Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > First date options/idea's      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
First date options/idea'sPage 1 of 1    
it is generally a good idea to go to a place that BOTH people like.... wait until you know who you are taking out.... to come up with where you want to take her....
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 6
First date options/idea's
Posted: 7/8/2012 1:36:57 PM
just stick with drinks then, NO ice skating on a first meet!
 theforumfiend
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/8/2012 7:00:25 PM
Ice skating would not be a good first date unless you know that the woman really enjoys ice skating. The wisest thing to do is go for something casual that you can both cut short gracefully (don't make me tell the story about being stuck at the zoo again).
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/8/2012 9:24:20 PM
Something with options. Start simple in an area that has options for plenty of fun to keep things going as well as for either of you to bail.

Recently I went on a date to a beach front Italian food place I found that was affordable casual dining but had highly rated authentic quality food.. My date was Italian.. Anyway being near the beach, pier, some pubs and more gave us plenty of things to do when we decided to keep the date going and keep talking..
 happygal_28
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2012 9:32:38 PM
I agree totally with Cowboy - nothing is real until you meet in person! I had lots of short first meets, a few meets that went a few meets further, and a really positive first meet (that seemed to good to be true) that lead to my now married for 3 years status.

Every date that ends with "we are not a match" is one step closer to the one who is!

No matter how crazy it sounds - you get what you believe in!

happygal :)
 justlookingvt
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/9/2012 5:21:43 AM
Keep it simple and extensible.

Follow Cowboy's advice, it's really good advice.
 grove_22
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/9/2012 7:19:28 AM
I will repeat some of what I had stated in another thread. I like to do more exciting activities on a first date / meeting without any strict time limits. One suggestion would be "Dave & Busters". They have a sports bar, video games, among other things. In general, I had more fun at these types of dates compared to the coffee dates. Even the ones that didn't work out. Yet I could end a date if turns into a disaster.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > First date options/idea's