Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > playing hard to get      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flaneur001
Msg: 2
view profile
History
playing hard to getPage 1 of 1    
Hmmm...OP we don't know why HE does this. Why do YOU do this?
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 7
playing hard to get
Posted: 7/16/2012 3:19:58 PM
Have you met him?
If not, you are in love with a chimera.
A fantasy guy of your own imagination.
 flaneur001
Msg: 8
view profile
History
playing hard to get
Posted: 7/16/2012 3:29:37 PM
OP: Please really...how can you love someone who treats you like this.

I love myself, and I would never allow anyone to treat me so poorly. You've set a horribly low standard for yourself.
If you were my friend, I would sit you down and ask you why, why, why you would allow this to go on. How could your heart not harden when your intention for love, affection, and care be turned inside out by his resentment, distain and rejection. I would find this absolutely unacceptable.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 11
view profile
History
playing hard to get
Posted: 7/16/2012 4:32:31 PM
I'd have to guess, but it strikes me that the reason he does this, is because of how you behave.

You appear to be an all-or-nothing sort of person. If he starts to get close to you, you dump your entire life into his lap. Hence, as soon as he's been flooded with your EVERYTHING, he backs away for a while to recuperate.

He's not "playing hard to get" at all. More like he's playing " I like you, but don't want to be drowned."
 Thornz2000
Msg: 15
playing hard to get
Posted: 7/16/2012 4:51:52 PM
If you know how the game is played and don't like it then why you still playing?
 LGG62
Msg: 17
playing hard to get
Posted: 7/16/2012 5:20:43 PM
Memories, you only get 21 posts in this thread. You've already posted eight times which is over a third of the maximum posts. You might want to let others answer if you want advice.
 catdatty
Msg: 18
view profile
History
playing hard to get
Posted: 7/16/2012 5:36:20 PM
define your relationship with him. try to get to know him better. if he doesnt have another woman, he just may be scared of a relationship. when women play that game with me i just do whatever it takes to make them talk about anything. you would be surprised how much people can tell you what you want to know without them knowing it. what im trying to say is dont try to make your conversation about your relationship. make it about whatever he is into and you will find out what it takes to make him open up.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > playing hard to get