Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Teen Sleepover - would you allow it & when?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chuzz16
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Teen Sleepover - would you allow it & when?Page 1 of 1    
Yes I would, if it was ok with the parents of the girl he would be staying with, but he is 16. I wouldn't allow it if the girl was under age though.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Teen Sleepover - would you allow it & when?
Posted: 6/24/2012 1:25:56 AM
i`m not a parent myself, but i think i`d have a problem with hearing my son or daughter having sex just a few yards away across the landing.
 safaa30
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2012 2:56:38 AM
I havent got kids but wouldn't allow it. Many a times I go to work and one of the senior colleagues is moaning about how they didnt get any sleep the previous night as their teenage son/daughter was having sex with their partner and kept them awake all night! Am like WTF????
 stonecastle
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2012 7:11:05 AM
Teenagers today are not like we were when we were teenagers. Today teenagers reject the ideals and morals of their elders, for example just listen to the music that teenagers listen to today. One modern pop song called "My Generation" has the lyrics in it "I hope a I die before I get old" and other rebellious lyrics, listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MnDbWqe_kQ
And another risqué modern pop song is called "Lets spend the night together" obviously a reference to teenage sex, listen to this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l61MFiIeuVM
 lien43
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2012 7:17:21 AM
Some parents are still like it when there children are older. I was seeing someone earlier this year and she is in her 40s and use to stay at her parents but we were not allowed to sleep in the same bed
 bootielicious
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2012 2:55:47 PM
My son has always had sleep overs from the age of around 7 upwards. They have often been mixed as well and always with all the parents consent. Teenagers today don't have the same barriers some of us had when we were at school. They are relaxed in the company of the opposite sex and don't necessarily see them all as 'potential' sexual partners.

My son is nealy 19 and has had 3 gfs. His first one when he was 15 and lasted for 18 months. He asked if she could stay over after about a year and I went to his gfs home (about 4 doors down) and spoke to her Mum and asked how she felt about it. She said that she had full confidence in both of them that they would not abuse the situation and gave her blessing. I particularly liked the daughter, as she made him tidy the room and shower before she would come round. How I miss those days!!!!

I never once caught them 'at it' or heard anything and he has since told me that they never did get 'intimate' as she has cervical cancer in her family and wanted to wait as long as possible before doing the deed. Not sure if that was an excuse or not, but he respected it. They have recently become friends again and I don't think that would have been possible if there had not been that mutual respect and yes she was his first love and he still holds a candle for her.

The other 2 girls he has admitted he was sexually active with, but again nothing that I am aware of or heard while I was there. He has always respected the boundaries between us in the same way he does not swear in front of me, where I know that he does with his friends.

Our children are going to grow up and in my opinion, I would rather it happen in a controlled environment, where I know he is safe and so is the person he is with and within a relationship, than a one night stand. Knowing he knows how to treat a woman and respect her wishes makes me very happy and proud of him.
 stonecastle
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 9:57:06 AM

Stonecastle - hate to pick an issue here, but you are quoting from the Who (My Generation) and the Rolling Stones, (Lets spend the night together) - neither of which are new (about 40plus years old?) and I would think hold little or no relevance to the current younger set.
I was trying to remind people that teenage rebellion is far from a new thing. And to show them that they used to be rebellious teenagers too.
 bootielicious
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 4:38:56 PM
lol we haven't all forgotten what it was like to be young. Besides, I was never rebellious, more misunderstood :) I just left home and joined the army instead. Actually come to think of it, I had more rules to abide by then. What was I thinking of????
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Teen Sleepover - would you allow it & when?