Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > am i being strung along      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 5
view profile
History
am i being strung alongPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
It sure seems like you are being strung along, but I would ask where she stands one more time in relation to you. Once you have the answer you can move on accordingly, but don't pester her anymore if she gives an answer that showcases indifference towards you.
 neck romancer
Msg: 6
view profile
History
am i being strung along
Posted: 6/24/2012 11:27:50 AM
from what you described she is not interested in you... I dont know if she is stringing you along or not.. you may be seeing what you want to see rather than her stringing you along.
Either way I would say friend zone her.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 14
view profile
History
am i being strung along
Posted: 6/24/2012 1:27:39 PM
Carol Ann has it right.

To be "strung along," you have to have someone trying to lead you somewhere. You describe this woman as an aimless drunk who stumbles randomly through your life. You can't attribute intent to her, until you actually witness a sense of direction.
 daynadaze
Msg: 25
view profile
History
am i being strung along
Posted: 6/24/2012 9:06:50 PM
Walk away. Hell, run away. There is nothing here, it's not even a drama relationship, there's nothing there. She's totally not interested. I don't see what you are confused about, you aren't involved with her at all, she's done.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 29
am i being strung along
Posted: 6/26/2012 2:51:09 AM
Your not being strung along...your taking every step willingly with your eyes wide open next to her.
 DomG79
Msg: 30
am i being strung along
Posted: 6/26/2012 2:56:57 AM
If it were me, it might have lasted a day or two. After awhile, you can catch these in their earlier stages. I know it is hard when you want it to be more, but it is what it is. Delete her number, forget you know her, unfriend her on Facebook, do what you gotta do.
 cooldog65
Msg: 31
view profile
History
am i being strung along
Posted: 6/26/2012 3:24:05 AM
You're one of many in her bullpen. She needs and enjoys the attention. #BLD...Bit*hes Love Drama!
 Sillyandserious
Msg: 35
view profile
History
am i being strung along
Posted: 6/26/2012 10:35:59 AM
Sweetie I hate to sound harsh...but this girl is 'keeping you on the hook'
Meaning? She is probably very actively dating multiple other guys...but keeping you around for a plan B.

It sucks...it is unfair....but it looks like that is what is happening.

You need to ditch her and move on. She obviously has not made you or your feelings a priority.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > am i being strung along