Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > First date... Dinner.. and.. naptime?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Angel_IceWings
Msg: 1
First date... Dinner.. and.. naptime?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
i was suggested to post this elsewhere.. than my original location...

Ok now first, my disclaimer. I am not a boring person. This has never in my entire life, happened to me.

I agree to meet the guy at a restaurant. He arrives in his work clothes, pit stained, dirty, greasy and smelly. We sit down for dinner, and he starts fondling all the free chips with his disgustingly dirty fingers. Double-dips into the salsa. Conversation attempts are made by me, and am met with a gradual decline in response.

Food arrives, and he promptly knocks over both our drinks in an attempt to shovel all remaining salsa onto his food like a greedy malnourished pig just introduced to slop. He gets halfway through his meal before he belches loudly, shoves the plate aside, and leans back. He farts, then closes his eyes and goes to sleep.

SERIOUSLY??
I tried to wake him up but he slapped my hand away and mumbled to let him sleep, so I left.

What the hell man.
To bring my topic into it...
Do you or do you not clean up before a date....
Do you or do you not have a bare minimum of table manners....
Do you or do you not at the very least wash your hands?

If you're so tired you cannot complete a meal.. DO NOT GO OUT ON A DATE.. call and reschedule.
 jdawg4876
Msg: 2
First date... Dinner.. and.. naptime?
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:25:51 PM
this cant be a real story
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:39:16 PM
OP

Personally I enjoyed your thread. I took your post to be just an another amusing annecdote about I'net dating. I would like to hear more funny stories from other posters.
 TooShadows
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:46:12 PM
You waited much too long to leave. In the past I'd had first meets after my work as a heavy equipment operator,but at least I brought extra clothes to change into and some water so i could have a quick scrub. Plus the lady knew I was coming after my job.
 runningout
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:49:15 PM
So a better question is why did you stay?

I cant very well say this would never happen to me, but I do know that if someone showed up unclean from work and didnt at least go to the bathroom to wash their hands before sitting at the table, I would have left. Why you stayed and put up with the rest is beyond me. You could have gotten up, pulled the waitress aside and asked for yours to go while waiting at the cash register. For future dates, learn to stand up for yourself.
 Angel_IceWings
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:53:24 PM
LOL true story.... and because i left him at the table, he has blocked me on PoF and his cell carrier. I tried to apologize for leaving ( because im actually a nice person) i was unable to express my displeasure at the entire disaster of a date.
 flaneur001
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:59:12 PM
I'm curious, did he look in person like his profile picture? Did you talk to him on the phone before you met?

When he came in and he was filthy, what prevented you from excusing yourself?
 OutMind
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/8/2012 2:06:28 PM

LOL true story.... and because i left him at the table, he has blocked me on PoF and his cell carrier. I tried to apologize for leaving ( because im actually a nice person) i was unable to express my displeasure at the entire disaster of a date.

And you want to apologize? Girl? Have some self respect.
 runningout
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2012 2:35:02 PM
I did until the update Thread. She started off all hard core upset and on a mission and then follows up with "I was going to apologize because I am a nice person". I can think of all kinds of adjectives to pop in front of the word person and nice isnt one of them.
 Luckyshamrocks
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/8/2012 3:15:07 PM
I think I would have been looking around for the hidden cameras...you've been Punk'd! lol
 Extollere
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/8/2012 3:56:17 PM
As gross as the whole story is, I find myself wondering how you weren't aware of his severe lack of conversational skills ahead of time.

Not only that, but the guy doesn't sound as if he was into the whole date idea at all. Zero enthusiasm. You didn't detect any of that earlier?
 nj70
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2012 4:37:02 PM
LOL and I can't even get a first date much less one with nap time...
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/8/2012 4:39:13 PM
This story made me hungry.........and sleepy.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/8/2012 5:58:36 PM
This is an unbelievable story. Again why not go for a coffee dutch and half an hour for a first meet? Did you webcam or talk on the phone first? How hold was he? 60?? Why did you not just get up and go at the first sight of him? I have heard everything now. LMAO
 Walts
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:03:45 PM
No mention of beer,whiskey or even doobs!!!!!?????? At least I have a puff or sip before I nod off. Everything else he did seems to normal to me.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:21:33 PM
I hope you snuck out while he was snoring
and left him with the check.

And as every cloud has a silver lining...
this is yours:
I am pretty sure you will NEVER have a date that bad again.
so from here on out....they all get better.
 FlawlessTrans420
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:43:57 PM
All I can say is LOL ♥ xDD

Made my day! (sorta) haha
 ohenryx
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2012 10:02:41 PM

BrookfieldGentlemanTom

nobody's that nice. or that stupid.

i say fraud.

+1
 clairedlawyer
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/9/2012 7:16:27 AM
My suggestion ???? make a few conversations before you decide to go on a date ....By then , you will be able to tell him what you like from a date and he can check if he can live up with that....I wont date a man like that either......
 clairedlawyer
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/9/2012 7:18:02 AM
Behave and you will get one....Date here at POF is not mandatory. You only ask and accept a date if you feel like it.....Keep on fishing eventually you will get one...patience is required tho!
 amalefriend
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/9/2012 8:29:36 AM
You seem to be pretty picky after the fact for someone who could not figure at least some of these things out before you met him or at least leave before it kept getting worse. Learn this line, "Why waste another second on someone who is so blatantly inappropriate?" Not sure why you don't do 15-30 min meet & greets rather than a meal with someone you barely know. That is why I don't have stories like this. Speak to him and not to us about it. But calling to apologize???WTF
 AddHomonym
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/9/2012 10:33:34 AM
I have to get on the unbelievers side for this one. This whole story seems far too ridiculous to be real.

If it did happen and events unfolded in any way like they have been described then this guy must have been hired by an ex of hers or something. There is nothing in her version to indicate that this man had any intention of dating her or anyone else. The only part she left out was him becoming totally drunk and puking on himself.

It's just completely inane. If the OP had at least paid for the dinner, we could assume this was a homeless guy looking for a free meal or something.

Given the insanely high standards most women insist upon prior to even responding to a message, let alone meeting someone outside of their house, I simply cannot believe this story is real.

Again, if it is real, this guy came reluctantly and then did everything within his power to drive you away, short of spitting in your face. For whatever reason, this guy clearly was not interested in dating you...or anyone else it would seem.

And you tried to call him to apologize? Come on.
 neck romancer
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2012 10:54:04 AM
that sounds awful! no need to apologize for leaving.
I hope you stole his wallet! ;)
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/9/2012 3:29:36 PM
I had a date with this guy, I met in the RW. He picked me up on his motorcycle & I thought he was taking me out to dinner when we went into this Mexican resturant. Instead, he led me over to a table where his brother & his friend were having dinner. We sat down at their table, he never asked me if I wanted anything to eat. I was starving, but I felt uncomfortable ordering, since he never even asked if I would like an appetizer. The brothers friend ate about half of his food, then offered my date his leftovers. The date grabbed the plate & ate off of the same fork & everything. He dove right in & ate like a famished pig!
Then he drank the salsa out of the dish & turned it upside down on the now empty plate. It was disgusting. I said, how could you share the same fork that he ate off of? And the food, he didn't even separate where the guy had been eating, sharing saliva like that, yuck! Then he started talking with his mouth full & I could see the partially chewed up food in his mouth. I was reminded of this when you mentioned the salsa. Do you think we went out with the same guy?
Jaysus! I totally believe your story is real!
 AddHomonym
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/9/2012 3:41:46 PM
^^^Guess how much pity decent guys who can't even get past your filters have for you?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > First date... Dinner.. and.. naptime?