Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Advice on getting responses from good looking women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Advice on getting responses from good looking womenPage 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
The most attractive women get messages from the widest spectrum of men. Assuming that the most attractive of these guys are getting responses and you're not, suggests that you're not in the same league as your competition. Try messaging a different pool of women. That's about all you can do.

Oh...and maybe not mention how video games take up a lot of your free time in your profile. Unless the woman is also into video games (and not many are), that's the kiss of death.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 6
Advice on getting responses from good looking women
Posted: 6/7/2012 8:56:49 PM
Put a Lambergini in the background of your main pic.
And type something like:
Financially secure man who likes to travel.
and that should do it,
Or were you expecting to meet these women as well?
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2012 9:19:27 PM
I looked at your profile and it was brief and informative. In addition, your have a variety of pictures, so the only problem that I spotted is this:

Your age range is on the lower end of the spectrum. You might want to consider increasing your age range, because from my experience women under the age of 25 tend to be drastically different than women over the age of 30 in terms of life outlook, careers, etc.
 thecatrascal
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/7/2012 9:22:48 PM
The fact is as much as you will hear women say that they don't care how much money a guy has, the fact is, the good looking ones do. They do care. A lot.

Get the money, get the women you want.
 Extollere
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/7/2012 9:28:00 PM
Eh, a lot of weight is placed on profiles, but to me it's not too huge a deal as long as a guy's able to hold a conversation.

To me, yours looks fine. As long as you're comfortable with it and feel your profile is a good reflection of your personality, leave it be.

That said, I'd give you tons of bonus points for the PVC, Primus shirt, and Genitorturers concert. But I'm weird like that and dig that kind of stuff. Sometimes it's the oddball things that attract a person, ya know? There's really nothing you can do other than put your best foot forward and make sure you're messaging women who'd appreciate what you do, what you like, and what you're into.

You aren't doing anything wrong. Finding someone compatible with mutual interest is far from an easy process.
 neck romancer
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2012 9:32:07 PM

The most attractive women get messages from the widest spectrum of men. Assuming that the most attractive of these guys are getting responses and you're not, suggests that you're not in the same league as your competition. Try messaging a different pool of women. That's about all you can do.

+1

and I agree that you need to raise your age limit.. rather odd that you will only date someone a year older.
Im 32 and am not even looking at women in their 20s.. but would make exceptions.
 Pinky127
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/7/2012 9:37:36 PM
Op,every single (and even NOT single!) guy here is trying to meet the hottest woman he can find.

So,you'll have to bring something extra speshul to the table to make her pick YOU.
So,watchagot? ?
 scifichicky
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/7/2012 9:55:35 PM
You are an average looking guy, try for the average looking girl and you will have more luck.
 Bazinga_42
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/7/2012 10:43:45 PM
I wouldn't put all your eggs into the POF basket. I have said this before, but on paper online dating would seem to be a more stream lined form of meeting similar people. Having a profile should cut out the awkward phase of trying to get to know a complete stranger because they have a profile. I don't know if people online are more picky, but it seems that a lot of people have a hard time trying to understand why they don't get a reply back (even when messaging someone that has very similar interests, beliefs, and goals) or why the ones that do reply back, just kind of fizzle.

Just keep being yourself and keep at it on here. Just remember that you can go out to a place of gathering and talk to people there. You might have better luck out there because you might just be more charming in person than you are with a few pictures and paragraphs. I know that is the case for me because I definitely get more/better responses in person than I do on POF.

Just never give up or settle, you deserve to be with your dream girl (or at least as close to it as possible)
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:08:53 AM
Dude! You're a musician! Use what you have to your best advantage!!

Now that I've calmed down, I'm guessing you are just not reading the signs. There are a lot of good books that can give you the basics, but, seriously, none of these are a blueprint for dating, just a set of guidelines.

Here are a few tips:
Only rely on online dating as a backup.
Talk to women when you are at your gigs.
Any phone numbers that you are offered, call them!
(There is no end to the amount of attractive women who would like poor, unemployed musicians which cause them problems)

Sadly, women who are musicians are drawn to me, but, for obvious reasons, it's not my bag. You, on the other hand, have no excuse so don't rely on this as a sole source.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:39:43 AM
"I would say you are very average looking at best. You are shooting for the very attractive women. Can you see the problem here yet?"

Ditto, it's not rocket science.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/8/2012 7:13:10 AM
Plastic surgery, a gym membership & finally a Body Builder of the year will help.
 spot4username
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/8/2012 7:24:48 AM
I would "next" y0u on your age requirements alone. A lot of women would. I see lots of men who are looking for women decades younger than themselves but won't date a woman their own age or within 2 to 3 years of themselves. It is delusional and sort of sad. There are numerous threads related to age restrictions. And before someone accuses me of gender bashing - it goes both ways.

I also find it amusing when people state that women get 50 - 100 messages a day. I have never known anyone that gets that many and I have had some very attractive friends on here. Whatever.

I will also ditto the comments about looks. I don't want to come across as mean but you did ask... I know my limitations. Just because I want the really good looking men doesn't mean they want me. You have to have a bit of common sense.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/8/2012 7:29:54 AM

It just blows my mind how difficult this seems to be as I'm not a bad looking guy, I live well, have some education, work, pay my own bills, and I've got a healthy dose of admirable traits I would think. Still a response ratio of 2% with 0% dates seems drastically dismal to me (unless that's somehow the norm?).

I feel your pain.
I'm not bad looking, I live well, I have lots of education, have worked forever, pay my own bills, I've got lots
of admirable traits as well and I can't get those wicked good looking, older guys to message me either. I'm beginning
to think I'm just average looking and maybe average looking guys are the best I can do.

I think it just happens in here.
In real life, men trip over themselves to even have a conversation with me.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/8/2012 7:44:56 AM

I also find it amusing when people state that women get 50 - 100 messages a day. I have never known anyone that gets that many and I have had some very attractive friends on here. Whatever.

I have to say, I do know of some women on here that do. I can't name names because it is against the rules. I'm not saying all the messages are even note worthy, but they do get them.

Check out the, "Guys spamming mail" threads..
 fall-blossom
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/8/2012 8:06:21 AM

The top 5 to 10 percent of hotties get 50+ messages a day. Most women even the fairly cute ones dont get near that. Many just average women on here get only a couple a day.

I was going to ask how hot women (and men) handle full inboxes and so much attention every day. But, you somewhat answered my curiosity with your second post stating they get up to two messages per day from men who are attractive to them despite going through hordes who are unattractive. That is fourteen attractive men per week! How does a woman handle that? How would she 'narrow' them all down to a couple that are suitable for a meet? Is there a thread on this? I have been so curious...!
 spot4username
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/8/2012 8:21:44 AM

I have to say, I do know of some women on here that do. I can't name names because it is against the rules. I'm not saying all the messages are even note worthy, but they do get them.

Check out the, "Guys spamming mail" threads..

I have dated two that did. Both late 30's with bikini capable bodies and with bikini pics. They actually got 50 to 70 a day during the week literally every day. More on weekends. It happens but its far more rare then most guys imagine. The sad thing really was that neither one got more then a couple a day they would reply to. They actually prayed every day for more messages from attractive guys that actually sounded fun and intelligent

I have read the spamming threads. They are accurate. I have gotten 3 messages today saying they think I have a great profile and would like to talk/meet. *head tilt*

I would imagine that in a larger demographic the top percent of women do get lots of messages but as Cowboy stated I believe it is far rarer than people believe. I don't think there are loads of women getting that many messages. In my small area even the very attractive people don't get that many. I had a drop dead gorgeous gf on here and she got that many in a week not a day... maybe. And yes - they were mostly bs. I understand the praying to get the messages from the men who were attractive, fun and intelligent. Even us normal looking women pray for those (or did when we weren't forums only). I'm sure it works that way for men as well.
 neck romancer
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2012 9:26:35 AM
cowboy has been nailing it in this thread!
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2012 9:34:48 AM

I'm not bad looking, I live well, I have lots of education, have worked forever, pay my own bills, I've got lots
of admirable traits as well and I can't get those wicked good looking, older guys to message me either. I'm beginning
to think I'm just average looking and maybe average looking guys are the best I can do.

I think it just happens in here.
In real life, men trip over themselves to even have a conversation with me.

Like the OP, you're not thinking about your *online* competition. You have less competition in real life than online.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/8/2012 10:34:15 AM

Like the OP, you're not thinking about your *online* competition. You have less competition in real life than online.

I was just kidding with my post.
I actually think I'm quite good looking.

Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/8/2012 2:49:03 PM
Perhaps you should remove the caveat on your profile that you seek an "attractive" woman.

1. How do you qualify "attractive? Looks? Personality? Slim/skinny?

2. The very physically attractive women are seeking the very attractive men. You might be not "bad looking," but neither are you gorgeous.

3. Women with a bit low self esteem might pass you by because they fear they will be rejected because of their looks.

4. Women want to be judged by aspects other than their looks--and yes, you do say you seek a "balanced" woman, but that is easily overlooked.

Even at my ancient age, I do not respond favorably to men who say they seek "attractive, sexy, pretty, etc." women, especially if I find the man less than attractive.

I was just kidding with my post.
I actually think I'm quite good looking.

You are, and so am I. (Grin.)
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2012 3:23:56 PM
So how many messages do you take time to personalize?

Hot women and ESP 24 year olds are out beating men off with Louisville sluggers.
Get out of the house.
If you send that many messages you really need to.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2012 5:39:37 PM
Hot women and ESP 24 year olds are out beating men off with Louisville sluggers.

i need to get out more.
 Luckyshamrocks
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:16:43 PM
So what exactly are you looking for besides eye candy? Anything deeper than that? I hate to break it to you but even the most beautiful women in the world will lose their looks to some degree over time..what then?
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/8/2012 7:27:55 PM
Young attractive women have the following men lining up:
- Men much more attractive than you
- Men with more than an Associates Degree by your age
- Men without highly visible tattoos
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Advice on getting responses from good looking women