Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I am seeking a profile review.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Keeper_of_Secrets
Msg: 1
I am seeking a profile review.Page 1 of 1    
Hello,
I am asking for a profile review please.
Thank you for your opinions and suggestions.
Please keep in mind during your review process, that I am only seeking friendships.
May you all find what you are seeking.
:)
 theforumfiend
Msg: 2
I am seeking a profile review.
Posted: 7/17/2012 2:00:11 PM
If you are sincerely only looking for friends you only need a picture or 3 and one needs to include your wife.

I'd change who you are looking for to men and leave the restrictions of who can contact you open.
 Keeper_of_Secrets
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/17/2012 2:06:45 PM
I purposely did not include a picture of my wife as to not lead people to think that I/we were interested in any type of swinging activities. You know how it is here... showing a picture of someone else other than you gives some people the wrong ideas.

Curious as to why you are saying to change it to men that I am looking for friendships with. I have enough male friends. Also the gender of who can contact me is already open.

Thank you for your suggestions.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/17/2012 2:18:43 PM
Since you are online looking for friends you shouldn't care about people getting the wrong idea by having your wife's picture on here. You can easily block those types - the Intimate Encounter restrictions are great for this as well as the block user function. The picture would actually show women that you are proud of your wife and not keeping secrets.

I suggested changing who you are looking for as friends to men because you said you are looking for friends. Most women will be put off by men looking for female friends. Why? Because too often it's lie.
 Keeper_of_Secrets
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/17/2012 2:31:39 PM
Good point and I forgot about the IE restrictions.
I do not feel the need to display a picture of my wife to show my level of pride in her, nor to appease someone else's sense of morality. If someone cannot accept that I am married, all I can do is shrug my shoulders and move on.

Your second paragraph seems to contradict your first.
First you are suggesting that I shouldn't care about people getting the wrong idea, but in your second paragraph you are saying that I need to be concerned about women getting the wrong idea of my intentions based upon a stereotype. Could you clarify this please.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/24/2012 11:31:28 PM
Sure - I was following our conversation and answering your previous question. While it is true that you shouldn't care about people getting the wrong idea you still have to use some common sense. Most women are not looking to become friends with married men. If it happens naturally through knowing the couple or at work we're more comfortable with it, but online people are more likely to reject you. It's my belief that you are smart to hang out here in the forums where people can get to know you. There are lots of married people and couples in here.
 mtjd90
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2012 11:37:44 PM
That's why they created facebook. People generally want to date and meet other singles on POF. I personally have no interest in talking to someone who isnt looking. If next to nobody replies, don't be suprised.
 firefly416
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2012 9:52:52 AM
Your photos are fine and your write-up is very good. However, I think even if it is not your intent you are asking for trouble. You are a good-looking, active, intelligent man (except for the smoking). Women will fall in love with you and be hurt. When you say "you are not the exception" you don't really know that. When I was in my 20s I had affairs with several married men. It seemed easier than the constant rejection by single guys. They didn't leave their wives but some did have confused emotional feelings. None of these guys started out wanting anything more than friendship. None of them were serial cheaters. You should just go join hiking and biking clubs, look for groups of people on MeetUp if you have that there. This is the wrong place to be. You seriously don't want to do this.
 ohdarlin90
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/25/2012 12:01:16 PM
If you are really looking for just friends who share the same interests as you, than maybe you should try a activity partner website? Also, join activity groups, such as sports or reading clubs.. whatever suits you!! It seems a little suspicious that you are looking for friends on a dating site though. If you are married with children , you must have family friends who can fulfill your need for "friendship"?
Best of luck.
 SnowMoon2012
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/25/2012 4:45:47 PM
The profile is well written... clear photo's

You have tried to give a sense of what you are looking for but it misses the mark... as I am sure you have seen friendship is so broad a term it will be interpreted by who ever reads it based on their experiences... most will see the headline and hit next as this is primarily a dating site seeing as your intent/looking for relationship/ friends as somewhat contradictory ... a headline that is not a big red stop sign would maybe get people in to look at your profile more views more chance that what you are looking for will come your way...

I am assuming since you have a distance restriction that you are not looking for online friends or chat? Removing that might help... also the photo restriction many will send a private image via e mail...

The mention of the age difference will lead some to think it is a younger woman you seek... instead of using your parents as an example just your thoughts on age might be better for friendship...

A few of your interests do have a romantic/sexual connotation..

I did a quick search in your area of men and women looking for friends there was surprisingly a larger pool then I would have suspected though when you weed out the ones looking for sexual encounters that pool does shrink down some...

Again I suggest some clarity in what you are looking for.. such as it would be nice to have someone join me at (name a few specific activities)...

Good luck
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I am seeking a profile review.