suffer that.

It harks back to the old instinctive nature and the man wanting to know that any baby a woman has, is indeed his. So a woman who is overtly sexual can be a risk. However with contraception being more or less dependable that feeling should be obsolescent nowadays.

Builderman106
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/4/2012 6:44:29 PM
You hit the nail on the head...I would much rather be with a women who knows her body well and is not afraid to enjoy it..A little direction is also much appreciated also.
 HAWKEYE1940
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/4/2012 6:45:28 PM
THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN A TONGUE THOUGH THE GARDEN!!!!
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/4/2012 9:20:55 PM
I always thought that the women who did not like sex were the ones who were not worth bothering with - IMO they would be a BAD choice for a partner!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why do some men think women who like sex are bad girls?