Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Is the Fabric of Our Society Being Dismantled?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jo van
Msg: 12
Is the Fabric of Our Society Being Dismantled?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've yet to see a post, whatever the topic, when "Day trader" doesn't use the word "immigrant".
I haven't watched the link yet.
But the fabric of our society is constantly changing.
It changed with the formation of Trade Unions, and 'collective bargaining', to get a better deal for those who worked. It changed when women were given the vote, and when the NHS was conceived.

The fabric of our society is now being shaped by those with money, and power, to further their own vested interests.

The Government is far more likely to listen to Roman Abramovitch (sp?)(or any other Billionaire) despite him gaining his wealth by means of some very dubious deals, with the collapsing former communist regime, in the former USSR., than they are likely to listen to a well-educated, informed and dedicated, 'public servant' in this country.
They prefer the advice of a "hedge-fund manager", to that of a Surgeon.

This government is trying to dismantle the "welfare State", on purely ideological grounds. (If you can call the profit motive for a few individuals an "ideology".)

Personally, I would like to see "the fabric of our society, dismantled", starting with the aristocracy, the 1%, who own 70% of the land and assets. (For zero effort).
That would be a good start.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Is the Fabric of Our Society Being Dismantled?