Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Float trips this year      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alpinebryon
Msg: 1
Float trips this yearPage 1 of 1    
Hey all I am going paddling this weekend on the North Fork river any one wants to join me cool.I'll be staying at Sunburst Ranch site 5.Its cool that no one can come.Since this isn,t a official POF event.But any one love paddling as much as I do its the time of the year to get out on one of our cool clean clear river we have here in Missouri.So if your interested give me a shout out at my profile here.I'll mail you the web address and phone #
 alpinebryon
Msg: 2
Float trips this year
Posted: 6/13/2012 12:41:28 PM
For all those interested.The North Fork,The Current and the 11 Point Rivers all 3 has plenty of water for flaot trips this year so far
 Thebeaus
Msg: 3
Float trips this year
Posted: 6/21/2012 10:18:07 AM
Please let me know the next float you do
 alpinebryon
Msg: 4
Float trips this year
Posted: 6/22/2012 1:42:31 PM
Hey Thebeaus I'll be going on more later in July But the second week of September I will be hosting A POF Float trip But It will not be on the Meramec River It will be on the North Fork of the White River.It is a better river than the Meramec it don't have the crouds and all the loud drunk beer bonger boaters like the Meramec has.Plus the North Fork is all spring fead and it is a clean clear cool not the ugly green collor the Meramec is.Plus I would keep a eye out on the treads there are other people that host float trips too
 RT_2
Msg: 5
Float trips this year
Posted: 6/22/2012 6:46:34 PM
Good to make a thread about float trips, but not necessary to badmouth rivers other than your rivers of choice. The Meramec is uncrowded after Labor Day. I was there Wednesday for a couple hours and didn't see a single boat. Fertile green streams have good fishing. Anyway, have a good time on your North Fork trip!

Never saw an aftermath post about last year's floating / camping event at Arapaho. Did it not go well enough for a repeat this year?
 terry40
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Float trips this year
Posted: 6/25/2012 1:44:13 PM
Yea let me know if anyones doing a float trip this year on the Meramac, was a bad year in '11, need to get out of the house.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 7
Float trips this year
Posted: 6/26/2012 1:42:36 PM
Maybe Rhondalyn with host Her annuall pig roast and float trip on the Meramec .Hey Terry why don't you host another one like you have before.
 terry40
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Float trips this year
Posted: 6/29/2012 7:07:16 AM
I'd like to but that was way too much work for only 8 ppl to show up and then the drama afterward. I'll keep an eye out for rhonda's pig roast.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 9
Float trips this year
Posted: 7/1/2012 3:44:29 AM
Well I hope that some one will host a float trip this summer beside's my self.But if we don't get more rain I don't think any one will be host a float trip this year on the Meremec.Becuase when I went down to the 11 point last weekend.The Meramec was so low at the Hy19 bridge at Steelville the lowest I have even seen it before.I don't even know if it's even floatable above Steelville.
 terry40
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Float trips this year
Posted: 7/3/2012 3:50:44 PM
I've seen a few post on a kayak club that the meramac is way down but if stay in main channels you won't drag TOO much
 RT_2
Msg: 11
Float trips this year
Posted: 7/23/2012 6:22:46 PM
Meramec at Steelville is low but still floatable, about 150 cfs.

On a recent float through Hwy 19 Steelville we slid over shallow parts but didn't have to exit the boat.

Visited Meramec at Sand Ford (just below Meramec Caverns) and it was still deep enough for an oversized inboard motor monstrosity to speed up the river.

Meramec closer to St. Louis is extremely low, under 400 cfs at Eureka, probably because of fewer springs downstream. Floating should be peaceful because some boat ramps are unusable for trailers and some rapids would be difficult for motorboats to get through.
 terry40
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Float trips this year
Posted: 7/31/2012 10:43:11 AM
guess no ones setting up that float, but figures just like my whole summer, sitting around the house doing nothing.
too bad the women on here are so stuck up
 alpinebryon
Msg: 13
Float trips this year
Posted: 7/31/2012 2:12:42 PM
hey Terry I don't think no one is going to set up a float trip on the Meramec.Maybe people may think its to low for rafts it might be.Its very low at steelville I have never seen it that low before.I might be setting up a float trip in late September or early October I think a fall float might be interesting for us city slickers LOL.But if I do it will be down on the North Fork River since its a spring feed river its all ways floatable no matter how dry it gets.And if I do we will be staying at the Sunburst Ranch by Dorr its a nicer camp ground than the last 5 I hosted on the North Fork
 terry40
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Float trips this year
Posted: 8/9/2012 6:54:47 AM
If i'm still on here, what a freakin joke, If you arn't tall dark and handsome and have a harley no one answers emails. Yet they **** cause these guys cheat on them, well DUH. This is the last year i'll be free, starting my business full time in Jan and will take all my free time. I'll be selling my kayaks in the spring since I no one wants to hit the water. I've floated twice this year.
oh well I'll keep my eye out, but usually when i get past august i'm hitting all the yard sales and flea markets to build up stock for the winter and probably won't be free.
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Float trips this year