Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > We need to slow it down      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kawehealani
Msg: 1
We need to slow it downPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
What does it mean when I guy you've been hanging out with for a couple weeks tell you "we need to slow things down" "he needs his space" after you both agreed you weren't looking for anything serious? You folks slept together twice he old you was amazing and never wanted to leave you after he fell asleep. That clearly seemed to be falling for you after the first time you slept together?
 Kawehealani
Msg: 2
We need to slow it down
Posted: 6/18/2012 7:05:35 AM
Thanks it's kind hard to do because I didn't think I had feelin for him until after.
 Kawehealani
Msg: 3
We need to slow it down
Posted: 6/18/2012 7:20:43 AM
Well we always talked about everything he knew a lot about eachother got to know what eachother was about. He is really not the kind of guy that would just fake it but if that was the case I'm pretty good on picking up on that. I'm not sure if I really attached myself to him but I guess that's what it seems like. I'll let him go. If he contacts me then fine if not on to something better doing me and my son and nothing else.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 4
view profile
History
We need to slow it down
Posted: 6/18/2012 7:23:12 AM
Your profile states hang out, and I assume that is the arrangement this gentlemen wants to continue to have. So, if you are trying to escalate this into an exclusive relationship that may be what prompted him to say this.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 5
view profile
History
We need to slow it down
Posted: 6/18/2012 7:27:18 AM
The lead title of the profile has "Commitment." and then I look and it says hang out for type of relationship seeking. Commitment to a hang out/fwb? Most guys are on board with that type of a deal haha.
 badboy_transformed
Msg: 6
We need to slow it down
Posted: 6/18/2012 7:40:56 AM

"we need to slow things down" "he needs his space"

This is a guys way of saying...
"I still want to bang you, hang out once in awhile, but I dont want to commit to you at all"
 originalNw
Msg: 7
view profile
History
We need to slow it down
Posted: 6/18/2012 7:44:43 AM
It appears that "HE's unsure " about his actions and words. " And slow Down " = maybe he's really thinking about it!

You should regroup yourself as well..think clearly ! He'll be back..if he figured it out himself !
 windchymes
Msg: 8
view profile
History
We need to slow it down
Posted: 6/18/2012 8:28:00 AM
You really shouldn't put so much stock in what people say during their post-orgasmic endophin-rushing afterglow. When that wears off, they tend to start feeling suffocated.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 9
We need to slow it down
Posted: 6/18/2012 8:31:01 AM
He clearly seemed to be getting out of Dodge...

NEXT!

Sweetie, it isn't you, it is him, he is not relationship material.
 Kawehealani
Msg: 10
We need to slow it down
Posted: 6/18/2012 9:38:25 AM
Thanks! He did give a reason and I can completely understand we both have a lot on our plate with our personal life.
 Kawehealani
Msg: 11
We need to slow it down
Posted: 6/18/2012 9:41:33 AM
Thanks!!! He's had hard break ups and the past 5 years has been rough for him. Beyond belief so I can understand. Plus his crazy ex started talk rumors to my cousins and I asked him about it. He wanted to talk but missed his txt when he was done with his practice.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 12
We need to slow it down
Posted: 6/18/2012 6:15:19 PM
It means he is done with you and just does not want to say so. At least that's my experience.
 daynadaze
Msg: 13
view profile
History
We need to slow it down
Posted: 6/18/2012 7:35:41 PM
It means he isn't as interested as you are, that the sex really wasn't that great, or that he just likes to move on after a couple of times in bed. He wants you to back off, and maybe he might show up again or maybe not.
 joe_226
Msg: 14
view profile
History
We need to slow it down
Posted: 6/18/2012 9:20:30 PM
OP,
I agree with those that say...you should just move on & make your "expectations" more clear.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > We need to slow it down