Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Speaking of celibacy, how soon would you want to know . . .      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 3
Speaking of celibacy, how soon would you want to know . . .Page 1 of 1    
So what's a guys perspective on this [not the choice to wait itself, let's be clear] - when to share that information?

ASAP for less time-wastin on both sides, paste a postit note on yer forehead so that most every guy winkin' at ya can clearly see it and head the other way..

As another said, there are specialty sites where that may be considered more of a virtue than here.

bucsgirl
Msg: 4
Speaking of celibacy, how soon would you want to know . . .
Posted: 6/19/2012 1:01:51 PM
I wouldn't ever put it in a public profile, but I'd mention it very soon in the first few contacts with someone. Putting it on a publicly viewed profile would just be fly paper for the nutjobs........
 passionandlove
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2012 1:06:31 PM
I think she should put it in her profile. But, I think she should put it at the bottom of her profile after she's mentioned everything else that she wants to mention. That way, if he's already interested in contacting her, he'll not be put off by her mentioning that.
Posted: 6/19/2012 2:09:21 PM

Should she flat out put it in her profile

yes. you do yourself a disservice if you don't, because at least half the guys who start conversations will end them once they know. the time you save is your own.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2012 2:37:10 PM
"If a woman is saving herself for marriage, how soon do you think she should tell the guy?"

First or second date.

Pointless to hide long term goals like this, and putting it on the profile is even better.
 Bachelor426
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2012 3:27:22 PM
I think you should wait till the subject comes up. If he really likes you it shouldn't be too long.
 Bachelor426
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2012 3:30:55 PM
It's not like your virtue, beliefs, or preferences are everybody's business anyway. Might be a few guys out there saving themselves too!
 1906AceClub
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/19/2012 4:57:45 PM
I wouldn't put it on your profile, bad idea. I'd mention it the second date, third at the latest, sooner if it naturally comes up before then.
 pescando75
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/19/2012 5:51:45 PM

If a woman is saving herself for marriage, how soon do you think she should tell the guy?

When spider webs begin to form around and bats fly out of her nether regions. I mean, give us some warning, please...
 Mr_Nonchalance
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2012 6:04:24 PM
hell dont put it in your profile,put it as your headline it saves guys the time of reading through a profile knowing he is not going to be interested no matter how perfect the profile is.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Speaking of celibacy, how soon would you want to know . . .