Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > when to make your profile invisible or remove it      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cnydevilindisguise
Msg: 1
when to make your profile invisible or remove itPage 1 of 1    
Ok so here it goes I have been talking with someone for a couple of months nowbut due to our schedules we have only been able to meet onetime but it went well and we both agree on that and we both agree that we like eachother. I had made my profile invisible about a month after we started talking so that no one would think I am still available , I happened to come on here today and see that she still has herself out there looking . Should I just brush it off and forget her or just continue like it's nothing and continue to get to know her and see where it goes. I guess I wanna know what other people think, at what point of getting to know someone do you not make yourself available to everyone else?
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 2
when to make your profile invisible or remove it
Posted: 7/7/2012 5:12:47 AM
Set up a fake profile and see how far she will go with the fake you...This is not entrapment,lol....
 TC2u
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/7/2012 5:55:30 AM
I wold never ask anyone to take down, or hide their profile. I would think their actions are what's important.
 cnydevilindisguise
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:42:11 AM
In her conversations with me she has told me that she would like to get to know me and she isn't interested in meeting other people!!!
 cnydevilindisguise
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:45:45 AM
Also it's people like you that give these sites bad names. I asked a question for opinions not to be insulted!!!
 forums1
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/7/2012 7:12:19 AM

Also it's people like you that give these sites bad names. I asked a question for opinions not to be insulted!!!

Boohoo, if you wanted only the answers you wanted to hear, you should have said that in your opening post, something like "I only want to hear opinions that back up my own pre-made opinion of it, I don't want to hear anything that disagrees with me".

Interesting how you created an apparently "fake" (2nd) profile on here, that happens to say you are interested in women for "long term", with no mention of the fact you are already infatuated with this other woman. Apparently its ok for you to have a fake profile on here looking for other women to date, but its not ok for *her* to have her original profile on here still open to dating?

And as to what Rockabilly said, if you trust the person, it doesn't really matter. Last woman I dated on here had my password (and I hers) after a few months, I had nothing to hide, and neither of us deleted our profiles - we used to chat about various threads we saw/posted-on here, discussed the thread topics ourselves (it was a good way to get to know each other), etc... never for a moment didn't trust her, she has friends on here she keeps in touch with.

Simple answer is, if you don't trust her - you shouldn't be pursuing a relationship with her.
 cnydevilindisguise
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/7/2012 8:26:01 AM
First off I don't get the stalker comments!! But since that seems to be what people think I will just stop talking to her and move on. For the people that were giving me constructive answers thank you and I'm sure there is someone special out there looking for you. For the people that were just flat out rude, I now know why you're here and not in a good loving relationship and even though you were rude to me I wish you nothing but the best either and hope that you also find the person you deserve!
 Triumph800rider
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2012 5:24:59 PM
I don't know where to begin....

When I read your initial post I figured you were 19 or so. But I read your profile and you are 50!

I will spell it out for you.

A) Two weeks of chatting and a single date does not equal a committed relationship

B) People who are not in a relationship have no need to remove their profiles and are allowed to date other people.

C) You are in an exclusive relationship only AFTER you have had THE TALK and decided upon what the terms should be.

D) There is no need to stop talking to someone and move on if you are not in an exclusive relationship just because that person still has a profile up. At this point you should still be dating other people as well.

E) While there is no set rule most healthy adults will not begin to entertain the thought about making a relationship exclusive until after they have been dating at least three months and have had at least ten dates.

F) Failure to understand these simple social rules and cues will cause her to perceive you as a creepy stalker dude she met on the internet.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > when to make your profile invisible or remove it