Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > survey 40% of people owed money friends and family      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 monty336
Msg: 1
view profile
History
survey 40% of people owed money friends and familyPage 1 of 1    
read this recently, ive had people ask me for a loan but i know deep down i would be chasing them for it back forever then some have the knack of making you feel guilty for hounding them, one lad on one job was called jimmy the tap, used to borrow £3 on average over a site of 200 men , if he didnt pay back half he would poss 50 to 100 quid a week, also he smoked OPs [other peoples], is this a big a problem as the survey suggest
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 2
view profile
History
survey 40% of people owed money friends and family
Posted: 7/2/2012 11:43:54 AM
I have no problem at all lending friends or/and family money to tide them over, but as far as friends are concerned, i have one unbreakable rule, if they dont pay back, they get no more help, end of,

with family, its different, most of the time, i forget about it as soon as its "loaned" thats what families are for,..however, i know a piss take when i see one, and even a family member would be "cut off" if they took the piss. :O)
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 1:34:20 PM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the 40% figure was correct. People getting to near the end of the week and borrowing a few £'s to get to pay day. You only need to see how many 'money lenders' advertise on TV to understand what a big problem people are having to get from one month to another.

I can't imagine family ever borrowing money but would happily give it to them and not loan it. With friends, I am the same as others, I will loan money time after time so long as they pay it back without being reminded. If it's only a few £'s then I tell them not to bother (unless it was every week and they were taking the piss)

An ex colleague and friend was struggling in January while she was waiting on final payment from a contract. I loaned her £1000 and told her just to pay it back when she could, knowing that it might be several months. She insisted on writing a note stating that I had loaned her the money in case anything happened to her. She paid it back a few months later and gave me interest.
 monty336
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2012 9:38:32 AM
yes i had something similar someone owed me 20 quid, said i would be paid back when i asked a week later said they were skint, i pointed out a tattoo on arm , answer was they had been treated to it didnt convince me so i said keep the 20 , and fvck off out of my life. i felt a lot better thats one less parasite in my life
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > survey 40% of people owed money friends and family