Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Holy Grail Vortex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 holiday311
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Holy Grail VortexPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I stumbled across a new theory lately and I was wondering what people think about it or if they've even heard of it. It's called the "Vortex Theory". It claims that Earth is actually wrapped in an energy grid and that vortexes of energy are scattered around the planet where energy forms a tornado of sorts. It claims that dimensional portals lie around these energy vortexes and that beings that have the ability to travel between different dimensions are using these portals. A woman named Mary Hardy has claimed she uses Holy Grail Vortexes that she conjures to communicate with these beings and that she can generate love energy into the grid. Any thoughts or experiences? It's also claimed that the beings are using these vortexes to create crop circles.
 holiday311
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/16/2012 1:09:58 AM
I'm not saying I buy the whole interdimensional beings thing but I just thought the whole idea sounded interesting. All theories have flaws otherwise it wouldn't be a theory. I definitely think Mary is somewhat full of shit. I just wonder if actual energy vortexes exist.
 Bezoa
Msg: 3
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/16/2012 2:47:09 AM
It's been scattered through movies like Indiana Jones and skull thingamajig, and then there's the ancient alien show that talks about these things (these people see Aliens in the way your shit falls in the toilet).

If it's on TV, it must be true.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/16/2012 5:02:43 AM
Just by way of promoting correct word usage, and demoting nonsense thinking:

These are NOT THEORIES. A Theory requires rationally derived proof. These are vague, fun, imaginary, what-if ideas that some folks came up with to perpetuate the hope that magic is still alive in the universe.

Oh, and crop circles are created by someone squashing the crop sideways in a circular fashion. That IS a proven THEORY.
 PinkZombies
Msg: 5
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/16/2012 7:06:32 AM
The first time I visited Sedona, AZ. my friend and I were at a trailhead preparing to head out on a mountain bike ride when we spotted a turquoise-laden "guide" explaining vortices to a group of Japanese tourists. The guide described these vortices as "gateways to another dimension". My companion and I had apparently stumbled across one of dozens of supposed vortices in the Sedona area. We had a good chuckle about the cheesy tour guide and her captive audience. Such malarky...that sells maps, guidebooks, cd's, t-shirts, jewelry and tour services. Lol!
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 6
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/16/2012 8:44:28 AM

" ... I stumbled across a new theory lately and I was wondering what people think about it or if they've even heard of it. It's called the "Vortex Theory". It claims that Earth is actually wrapped in an energy grid and that vortexes of energy are scattered around the planet where energy forms a tornado of sorts. It claims that dimensional portals lie around these energy vortexes and that beings that have the ability to travel between different dimensions are using these portals. A woman named Mary Hardy has claimed she uses Holy Grail Vortexes that she conjures to communicate with these beings and that she can generate love energy into the grid. Any thoughts or experiences? It's also claimed that the beings are using these vortexes to create crop circles. ... "

Umm, see, this isn't what the scientific community would regard as a 'theory'. The purpose of the Scientific Method is to construct an accurate, reliable, self-consistent, non-arbitrary representation of the world. Conclusions drawn from data and scientific theory are shown to be distinctive from individual beliefs and motivations - which accurately describes the fictional 'Vortex Theory' [sic]. Further, the link between causality and correlation is explored and defined. The scientific principle operates in the context of objective reality (unlike said 'Vortex Theory'), which basically means two things:

1. The assumption that the observer and observed are completely separate.

2. The assumption that if many observers look at the same thing, it will still look/be the same thing.

I'd gladly extend the concept of the scientific principle, but to what end ... ? In any event, the key to any theory is that, at its core, it must be disprovable. If the theory doesn't fit, it's adjusted, and a new search begins to find a new set of axioms which would unfold the structure of the adjusted theory. Nothing remotely close to that has occurred with the 'Vortex Theory'. A construct, on the other hand, is a non-testable statement to account for a set of observations. The 'Vortex Theory' is only, at best, a failed construct. The other option is that it isn't a 'construct', but an 'assumption', which is something taken to be true without proof. Either way, it's not a 'Theory'.

Anyone unfamiliar with what a 'vortex' is may find it handy to watch water as it exits the sink via the drain ... or just go flush a toilet. Same thing. 'Vortex Theory' ... oh my.
 PinkZombies
Msg: 7
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/16/2012 9:16:12 AM
^^^^ There you go.
 holiday311
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/16/2012 10:08:28 PM
Sedona was mentioned in some of the stuff I read. It supposedly has quite a few of these vortices. I guess I've never used the word vortex enough to realize the plural is vortices.
 holiday311
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/16/2012 10:17:11 PM
I get what your saying and I agree that a lot of this new age stuff is a bunch of crap. I guess I was correlating the vortex energy thing to the whole Tesla idea that energy can be generated for free. I don't know the intimate details of his idea but I know he wanted to experiment and eventually perfect a system to provide free energy everywhere by somehow channeling it from the ground. Some conspiracy theorists believe that JP Morgan had Tesla killed because of this idea. There is no money in providing energy for free and greedy old JP wanted no part of it.
 holiday311
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/16/2012 10:31:39 PM
Ok lets call it an "unconventional vortex energy thought" not "theory". Some crop circles have been proven man made by recreation and experimentation with people stomping around with 2x4s and making a design. Other crop circles could not be recreated exactly though because the folded over grass was not physically pushed down with a device but rather appeared to have been willfully grown or commanded into the direction of the design with no broken stems or damaged vitality.
 holiday311
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/17/2012 10:47:40 AM
I'm trying to make valid questions about energy and the secrets behind it. Tesla did have an idea for channeling free energy did he not? Where does this energy come from? I'm not saying magical being are floating around our atmosphere shooting vortices from their fingertips, I'm saying there is hidden energy that people much smarter than me know about and I wanted a few opinions on that thought. If you don't have any serious thoughts on it than it would be nice if you refrained from self gratifying, superiority complex comments and moved onto some else's forum. Thank you and best wishes.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 12
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/17/2012 3:55:19 PM
When I was deep into paganism, my peers spoke of "vortexes," "ley lines" and other spots where energies converged. Many claimed that some spots on earth were "ancient sacred spots."

This kinda blew up for me when I spoke to a pagan whose parents, grandparents, and so on had been practicing for generations. He said that idea was silly because on places on Earth were the same age and anyplace that you want to be sacred is sacred.

So much for converging ley lines.

This is one reason why I am now a pagan atheist--or agnostic.

Ok lets call it an "unconventional vortex energy thought" not "theory". Some crop circles have been proven man made by recreation and experimentation with people stomping around with 2x4s and making a design. Other crop circles could not be recreated exactly though because the folded over grass was not physically pushed down with a device but rather appeared to have been willfully grown or commanded into the direction of the design with no broken stems or damaged vitality.

Um, who did the study on the "other" crop circles? What were their credentials?

And why the "Holy Grail" vortex? What does the Grail have to do with vortexes?
 Kohmelo
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/17/2012 5:53:42 PM

I'm trying to make valid questions about energy and the secrets behind it.

Start with the definition of energy

Noun 1. energy - (physics) a thermodynamic quantity equivalent to the capacity of a physical system to do workenergy - (physics) a thermodynamic quantity equivalent to the capacity of a physical system to do work; the units of energy are joules or ergs; "energy can take a wide variety of forms"

The capacity for work or vigorous activity; vigor; power. See Synonyms at strength

ex - http://www.thefreedictionary.com/energy

Now consider the forms of energy (cited from http://www.nmsea.org/Curriculum/Primer/forms_of_energy.htm) and places on earth where they might be higher than others:

Kinetic Energy - Consider a baseball flying through the air. The ball is said to have "kinetic energy" by virtue of the fact that its in motion relative to the ground.

A natural example is wind. Is there more wind energy in some places on earth than others?
http://www.need.org/needpdf/infobook_activities/PriInfo/WindP.pdf - says yes!

Potential Energy - Consider a book sitting on a table. The book is said to have "potential energy" because if it is nudged off, gravity will accelerate the book, giving the book kinetic energy. Because the Earth's gravity is necessary to create this kinetic energy, and because this gravity depends on the Earth being present, we say that the "Earth-book system" is what really possesses this potential energy, and that this energy is converted into kinetic energy as the book falls.

A natural example of potential energy is waterfalls. The higher the drop, the more potential energy... or a larger mass of water... I'm not going to cite a source to say all waterfalls are different.

Thermal, or heat energy - Consider a hot cup of coffee. The coffee is said to possess "thermal energy", or "heat energy" which is really the collective, microscopic, kinetic and potential energy of the molecules in the coffee (the molecules have kinetic energy because they are moving and vibrating, and they have potential energy due their mutual attraction for one another - much the same way that the book and the Earth have potential energy because they attract each other)

Compare thermal energy levels of the north pole and the equator...

Chemical Energy - Consider the ability of your body to do work. The glucose (blood sugar) in your body is said to have "chemical energy" because the glucose releases energy when chemically reacted (combusted) with oxygen.

We could go with a farmer's field or an oil well on this one.

Electrical Energy - All matter is made up of atoms, and atoms are made up of smaller particles, called protons (which have positive charge), neutrons (which have neutral charge), and electrons (which are negatively charged). Electrons orbit around the center, or nucleus, of atoms, just like the moon orbits the earth. The nucleus is made up of neutrons and protons.

Most famous natural example would be lightning. There's more here and there.

I'm not making any more examples. There is more energy in certain places on Earth than others. It won't happen in a "vortex" and the likeliness that portals can be opened with it are zero...

The answers you seek can be found in a physics class.
 holiday311
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/18/2012 6:26:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXSsRXBckIY Tesla's patented free energy generator
 holiday311
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/18/2012 6:50:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=a4e_wlLb_kk&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjWsiNJ7J3Y
I know everyone discounts youtube videos and for good reason. A lot of it is crap but I watch anyways and try to sift through whats reasonably possible truth and complete fabrication of imagination. AC was Tesla's main discovery and invention but that is not what I'm talking about. If you actually watch the first video I listed in the post above this one you will understand why I call it secret energy. He claimed that he powered machines with cosmic energy. This would be the energy I'm trying to figure out. He also used radiant energy in the daytime but that is an easy enough concept to wrap my head around. I used the term "Holy Grail Vortex" because I saw it in a few peoples websites and videos. The speculation is that somehow electrifying two metallic "stars of david"(for lack of a better term) and having them spin opposite of each other will somehow cause some sort of vortex phenomenon. I don't understand exactly what they mean but the idea intrigued me, hence this forum post. It is said to work along side some sort of symbol of the the sword and the cup. I know it sounds out there but I'm into that kind of stuff. Not that I think it's real but because I find it fascinating that some swear by it. I believe this will be my last post on this for I have grown tired of the subject. Peace to all of you and don't let cynicism guide your life. As Mulder would say, "I want to believe."
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 16
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/18/2012 1:44:10 PM

I used the term "Holy Grail Vortex" because I saw it in a few peoples websites and videos.

I would imagine it has to do with the myth that the cup that Jesus drank from at the last supper was transported to France.

One of the problems (among many) with people who expound on these "theories" are that they lack a true understanding of history and myth.

First, for Bible believers, there is no scripture that places importance on said cup. The myths that have arisen from the grail are, at best, pseudographical in nature--an afterthought by much later writers. The idea of the grail is primarily associated with the legend/myth of Arthur. In fact, the grail didn't enter written accounts until circa 1200 CE--which is a LONG time after Jesus reportedly lived.

Why would a vortex by represented by a REALLY iffy "holy" cup?

It just doesn't make sense--oh, wait, to people who buy into this . . . never mind.
 Kohmelo
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Holy Grail Vortex
Posted: 7/18/2012 7:14:17 PM

I believe this will be my last post on this for I have grown tired of the subject.

Well if you stop by and read:
Start here, modern physics posted by Standford U.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyX8kQ-JzHI&feature=player_embedded#!
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Holy Grail Vortex