Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > "I just needed some time away"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Invictus01
Msg: 1
"I just needed some time away"Page 1 of 1    
So, I met this girl, we had a few dates over a period of 3 weeks. Really hit it off, blah blah blah. Then she canceled a date. Ok, no big deal, work happens. Then she canceled another. Alright, family is family, gotta do what you gotta do. Then she rescheduled the next... then she she stopped replying to my calls/texts altogether. After a couple of unanswered texted, I stopped bugging her. Like the girl, but I can't make her like me.

This morning, 10 days after I last heard anything from her, I get the following text - "Hey you, I'm sorry for being so distant. I just needed some time away. I hope you understand." Um...

C'mon, ladies, help me understand this...
 ohenryx
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I just needed some time away
Posted: 7/14/2012 11:52:16 AM
I have to agree with the other respondents. Now what you have to decide is, are you willing to risk going through this again?

Reminds me of one of my favorite Bob Dylan songs:

And here I sit so patiently
Waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of
Going through all these things twice
 onewayoranuther
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/14/2012 11:52:48 AM
how many times are you willing to be bucked off a horse?

There is only one couple I know that are together today that "needed some time away" from one another.

The only reason it happened to the one couple was because he was scheduled to marry someone else when he met her. He refused to see her for one month. It was time he gave himself to decide if marry the other girl was the right thing to do. He was upfront and honest with the woman he met and with the woman he asked to marry him.

After 30 days he married the other girl. They have been together for 8 years now.

There always needs to be honesty...nothing good comes out of deceit.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/14/2012 11:56:32 AM
If she wants to date you she owes you a better explanation. Personally when I've given this kind of person a 2nd chance things don't improve. It usually turned out that I was the back burner person for when things don't work out with someone they think is more - whatever.
 Miss W
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/14/2012 11:56:46 AM
The other guy, didn't work out.

Yep. Do you really want to be plan B, C, D...X, Y, or Z?
 freespiritxoxx
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/14/2012 11:57:32 AM
only the lady that you are interested knows... so now it's up to you... ignore her or text/call lol problem solved
............... best of luck.....
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/14/2012 12:18:25 PM
I tend to agree with the others.
It sounds like you were one of chosen few, and the others did not work out.

As you liked her, you could continue on and see if you could win her heart.
Or ... you could bow out and say no thanks.

Only you can be the judge.
 vestaceres
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/14/2012 12:29:35 PM
It's happened to me. I usually don't take the chance on them, after that. They can find somebody else.
 scifichicky
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/14/2012 2:40:04 PM
She might have just been dealing with some stuff personally that after only dating you a few weeks she didn't want to share. Some people are more private and don't just open up to people right away. I have had to do this myself, it is so much easier than saying "hey, I am sorry but I just had to deal with a bunch of unexpected and unwanted dramatic bull sh-it that life decided to hurl in my general direction out of the blue... and I had to take a few days to get my life back in gear to the point that I wanted to talk to ANYBODY without being rude." Trust me, sometimes it is best to just let a lady take her space, there may be a very valid reason that has nothing whatsoever to do with you.
 Invictus01
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/14/2012 3:30:57 PM
There is no other dude... but she wants me to be a friend for now... One of these days, I will figure out these mystical creatures called women...
 katymay74
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/14/2012 3:34:24 PM
How do you know there is no other dude?
 Holly63
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/14/2012 5:53:46 PM

I get the following text - "Hey you, I'm sorry for being so distant. I just needed some time away. I hope you understand."

Goodness she needed time away after 3 weeks? It sounds to me, like others have suggested, that she met another guy, it didn't work out and you're her rebound. Glad you stopped texting her. Move on to a lady who will commit her time to you and not treat you like a puppet. All the best. xxxx
 firefly416
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2012 9:31:22 PM
Another guy she liked better turned her down.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > "I just needed some time away"