Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When you enter the comfort zone!! Is it time?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Boaterfloater
Msg: 1
view profile
History
When you enter the comfort zone!! Is it time?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
So let's say your in a relationship or have dated a few times and you are starting to get comfortable with the person your with.

Rewind to past relationships where you were able to comfortably act yourself with no holds barred!

Fast forward to now, you are walkng, sitting on the couch, in the backyard, etc, etc.

Is there ever a time when it is okay to pass gas in front of your significant other?

Let's face it we all fart, but I'd like to hear the different points of view.

Smile!! :)
 OutMind
Msg: 2
When you enter the comfort zone!! Is it time?
Posted: 6/27/2012 8:51:24 AM
Always, and I repeat, always extend your finger at her and say "Pull my finger."
 Boaterfloater
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 10:04:25 AM
I knew this was going to be quite funny!!! I was getting tired of reading the same old forum crap.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about only in front of your partner and I do realize that the rudeness of the matter, but always find that in a new relationship it's not just farting, there are many other things like this that come with the territory.

I'm not going to leave the room to fart everytime, especially if my partner doesn't mind all that much, nor am I going to give them the "dutch oven" (although I have been tempted with some). lol.

Let's be honest farting and couples is as common as kissing, most just hate to admit it in public.

Smarter:
You are correct, I usually get to "know" the persons personality and I'll give a trial run, but I am always a little hesitant at first.

Maybe I should ask, "Honey it's time we sit down and have the fart talk".

Smile, it's Wednesday
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/27/2012 10:33:36 AM
The right answer is to wait until she does it first... THEN you can do it, obviously louder, to show your dominance.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/27/2012 10:42:56 AM

Ladies do not fart, as we all know!

I've heard this before. You call it something else. Poof? It starts with a P right? Puff?
 gtomustang
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/27/2012 10:52:23 AM
I'm sure we've all heard the joke, "why can't women pass gas? Because they can't stop talking long enough to build up the necessary pressure." Actually its even more funny to get this question from someone named, "boatfloater". :)

Me, after the first impressions are made, I frankly want my partner to feel comfortable around me. Go to another room to toot your own horn would be nice, but if you can't, why should you suffer needless pressure/discomfort? Its probably why couches don't come with a one piece cushion, so there's an air passage :)

don't do it my face, don't flap the sheets, say, "excuse me" or "whoops" or whatever worked in your home, and we'll move on.
 TantricJedi
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/27/2012 10:56:59 AM
You know, just reading the subject of this thread was enough to make me wonder if you were talking about farting, lol. I usually wait until she accidentally farts and then I'll share a SBD (silent but deadly) with her. I'll pull the covers over her head first to make the experience unforgettable. I was told that women don't fart though, they POOF.
 OutMind
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/27/2012 11:04:29 AM

I usually let rip on the first date.

Oh my god, where have you been all my life. We could have made beautiful music together.

LOL
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/27/2012 11:13:28 AM
My ex did it, so I'd do it to get back at him. He thought it was hilaaaaaaarious to fart and then hold my arms down so I couldn't get away or cover my nose.
 Boaterfloater
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 11:42:50 AM
From past experience it's usually okay, but a couple of years ago I tested the waters and the girl flipped out and asked me never to do it again in front of her. Needless to say I was taken back and the relationship didn't last all that long, but I have always wondered how to approach the subject.

I was at a friends and his girlfriends last night and he let a ripper go! She laughed, so did I and then he did and we all did.

My sister on the other hand is married and her husband farts at least 5 times in a two hour period and every time he does she yells at him and him and I laugh. I think she does it because she almost feels like she has to in front of people. I'm sure she doesn't say much when no one is around.
 NVMinerMan
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/27/2012 12:58:45 PM

Is there ever a time when it is okay to pass gas in front of your significant other?

how much do u charge her per gallon?
 chameleonf
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/27/2012 1:13:41 PM
Accidental put puts, no problem - we all experience them from time to time. I don't particularly care for the forced out variety that cling to the room in a visible cloud and aroma. If you've got the time to think about farting, you've got time to go to the can to spare everyone. My ex was a brat when it came to farts in a vehicle...he'd do an sbd and then open my window from the driver's control panel so it would be sucked out right past my nose - ahhhh the good ol' bad ol' days!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When you enter the comfort zone!! Is it time?