Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How Long      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CharminC
Msg: 5
How LongPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)

how long do you date someone before they say I love you?

I'd slap myself silly if I ever utter those words.

Keep masturbating.

exactamundo
 COLIONE98
Msg: 6
view profile
History
How Long
Posted: 7/8/2012 3:55:31 PM
In my opinion, there is no set standard approach. Everything now is based on history and how others have chosen to lead their lives.

Some people are more affectionate and sensitive than others. Its all about communication. Obviously he loves the idea of being around you and what you offer as a person. True love comes with time and obviously hardship. But you have to communicate with him and ask him what he really means when he says "i love you".

Sometimes, it maybe at the tip of the tongue and a person doesn't know of a better way to express his/her affection.
 daynadaze
Msg: 16
view profile
History
How Long
Posted: 7/8/2012 8:28:41 PM
When someone is quick to say I Love You, I know they say that to everyone they date for a week or two. I know they don't know me and that they don't love me, so I know they are lying to me, them self or both. I know they place people into roles that they've made up to feel good, and I know I'm not playing that game. If a man hasn't taken the time to get to know me, he does not love me. He probably doesn't know what love is and he probably thinks lust is love, and that I'll be interchangeable with the next woman who dates him.
 foxonatrain
Msg: 20
view profile
History
How Long
Posted: 7/9/2012 1:53:43 AM
I usually say the words while I'm asking for the first date. "Hi would you like to go out together sometime... because I love you."
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 21
How Long
Posted: 7/9/2012 2:01:23 AM
If an individual has set their mind set to think they love you, and maintain it constantly, regardless of when, is it true or not?....
How Long
Posted: 7/9/2012 2:36:17 AM

someone has already told me he loves me within the last few weeks of dating him. and we havent even attempt to sleep with each other yet. I am going crazy. - honeybunny28

My question would be why does the fact that he says he loves you, even though you 2 haven't had sex yet, trouble you? Do you share his feelings, or do you feel it's too soon? Is he the same age as you, btw? Every person is different granted, but my personal experience is that someone younger & less experienced, is more likely to & more open to falling in love, easily. As they have less experience of being hurt, to make them more cautious. It's only a problem, if your perceptions are so different, that it becomes a problem for you. Or if you know already, that you do NOT (& can't) share his feelings.
 Flurr
Msg: 24
view profile
History
How Long
Posted: 7/9/2012 12:11:30 PM
He probably told you he loves you so you will feel comfortable sleeping with him.
 gentleplus
Msg: 26
view profile
History
How Long
Posted: 7/9/2012 12:42:52 PM
Cawk.....For you I just bought a govt surplus mobile home from the Katrina event..... fully code compliant.... when can you come pick it up???
 ohenryx
Msg: 28
view profile
History
How Long
Posted: 7/9/2012 1:02:11 PM

Cowboy
My advice for you right now is buy a vibrator. Not a battery powered one either. Insist on a corded model. Your frustration has pushed you past the practical limits of any battery powered model

Thanks for the laugh, I needed one today. I remember a previous thread, wherein we were discussing vibrators, and which model to buy. Someone described a particular model as being

designed for destructive testing of reinforced concrete

Now that sounds like what the Doctor ordered.
 foxonatrain
Msg: 32
view profile
History
How Long
Posted: 7/9/2012 4:04:38 PM

…just in case that’s all it takes, eh?

You know what they say, go big or go home.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How Long