Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Premier League Football      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tah,
Msg: 2
Premier League FootballPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
who do you support?
 1100iml
Msg: 6
Premier League Football
Posted: 7/25/2012 2:16:06 AM
Looks like I'm late to the party, but it looks like United will have a tough battle this year against City. I just want Fergie to buy a decent midfielder. That's ALL we really need, well that and a left back. We don't need Lucas... although the though of him becoming like Ronaldo does tickle my fancy.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 10
Premier League Football
Posted: 7/27/2012 9:07:09 PM

The Premier League is a superb product. Superstars from across the globe playing football that is very easy on the eye. Characters such as Tevez, Mourinho, Ronaldo and the likes wouldn't have come to these shores if it wasn't for the pulling power of our top.........

.......salaries!

The EPL is a joke! You have the top 4 (or 5) team owners throwing around money with impunity. Its these teams who then will finish on top of the standings; win the FA cup and if lucky the CL.

Let me give you my humble predictions for the upcoming season: MU; MC; LiverP: Chelski; and perhaps Arsenal (in any order). Not to make mention of the fact that the overwhelming majority of the players on these teams are foreigners

It must give a fan of a mid table or low table team alot of false hope knowing that his/her team doesn't stand much of chance at winning anything. Wow, what sportsmanship, eh? But hey, the EPL is a "superb product" ( sort of like the antonym of saying: 'the king has no clothes').

Enjoy the upcoming season!
 tonyray36
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 7/31/2012 12:05:05 PM
im a liverpool supporter and im not happy andy carroll could be going permanently onloan to west ham. we pay 35 million quid for a striker and suddenly now he is not wanted. we need to at least give him a season to prove his worth.
 klinek8925
Msg: 21
Premier League Football
Posted: 8/11/2012 5:18:36 PM
have a question about Aston Villa how are they doing both on the field and financially ? Randy Lerner was the owner of the Cleveland Browns here in the states and recently sold them was wondering how his team there was ?
 bryanmywayoutofpof3
Msg: 24
Premier League Football
Posted: 8/14/2012 1:31:15 PM
Pssssssh...Go Arsenal! I'm ready for the Premier league to start
 NHRevs
Msg: 33
Premier League Football
Posted: 8/26/2012 5:46:08 PM
As a fan of Tim Howard I was pretty happy to see him do well.. Even if it was against Man Utd. Gotta love the US players n the EPL. I am interested in what is going to happen with Clint Dempsey.
 Stagles87
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 8/26/2012 6:57:53 PM
I'm also a United fan.

I think this season is going to be an excellent one. The signing of Van Persie is probably the signing that has excited me more than any other since following United. I was brought up supporting them so didn't have any choice (thankfully).

I think we should just win it this season. I'm hoping for a good run in the FA Cup this season and too see some more youth coming through. It's nice seeing players such as Cleverley and Welbeck getting their chance.

Before the season started i'd written Chelsea off but 3 games in and they're looking like they could be title challengers again. I didn't expect Hazard to have the immediate impact that he has done and Torres is looking sharp again.

My prediction for the top 8 would be:

Manchester United - Van Persie will fire us to the title.
Man City - It'll come down to the last 2 games
Chelsea - I think they'll just miss out when it comes to the business end of the season
Tottenham - Will hit there stride soon if the defence can come to terms with AVB's high line.
Arsenal - Losing their 2 best players from last season will hurt them
Everton - I think this is the lowest they'll finish and if they can have a good season injury wise they could even challenge for the top 4.
Newcastle - Great strike force. Cabaye Ben Arfa and Tiote can make things happen.
Liverpool - I've not been impressed by Rodgers signings and an injury to Suarez would leave them really struggling.
 Pete2205
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 10/14/2012 9:35:46 PM
Well the Season is well under way so perhaps the thread can be revived....

Not checked Paddy Power but I suspect the money is still on for United, Chelsea or Man City to take the title..
Reading for me is the sure bet to go down as they do not have the squad for the Premiership. Southampton seem to think they are more than they are with their bleating on about having narrowly lost to three top teams ...I suspewct they will join them in the bounce back to the championship.

I am an Oldham Athletic fan based on the Isle of Wight (Founder members of the Premier League) a home game for us is a 500 mile round trip plus an hours ferry but we still get about 6 home games in a season as well as quite a few away.

Have seen them at Portsmouth and Crewe so far this season which we both won and our (grandson and me) next match is at Crawley Town in a couple of weeks time.

There is something different about supporting a lower league club. There seems to be a greater sense of friendship between the clubs - Rarely a problem getting into away club lounges. You dont get too many prima donnas and the players seem to have a lot more time for the fans. Having said that, I look back to the days of our historic cup runs and top flight days, our players always had time for us after the game - I guess its down to the individual club and town.

For those of you who actually WATCH your team play - And not just check the results....Which away ground do you like visiting most and why ?
 ~Hams~
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 10/24/2012 5:27:53 PM
I support West Ham and we have had a great start to the season and are in 7th place now with 14 points.
We have an awful set of fixtures coming up soon though and will be playing Man City,Tottenham,Man Ud and Chelsea etc!

At this moment QPR cant buy a win and Southampton have shipped in 24 goals in 8 games while Wigan also look in big trouble.

Chelsea have played the best football so far and are looking good while Man City and Man Utd are not quite at their best just yet.
 Pete2205
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 10/28/2012 2:12:05 AM
while Wigan also look in big trouble.

Not quite as much after beating you 2-1 though hey Hams :)
 Pete2205
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 10/28/2012 11:51:59 AM
Had a brilliant run out to Crawley Town yesterday with my six year old grandson to follow our team Oldham Athletic... Brilliant day, sensible admission prices, able to STAND on REAL terraces. Good sensible food at none rip off prices. No players diving around at every opportunity, good banter between fans and a welcome in the social club before and after the game. Friendly stewards that didnt see themselves as hobby bobbies but were chatty and friendly.
Our club captain even threw his training top to my boy after the pre match kick about. His face was a picture
You know what ?
I dont care if Oldham never reach the Premier League again! There is a lot more reality in the lower leagues, more club connection with the fans and I wouldnt swap that for a day out at Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge or the Emirates.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 10/29/2012 5:50:18 PM
while Wigan also look in big trouble.

Not quite as much after beating you 2-1 though hey Hams :)

I wasn't expecting Wigan to play so well against us Pete but they dominated the game and deserved the 3 points!

The Everton v Liverpool and Chelsea v Man Utd matches last weekend were both full of incident.

Liverpool should have won the Merseyside derby 3-2 but the referee wrongly ruled out Suarez's late winner as being offside!

Then Chelsea had 2 players sent off Ivanovic(rightly)and Torres(wrongly)and Hernandez scored Man Utd's winner from an offside position.

Arsenal's winner against QPR was also offside in my view!
 Pete2205
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 11/15/2012 5:25:00 AM
I must admit that when the likes of Swansea can make it to the top flight and hold their own then it gives hope to teams like mine and the likes of Orient, Walsall, Brentford etc etc...

just a Shame tho Jack that FIFA rules states you wont ever qualify for Europe even if you win the Premiership ...Because your a Welsh club and you cannot have Welsh representatives from both the English Premiership AND the Welsh league in Europe.....

Sigh after all those years rising from Champs 2 to the Premiership Jack.......Not much more to look forward to :)
 dazzer1024
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 11/21/2012 12:32:30 PM
im not being funny pete but with a face like your you not got much to look forward to either ... SCFC..... JACK ARMY
 Pete2205
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 11/21/2012 10:22:43 PM
Dazzer ....If you read my post properly you might note I was PRAISING Swansea for their rise to the Premiership..Its just a shame that current rules say that Swansea cant enter Europe via qualification through the EPL....

As for my looks ....Thats a bit personal and offensive but then I guess you have no public pic because its even more scarey than mine :)

And Sunshine dont worry I think your Russian has just taken an easy option short term until he has had a good look at who is available on the market...Benny didnt do too bad with Liverpool, he might surprise you ...
 Pete2205
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 11/22/2012 4:12:05 PM
Totally Agree with you there FCB Benitez is highly under rated but then he has never been as charismatic as some - He has just got on with his job...

The "Chosen One" has also been linked long term to return to the Bridge but I think its already a done deal that when Fergie does eventually take his place upstairs at Old Trafford Mori the Chosen one will take his place
 ~Hams~
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 11/24/2012 2:40:10 AM
Mark Hughes has also been sacked by QPR with Harry Redknapp expected to take over.

There must be something in the air in West London after Chelsea also booted out their boss the other day!
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 58
Premier League Football
Posted: 11/25/2012 4:27:58 PM
Hull City AFC. With all the money being floated around, I've become more of a fan of the player than the team. I love Chelsea as well, but they've fit this mold. Yes! John Terry, Frank Lampard, Jolean Lescott, and Steven Gerrard are tops in my book.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 11/26/2012 4:30:51 AM
I don't think I've ever heard fans openly boo their new manager during his first game in charge!

It wasn't a very exciting weekend in the PL with the Arsenal,Liverpool and Chelsea v Man City games all ending in 0-0 draws.

West Ham lost 3-1 away at Tottenham and didn't play very well at all but I'm still pleased at how we've done so far although we now play Man Utd next.

Fergie's side are now top of the table despite not being at their best and having had to come from behind in matches many times this season.
 Pete2205
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 11/28/2012 7:07:54 AM
Stars just for the record ...Rafa isnt quite the muppet you think.....And far from winning just two trophies in his career he has won ....

Extremadura
Segunda División Promotion : 1997–98
Tenerife
Segunda División : 2000–01
Valencia
La Liga : 2001–02, 2003–04
UEFA Cup : 2003–04
Liverpool
FA Cup : 2005–06
FA Community Shield: 2006
UEFA Champions League : 2004–05
UEFA Super Cup: 2005
Internazionale
Supercoppa Italiana: 2010
FIFA Club World Cup: 2010

Now Six of those trophies have to be counted as credible and valuable additions to the trophy cabinet of any team.

Not a bad record really compared to some of the many that have come and gone from Stamford Bridge

On a side note I did a few statistics and worked out that based on the number of Managers that Chelsea and QPR have been hiring and fireing I estimate that by December 2020 No one walking round London will be more than 30 feet from an ex Chelsea or QPR Manager at any given moment :)
 Pete2205
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 11/28/2012 11:26:14 AM
To be totally honest Star you dont really have much to gripe about - Your rich Russian will keep ploughing money into your club and you will win trophies ....

Your biggest worry should be that one day he may get fed up of his toy and take his money out of Chelsea and put it elsewhere...Then you will have to make do with what you have and hope you can hang onto players - Lets be honest before Abromovich Chelsea were nothing special.

I admire the fact you pay your money and actually go to watch Chelsea play - Your not just a result watcher! Its just a shame that your local club Luton dont seem worthy of your support.

I was born in Oldham and although Man United and City were just a bus ride away I would never ever go there. Even now living off the South Coast I have managed to see us play at Portsmouth, Brentford, Crawley, Kidderminster ( FA Cup ) and Bournemouth. My next trip will be Yeovil 22nd December.

Having watched Oldham in four divisions, kick off as founder members of the Premier League - Beating Chelsea
3-0. And having seen them at Wembley I could never support any other team than the one from the town I was born in.

It does make my skin crawl when I drive 250 miles to a "Home" game and see kids getting on the bus from Oldham to Manchester - Who needs their support more?

Its all about the money now and there just isnt enough of it flowing down the leagues - We have a crap Engfland team because clubs choose to spend millions bringing in players from abroad instead of developing home grown talent. Meanwhile lower league clubs have no choice but to take whatever pittance they are offered for the odd youngster that shines in their team having spent years coaching and training them.
 Edub5654
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 11/29/2012 1:26:30 PM
This person gets it haha. ARSENAL!!
 ChocolateTrousers
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 12/1/2012 3:41:05 PM
2 no score draws and a defeat. The Rafalution is truly upon us, its almost as if hes never been away.

Keep Rafa At Chelsea. Facht.
 Pete2205
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Premier League Football
Posted: 12/2/2012 9:02:01 AM
If you were a top Manager would you go to Chelsea Star?

I mean what DO you have to do to keep your job more than two seasons at Chelsea? ...Win the chamions Leage and Premiership both seasons?.....Its not a safe bet for even the best of Managers? Would he sack Pep if he didnt deliver the goods? ...Roman has made Chelsea a hatchett club and no one who is employed by a top club is going to leave them to go to Chelsea ...The risk is troo great!

I respect and understand your reasons for following Chelsea - Its a family thing and a lot different than just being a "Glory Hunter"
Both my daughters and now my grandson have followed Oldham even though they were born on the Isle of Wight...Simply because I follow them. my dad did and so did his :)

Its all very messy at Chelsea right now though .....
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Premier League Football