Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Im 50 but act 25      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zonked123
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Im 50 but act 25Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Sounds to me like Benny Hill syndrome - good look to the old codger I say, he'll catch one eventually.
 zonked123
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Im 50 but act 25
Posted: 7/8/2012 3:17:00 AM
Off topic, I do recall trying the line 'an older broom knows all the corners...' in my bestest barry white voice - failed misserably.
 jaqi
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Im 50 but act 25
Posted: 7/8/2012 3:39:17 AM

It wouldn't wind me up, because I'm 47 and I also feel 25 inside and sometimes when I am out, I do forget my age....
and that doesn't surprise me andaloosa because you look full of life's energy. I feel exactly the same.

I have to admit, though, that I do sometimes wonder that when a guy states that in his profile he is trying to convince whoever reads it that he might look a worn out old man in his pics but there is some life in him yet!

I would prefer to meet those who's pictures show they have volumes of life in their face, who look like they are fun and full of energy and who's profile reads enrgetically too ... then I think they might be able to keep up with me!
 Jo van
Msg: 10
Im 50 but act 25
Posted: 7/8/2012 4:57:37 AM

I'm 50, but act 25.

If someone said that to me, I'd probably think that they haven't learned very much.
I'm always a bit wary of people who try too hard to "have a good time".
We seem to have 'caught' that American obsession with shouting "Woo", to prove we're having a good time.

I don't think people should declare themselves to be "young looking, or acting", like intelligence and beauty, I think those descriptions are best left to the opinions of others.
And anyway, the word "acting" really speaks for itself.

After joining this site, I think I've finally realised how incredibly old I am.
It's a fact. It's there, 'in black and white'.
There is no escape from your age.
You can keep yourself fit, and fight 'the battle of the bulge'.etc.
In the end, it's all down to your genes. (Although obviously 'lifestyle' plays a part)

If you don't 'fancy' people of your own age, they'll probably feel the same about you.
Give up, would be my advice.

FlaxenBlonde
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Im 50 but act 25
Posted: 7/8/2012 5:21:39 AM
Age is just a number, I agree. However, along with that number as it increases, should come maturity and eventual aging of our bodies. You may think you look years younger than your actual age because you believe the little white lies people tell to flatter you, but for the most part we look our age. It amazes me how many people actually believe this compliment pertains to them but not others. Let you in on a little secret--- most of us get told "you look at least 10 years younger!" I appreciate the gesture, but I would never delude myself into thinking I look 25.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with looking and acting your real age. Why can't it simply be that you're still full of life at your real age? I'm 64 and I'm still full of life and into having fun. I'm not looking for someone who says, "I'm just a kid in a grown man's body." That tells me he needs a mother, not a romantic relationship. I want someone near my age but who (among other qualities) is also fit, active, fun, enthusiastic, and adventuresome.

Woz1968--- you're so right.
 Chuzz16
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Im 50 but act 25
Posted: 7/8/2012 6:25:06 AM
I think I act and feel 25 until I'm in the company of 25 year olds, then I act and feel about 90. :(
 jaqi
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Im 50 but act 25
Posted: 7/8/2012 9:56:07 AM
cheers nige 1960

Chuzz you make me giggle with your sense of humour ... you sound a laugh a minute!
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Im 50 but act 25
Posted: 7/8/2012 10:45:41 AM
@ msg17 "I think I act and feel 25 until I'm in the company of 25 year olds, then I act and feel about 90. :( "

Feeling 90 and looking 90, are worlds apart, and you`ve a lonnnng way to go before you have to worry about the looking part chuzzy :O)
 Chuzz16
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Im 50 but act 25
Posted: 7/8/2012 10:55:12 AM
Aww thanks Ducky...(kissy lips thingamajig)
 matt e
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Im 50 but act 25
Posted: 7/8/2012 3:27:42 PM
I meet a girl from here who stated in her profile she looked a lot younger than her 38 years. We'd been on the date about 20 minutes before she said "I look a lot younger dont I". She didnt have any wrinkles to be fair but she was a bit of a c0ck.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Im 50 but act 25
Posted: 7/8/2012 4:14:47 PM
^^^^
A guy sits in front of TV all day, farting like there's no tommorrow.
But not just gassy airish farts, I'm talking mega greasy wet ones, the kind that would make your dog puke.
The wife, understandably is angry as f**k, and says: "one day Honey, you are gonna fart your guts out."
THe next Sunday, as wife is preparing Turkey for sunday lunch, Hubbie falls asleep.
THe wife spies an opportunity to get her own back, so she takes the innards of the turkey and places them in the underwear her husband is wearing. She then went back to cooking the turkey. Later on that night, her husband came to the dinner table looking very frightened.

"What happened?" asked his wife.

"Well," the man said, "you were right. I farted my guts out."

"What did you do?" asked his wife.

"Well with the Grace of God and these two fingers I got 'em all back up in there!"
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Im 50 but act 25