Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > new fines for drivers coming your way      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 badge73
Msg: 1
view profile
History
new fines for drivers coming your wayPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
the government are now consulting to bring in new fine levy for various offenses as well as looking for ideas for new offenses

https://consultation.dft.gov.uk/dft/2012-25/consult_view

i for one would like to see those on the phone either texting or talking be given the same category as drink driving as its been proven to be more dangerous, as well as dibble cracking down on those who stay in the middle lane of the motorway.

only last week whilst traveling from liverpool to back home at 6 am on a sunday morning i had encountered those who sat in the middle lane forcing myself to go around them, the way the law is at the moment more likely to get nicked for undertaking which surely isnt right.
 Strider886
Msg: 2
view profile
History
new fines for drivers coming your way
Posted: 6/14/2012 11:25:36 AM
Undertaking is not illegal, at no point does the Road Traffic Act, state such..... However it could be classed as careless driving if you weaving from lane to lane overtaking on the inside.
If I come up to a "middle lane moron" and im in lane 1, I could just cruise past in lane 1 with no problem at all. Hell it happens all the time when the motorway starts to slow down and get congested.

And OP brings it up because MLM's should be sent taken out and shot...... Preferably in front of their families, work colleagues and neighbours.
 monty336
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:41:20 PM
i drive manchester portsmouth weekly and i do see a few accidents, most annoying middle lane driver is the one doing 55mph, another gripe is the lorries who overtake doing about 1 mph faster taking sometimes 3 mins to get past, also last post in the usa young drivers who played loud music in their cars courts had them locked in a room listening to perry como n dean martin for a few hours this cured the problem
 ZXTTTT
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2012 3:34:23 AM
Motor way lanes used to be called Slow lane, Fast lane and Overtaking lane. If you come across Mr Plod when he is in a bad mood, he can "do" you for driving too slow, you should keep up with the flow of traffic. That one can also ease, or get you off a speeding charge.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2012 12:30:25 PM
my discovery ( discy the disco ) is the best of both worlds, car and tractor combined hahaha :O)
 Richard_of_York
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2012 2:35:32 PM
The rules against using mobiles while driving should be much more heavily policed. That's a main cause of inattention and inattention is very dangerous when driving. Using a phone has been shown to be as bad for judgement as being at the drink-drive limit so it should be treated accordingly.

Blocking an outside lane when there is no traffic inside you should also be an offence. That's middle lane hogging to you and me, but also people who trundle along in the 3rd lane at 75.

@riverender (18): in my last trip up north it was only Audi drivers that were going really fast, apart from one Vauxhall Zafira driver. BMWs seem to be a bit more restrained these days. Though they are all breaking the 70mph limit like 90% of car traffic on a free flowing motorway.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2012 7:38:57 PM
"msg29

" yep, while we're at it we HAVE to ban kids from cars, they are are big distraction while driving.
Oh and bees, one flew through my window the other day....hazards on....side of the road.....flapping about.....I got out and the bee stayed in.....the flipping cheek! "

Wimp :O)
 ZXTTTT
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2012 2:22:56 AM
I would like everybody to be banned, exept me. That would solve everything.
 Richard_of_York
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2012 4:33:46 AM
Its not the using of the phone thats the problem it the holding of it while you are using it

That was believed to be the case but studies have shown that hands-free are just as distracting. If you want to go reference-hunting then the Wikipedia article is a good kick-off point.

Edit because apparently you can't put links in posts here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phones_and_driving_safety#Handsfree_device
 safaa30
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 9:44:06 AM
All those but other road users should also use the road safely. I cringe everytime I see people, especially children, on their bikes without helmets especially on roads with speed limits of >30mps. Just as drivers should have their safety belts on, it should be made illegal to cycle on the road without a helmet. And those mothers/carers who stand safely on the pavement at the crossing but with the kid in the pushchair half across the road should be shot!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > new fines for drivers coming your way