Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why is it so important for you know when we had sex last?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TC2u
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why is it so important for you know when we had sex last?Page 1 of 1    
Umm, I don't serial date. Been on very few, by choice. One of the thing I do do, is avoid serial daters.
 psytle
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Why is it so important for you know when we had sex last?
Posted: 7/17/2012 6:41:02 PM

Just wondering if you guys have ever thought that question through before you ask it.

Maybe some guys are so desperate to NOT be in the friend zone that they go in the complete opposite direction?

:: shrugs ::
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/17/2012 6:42:15 PM
I've never asked that.
So can't speak for the motivations of those that do.
But if any question seems off to you.
it is.

Just filter em out.
No need to figure em out.
:-P
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/17/2012 6:58:15 PM

I dont think that guys actually understand how a woman perceives/interprets this question.

From a woman's POV (point of view) this question says "hey if she isnt getting any then I stand a really good chance of getting some".

Really? So that's what you women are thinking when you ask me that question.

OP- As far as I'm concerned it's a legitimate question and I wouldn't think anything more of it. What they want to know is if you are just dating around with no intent of a relationship. I would think that a woman who is a serial dater is just looking for someone to take them out and show them a good time. I wouldn't want anything to do with a woman like that. It would be a waste of my time.
 c_deacon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2012 7:26:35 PM
When you had sex last is not important at all.....all a matter of personal preference....but.....getting tested and being clean is very important and if you just had sex last night with someone....it takes a week or two to manifest itself if infected with some std's......so, honey......when you did it last is not important.....but who you did it with is!!

cd
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2012 7:36:43 PM

Look if that is all you are looking for you are on the wrong dating site ..that why this is a called a DATING SITE.

your framing assumptions aside, the site is already set up for everything from intimate encounters to activity partners, and those are just the readiest categories that markus and co. could think of and code up. it's laughable of you to think you can dictate its use.
 ninjaeleven
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2012 8:19:07 PM
No, that is not why we ask. We really want to ask if you're a loose woman whose been nailed by a zillion guys. Would that question go over well? Angry women are such a turn-off.
--------------------------
From a woman's POV (point of view) this question says "hey if she isnt getting any then I stand a really good chance of getting some".
 Funfiftysomething
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/17/2012 8:34:02 PM
What if she hasn't had sex in years? Would that be a turn off? Would you think she was not interested?
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2012 9:26:44 PM
"Why is it so important for you [to] know when we had sex last"?

To answer your question:

To gauge your comfort level discussing sexuality. While I am sympathetic that you shouldn't be that forthcoming with a stranger on this topic, you do have to open up eventually sooner or later. That is what intimacy is all about, and if your sexual partner count is low is this by choice or for medical reasons? If there has been a lapse between your last sexual partner then the person you are with would be more willing to work with you and not judge you based on being rusty.

In short, while I don't ask this question, because I don't feel it is necessary. Still, even I can see the value of asking this question early in a dating. No man or woman wants to date someone they are not sexually compatible with. For example, this is why women, or men, that insist on not having sex till marriage are advised to be upfront about this early to not mislead people that they date.

mrjon32
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2012 2:30:53 AM

3) What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?*

*To see if you are a Monty Python fan

African or European?
 Anywherbuthere
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/18/2012 6:15:09 AM
"Why is it so important for you know when we had sex last?"

I don't recall ever having asked that question. If I did it would have been during one of those conversations two people have once they have gotten to know each other and the conversation being one of those following having just been intimate with her asking that question of me. Then I might ask.
 TedJMill
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2012 6:45:28 AM

What if she hasn't had sex in years? Would that be a turn off? Would you think she was not interested?

I'd find it a positive, hopefully indicating that she doesn't care about sex that much, and won't be pushing me for sex.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why is it so important for you know when we had sex last?