Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > confusion re, smoking vs non smoking....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 1
view profile
History
confusion re, smoking vs non smoking....Page 1 of 1    
Just a random thought floating about in my head, and we hav`nt had many new threads for a while anyway :O)

Ok, so there i am in my pic, cigar clearly in gob....

so how come, when i click on someones profile, who`s looked at mine first, i find their non smokers ? whats that all about ?

1, could it be my frontera parked behind me ?... hmmm doubt it !

2,could it be the magnum PI shirt !!...nah, doubt that too !

3, ahh, their thinking..oooh look at that lovely blackpool sky !!.....nope, doubt that too !
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 2
view profile
History
confusion re, smoking vs non smoking....
Posted: 6/10/2012 4:25:00 PM
hahaa thats another good point shoana, almost all the ones who have clicked on "want to meet you" are non smokers, which is how i know its a load of shite :O)
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2012 5:58:00 AM
Occasional smokers are those who only smoke on a night out or when they are having a drink rather than every day. There are a lot of people like that.
 jaqi
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2012 6:17:56 AM
Some non smokers are quite happy dating a smoker. My daughter for one, went out for her bf for about 3 years and it didn't bother her. I, on the other hand, wouldn't date a smoker as I can't stand the smell on their breath, clothes, skin etc. I hate it to the point that I have been known on many occasions to ask some talking to me, to move back a little as the smell is really offensive! They always oblige and usually apologise for getting so close after just having had a cigarette.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2012 6:25:18 AM
I have never had a long term relationship with a smoker and I have always smoked between 15 and 20 a day. Sometimes people don't pay attention to the 'details' part of the profile - so now I actualy state it very clearly.

I can understand that it really bothers some non-smokers. I guess that's why there is an option to stop them from making contact. When I visit non-smokers houses, I respect their choice and go outside to smoke. Funny though, when they come to visit me, they never offer to go outside while I have a cigarette.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2012 12:06:43 AM
vive la smokers !!! ( cough cough splutter !! ) :O)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > confusion re, smoking vs non smoking....