Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Women on sports      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 femaleconnection
Msg: 5
Women on sportsPage 1 of 1    
Me ex mother in law is still to this day, the most ardent fan of our local football team I have ever met. No faking there.

Many men would not be as involved with sports, if thier Moms didnt introduce the sport to the child and bring them to thier practices and games. While it is done for the benefit of the child, many of these Moms also have a deep love for sports.

I think you have to assume it is true until you see otherwise.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 9
Women on sports
Posted: 6/22/2012 10:35:59 AM
I am a football FANatic.....my team's the Buccaneers, hence the name Bucsgirl. I can talk hours at a stretch about football and Monday morning quarterback with the guys. BUT NFL football is the ONLY sport I watch. No golf, no college sports and NO NASCAR.........

Just a comment, OP, it's unlikely that there are many young ladies who would be faking an interest in sports to get attention. Most female profiles get mail, sometimes with NO pic, little content, just because they're FEMALE.

The few that do, should be easy to flush out.
 vestaceres
Msg: 11
Women on sports
Posted: 6/22/2012 3:06:04 PM
I put cricket in my list of interests because it took me a long time to understand it, and long after I lived in a nation in which it was popular.
 1200customgirl
Msg: 14
Women on sports
Posted: 6/22/2012 5:24:56 PM
Like anything else in someone's profile - you just don't know. Life is a risk. It may be a ruse - it may not be. But that is what dating is for. This internet thing is for making an initial connection - not online dating. Invite her out for an afternoon coffee, and then ask away. Use your instinct! That's a date! So many times, for me, the guy wants a done deal before we even meet face to face. Wants to know if I am serious, whether I am looking for long term, etc. and eek! do I want kids? Truth be told, I don't even know if I am going to stay for the whole DATE, nevermind my whole life.... Hve fun and get to know her on your first, meet and greet.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Women on sports