Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Woman who is attached to her Dog too much? Was dumping her was a idea      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grantfl80
Msg: 2
Woman who is attached to her Dog too much? Was dumping her was a ideal situation?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
The break up must have been really ruff on her...

G
 gcdeb
Msg: 3
Woman who is attached to her Dog too much? Was dumping her was a ideal situation?
Posted: 7/2/2012 5:52:03 AM
Did you talk to her about it and give her a chance to change things to suit you better?
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 4
Woman who is attached to her Dog too much? Was dumping her was a ideal situation?
Posted: 7/2/2012 5:52:59 AM
SIR, i have 4 dogs whom i dearly love, and i only have one question for you....
why didn't you dump her sooner??

she is fixated on that animal. she wasn't emotionally available. huge waste of time for you to "talk to her" about it; she'd never hear you. you should have told her to get a good shrink. of course, she wouldn't have heard that either, LOL
 NewYorkbiker
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/2/2012 5:59:26 AM
Sounds like the last girl I went out with..
I truly believe she treated the dog better then her own son....
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/2/2012 6:02:32 AM
That does sound extreme to me.

I have a dog.
She provides me with great comfort and unconditional love.
But she is an animal.

You made the right choice.
Now go out and find someone normal.
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/2/2012 6:08:47 AM
Does she not work or something? If she can leave her dog to go to her job, she can leave it for a few hours to be with you.
 gcdeb
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/2/2012 6:26:08 AM

it was my lady friend who is the problem in here,not the dog.
Sounds like it. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Looks like you made the right decision.
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/2/2012 7:30:39 AM
Wow, that's just creepy! Yes, you are definitely doing the right thing (did you really have any doubt?). Too bad she didn't take the dog's cue to realize you were a "keeper." That dog had more sense than her-you were kind to it, saw it as part of the family, and yet she herself couldn't see that you were willing to meet her half-way, in the place where "normal" people live! I'm crazy about my new puppy, but I wouldn't let him stand between me and the folks I love. Nor would I expect him to be part of everything I do.

I feel sorry for the pooch. S/he probably would like a break from all that smothering!
 wanderer1999
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 7:35:14 AM
Sounds like she has boundary issues.

You weren't able to negotiate a solution or cross that line, so best to move on.

Though it would be interesting to hear her side of the story...
 Paderic
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/2/2012 7:42:33 AM
I'm curious, did you make any effort to befriend the dog? The dog sees you as a potential threat, and if you ignore him and make no effort to include him when you're socializing with the woman, that only reinforces his view of you as a threat.

Locking a dog in another room won't work. Most dogs will go berserk in such a situation. It instinctively needs to be a part of the group.

If you're not a "dog" person, it's best that you move on and it's also best for her to move on.

"I love the dog, he is adorable but spoiled. He also liked me a lot.As soon as he sees me he is jumping on my lap with joy and very fond of me.He is a very good dog but it was my lady friend who is the problem in here,not the dog."

I thought you said the dog attacked you when you tried to kiss her???
 Pinky127
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/2/2012 7:52:35 AM
Op,this from your opening Post....

The dog tried to attacked me every time we try to kiss each or sitting next to her

But,then,this further on.....

He also liked me a lot.As soon as he sees me he is jumping on my lap with joy and very fond of me.

So,my BS radar is going off.
WOOF.
*Edit* Thanks wanderer.....i hear what you're saying but i still think Op has a vivid imagination.........:)
 wanderer1999
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 7:55:15 AM

Op,this from your opening Post....

The dog tried to attacked me every time we try to kiss each or sitting next to her

But,then,this further on.....

He also liked me a lot.As soon as he sees me he is jumping on my lap with joy and very fond of me.

So,my BS radar is going off.
WOOF.

Actually, that can happen if the person isn't experienced in handling dogs.

If he hasn't established himself as the "alpha" dog in the group, the dog can like him, but be aggressive when he feels like the BF is encroaching on his territory... like trying to kiss his lady.

There are people who like dogs, then there are Dog People.
 Paderic
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/2/2012 6:58:12 PM

My current Girlfriend have two dogs and they never attack or act in appropriately when I am intimate with her. They are very well behaved dog and very intelligent dog. They know they place and they act wonderfully, Very loving, cute and adorable dog.

So the situation in your original post was awhile ago? WTF is the point of starting a thread about it if you've already moved on and are dating someone else?
 Lionesse19
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/2/2012 7:01:19 PM
Not normal behaviour whilst dating. If the dog resents you then the relationship is not going to work. WHat she is doing is neurotic and very offputting for any man. We can love our pets but she is actually quite nuts. Again why did you ask the question when you have moved on?
 Miss W
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/2/2012 7:41:09 PM
I adore my pets, but this is over the top and bat shyt crazy. Can you say emotionally unavailable??
 Womac911
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 9:40:23 PM
I sort of "had" a dog. It was abandoned with me by someone who lived with me. I didn't have the heart to take it to a shelter. Looking back, I should have.
Eventually, the girl I met, who became my girlfriend, became extremely fixated on the dog. The dog took my place in almost every respect. From sharing the bed with the dog and not me, to feeding the dog from plates, to doting on the dog. Everything was about the dog. I'd express my concern, and the response would be "She's just a dog, it's not the same"
She never did understand.

Never again to I want to compete with an animal.

I'm betting the dog in OP's case was a Chihuahua.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/14/2012 11:46:16 AM

You may not like dogs or people that do, but calling everyone that has a dog disgusting is really lumping everyone that owns a dog as being the same. Also, some would say that BBWs are too in love with food and are disgusting gluttons. Some would even call them pigs. See what I did there? See how generalizations only prove how ignorant you are?

Cawk Blawker, you took the words out of my mouth.
 Miss W
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/14/2012 12:05:24 PM

sorry I just hate dogs and people who are too in love with their dogs

And I'm sure that dog lovers feel the same about your type too.
 vestaceres
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/14/2012 12:07:40 PM

The break up must have been really ruff on her...

LOL!
 OutMind
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/14/2012 3:01:57 PM
Should have tried the dog whispered Cesar Milan. It would have made a great episode.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/14/2012 5:12:02 PM
Ok I know this may be off topic...but there are people who have relations with their pets..if you know what I mean?? She sounds creepy to me, red flag..STAY AWAY from her. You dont want to get that phone call from her saying the she is in the hospital and the dog is attached to her?? and they have to pry them apart?? if you know what I mean.
SO STAY AWAY FROM THE CREEPY WOMAN!!!
 beachlover317
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/14/2012 6:43:30 PM
i think thats very odd..i love my dog but really?
 rockondon
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2012 9:34:50 AM
Sounds like you were really barking up the wrong tree when you met her.
That's ruff dude.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/23/2012 4:59:50 PM
Paderic- Good eye, I caught that too.
Every thread I start get labeled attention seeking or pity thread or some such nonsense. One thread I started was in the science forum about time travel and got flagged (that thread is still going and many pages long). Then people like this come on here clearly double talking and bs'ing and it's ignored. POF needs to invest in paid moderators!
Anyway, I have two dogs and they BOTH treat me better than my ex did, just sayin' ;)
 Prognosticator
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/27/2012 4:48:36 AM
I know just how you feel. I have a "totem pole" analogy. When you are way below the dog on it, you need to start thinking hard. Believe me, you really have me thinking now, and I've been in the relationship for years. she does the same things you said. Plus, all the replies from men and women really hit home. Thanks for post.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Woman who is attached to her Dog too much? Was dumping her was a ideal situation?