Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > I wonder what is on the Mittster's tax return that he does not want u      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 1
view profile
History
I wonder what is on the Mittster's tax return that he does not want us to see?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Maybe his tax returns and previous public financial disclosures do not match?

Let's see if he fully “complied with the law”. Personally, I'd like to see how the laws are set up for the wealthy and where he's still getting and putting (Un-American move) all that money.

No matter what’s on those taxes, we will be fully aware of his accountants manipulating the returns, moving figures around and blacking out information that will incriminate him in a lot of areas. His returns should say a lot about Bain and his time with them. Will they be the same ones he gave to McCain? Un-Altered? (I wonder if he's figured out yet that it's tough to run in flip flops.)

Of course it could just be a matter of not wanting to release his tax forms because he doesn't want the Mormon Church to know how much money he has made ... might have to give up more as he has not tithed his full 10% to the Church?

Soooo ... what is on the Mittster's tax return that he does not want us to see?
 cotter
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I wonder what is on the Mittster's tax return that he does not want us to see?
Posted: 7/20/2012 1:24:52 PM
Well, for one thing ... I think it's fair to assume he's hiding M O N E Y!!!!
 DameWrite
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2012 4:22:33 PM
He doesn't want anyone to see how he uses the system.

His fellow crooks will envy him and the rest of will probably just say... oh well, that's politician's for you, tee hee then turn the channel to their favorite reality t.v. program.

Too few will be outraged.
 cotter
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2012 3:34:11 PM
At this point, I have a feeling that he did not pay any taxes at all.

I wonder if and when he will show us what he's trying so desperately to hide?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/3/2012 12:39:14 PM
Harry Reid says that Romney hasn't paid any taxes in ten years, but he won't reveal his source.
Oddly enough, this morning on the radio I heard that Harry Reid is a cross-dresser, but the guy on the radio wouldn't reveal his source either.
 cotter
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2012 2:24:54 PM

So if the mittster, didn't file that form required for foreign bank accounts for even ONE YEAR, he may not have been charged, but indeed DID commit a felony, on tax evasion!

How do you like them apples?

"Them apples" are looking pretty tasty.

So what happens when the Mittster can't hold the nomination because of his felony?
 gettinripped
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/4/2012 5:32:19 PM
If and when Milt is convicted of federal income tax evasion, I will finally submit. He truly has earned my Vote!!!!!
 gettinripped
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/5/2012 5:37:54 AM
The current administration feels they are competant enough to institute a national health care plan. By all admission ; a huge undertaking. The IRS is going to head up this debacle. Yet, they don't even know if Milt even paid any taxes at all? Can the administration find their azz with two hands? This gross ignorance should be reason enough to send the current inhabitants of the White House packing.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2012 9:37:44 AM
What's on the Mittsters tax returns that he does'nt want folks to see?

I'd say the truth. The truth about how little taxes he paid in relation to his income. The truth about how rich folks use tax dodges to escape paying their fair share of taxes. The truth in that if you can afford a team of accountants and lawyers you can game the system even more efficiently. The truth, in that if middle class folks knew exactly what people like the Mittster are doing he'd never get elected POTUS. The truth, as it relates to Mr Romneys patriotic practice of offshoring his money to avoid taxes.

Then, for my opinion on what is a fair tax to pay? Why not ask the monied interests like Mitt what's fair? After all they've bought our Congressmen and Women.They have the chief influence on those who craft our tax laws .I'd say that pretty much entitles them to set the bar for whats fair. Of course, it'd be only simple gratitude for these Congressfolk to be kind to those who own them.

No wonder Romney does'nt want his privacy violated by this intrusion. The truth is his worst enemy and he knows it. I'm just surprised his campaign team could'nt foresee this happening. Maybe he ought to fire them....
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/5/2012 12:57:42 PM
^^^^^^
I can't speak for all posters, but I long to live in a world that doesn't discriminate against those who are super-successful.
Oprah Winfrey, Paul McCartney, George Soros, it must be horrible to wake up every morning and know that the world hates you.
Kobe Bryant, Steven Spielberg, Reggie Jackson, Michael Phelps, PLEASE !!! Enough is enough. How many gold rings, medals, Grammies, Oscars does it take to satisfy you? When will this greed end?

But, more to this issue, is it someone's fault that they were born with perfect genes to be beautiful, or clever, or can run faster than everyone else, or throw a ball through a hoop, or were born into a wealthy family? Sounds like a major case of envy to me.
 cotter
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2012 10:44:12 PM

When someone says "trust me" or "I will not talk about that"...while asking the voters to elect them to the highest office in the land! It reminds me of a used car dealer...like in the commercial with that tag line "show me the carfax!"

That is really all that is going on here, we want to see the facts, NOT the rhetoric!
Wow... really hit the nail on the head with that one.
 faith2565
Msg: 12
view profile
History
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/8/2012 9:25:52 AM
^^^^^^
True enough, that's why we need to vote OUT the political pimp-daddies, and the hoes will do the right thing.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/8/2012 10:23:36 PM

I'd say the truth. The truth about how little taxes he paid in relation to his income. The truth about how rich folks use tax dodges to escape paying their fair share of taxes. The truth in that if you can afford a team of accountants and lawyers you can game the system even more efficiently.

I fully agree with Doremi's statement above!

MR now has the same squad of accountants and lawyers reviewing his returns with a fine tooth comb to ensure that there is no illegality involved in any of his "loop-holing". And this is no doubt a big job to do, as he has to account for whatever deduction that he has utilized and to make sure it legally holds water; be it his domestic earning as well as foreign! This same squad will also be in charge of damage control in case he is grilled and are probably rehearsing for whatever possible question could be hurled at them. The objective will be to baffle; obfuscate; and deflect such that the average American voter will just throw his/her hands in the air and just say something like: "Aw forget it, they are all crooks anyway"
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/9/2012 1:37:53 PM
re: msg 25 - "a consensus of the general population" , kind of like the way "ObamaCare " was the chosen by the general population?
Funny, I don't remember being asked my opinion.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/9/2012 7:48:22 PM

Funny, I don't remember being asked my opinion.

Just as funny that i didn't get asked for my opinion or imput when GWB enacted his now famous tax cuts on the mega wealthy!
 Neopoli
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/10/2012 6:46:16 AM
^^^I still have the corresponding pay stubs in a box somewhere showing the 1990s Clinton tax hike that came out of my blue-collar paycheck(NEWS FLASH: I grossed just a bit under $30,000/yr), & the Bush tax cut that restored it back to the pre-hike rate.

Thats another reason why half of blue collar Dems switched sides & enabled Bush to win 2 terms. Nobody who voted for him wanted to seehis tax returns, or cared about it. Not sure how many of them would do that in November for Romney though.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/10/2012 6:39:34 PM

The GWB era tax cuts were for everyone,

No, not intentionally. However, "everyone" had to be included in order for it to be enacted, otherwise it would have been killed! The affordable care act, however, is truly for everyone; even for those who don't need it now can use it to fall back on, in the event of hard times.

Thats another reason why half of blue collar Dems switched sides & enabled Bush to win 2 terms.

The clinton years gave us one of the most vibrant economies of the late 20th century; more middle class pple got a chance to become"rich" during his time in office than ever. Look at the Us treasury & stock market when Clinton left office, and then look at them and compare it when GwB left office. Look at what it all culminated into in 2008 right before Gw left office! So much for the Bush "tax cuts" as far as helping the economy; but it did help Exxon; Shell; BP a whole lot! Every big Oil company should have sent a "thank you" card to all the blue collar Dems for their 'efforts' at the polls, cause they are sure NOT giving you any gratitude at the GAS PUMPS! Are they!
 cotter
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2012 10:56:10 AM

The whole political system is a sham and we are screwed. Politics today is like a Don King fight. Both fighters are owned. And, look at Congress! It is like a government of crack hoes! They have sold us all out...

^^^^^^
True enough, that's why we need to vote OUT the political pimp-daddies, and the hoes will do the right thing.

Note that the poster you were agreeing with stated that the "whole" system is a sham ... that includes your "'hoes" that you seem to feel will do the right thing.

Whether it is Obama or Mittens, we will be more screwed four years from now than we are right now!!
Not if we can "trust" GreenThumbzs' "hoes" to do the right thing ... eh?

The Mittster didn't pay any taxes and he sure doesn't want any of us to know that. Now I'm wondering just how many of the voters will just "trust him".

http://www.salon.com/2012/08/03/%E2%80%9Cyou%E2%80%99re_going_to_have_to_trust_me_on_it%E2%80%9D/
“You’re going to have to trust me on it”
(Mitt Romney needs you to trust him on his tax returns; Steve King's epic week; and other top Friday stories)

You’re going to have to trust me on it”: While Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid may have gone too far in his accusation that Mitt Romney did not pay any taxes over ten years, there’s a simple way for the Republican presidential candidate to end this — release more tax returns. But that’s unlikely to happen, if history is any guide.

In 2002, when Romney was running for governor of Massachusetts, his candidacy was almost disqualified for failing to meet the state’s residency requirements. Romney maintained for years that he had paid taxes in Massachusetts, and thus qualified as a resident, despite living in Utah to run the Olympic games, but it eventually came out that he had actually been paying taxes in Utah. Asked about the discrepancy, Romney claimed he didn’t read the tax returns he signed and submitted (under penalty of perjury). When it later came out that he had received tax breaks in Utah, he blamed a clerk in a local tax assessor’s office in the state. When a reporter said Romney had told him something that conflicted with his story, the reporter was subpoenaed. When Romney was asked by another reporter about tax breaks in Utah, Romney said he would get back to him, but then refused to. “You’re going to have to take my word for it,” he said at the time.

http://leanforward.msnbc.com/_news/2012/08/01/13077163-youre-going-to-have-to-take-my-word-for-it-mitt-romney-tax-returns-and-a-decade-of-evasion?lite
'You're going to have to take my word for it':
Mitt Romney, tax returns, and a decade of evasion

Another Mitt Romney election, another set of tax questions without answers.

The Republican candidate has been hammered in recent months for refusing to release more information about his tax returns. But as Rachel Maddow explained Wednesday night, compared to nearly being thrown off the ballot in the 2002 Massachusetts governor's race, this is nothing.

To explain: A decade ago, Romney was trying to prove his eligibility to run for governor of Massachusetts. The state requires candidates to be a resident for seven years before running for governor. Romney testified to a state panel that this wasn't a problem because he'd been paying taxes in Massachusetts for years, even while living in Utah and running the Salt Lake City Olympics.

But Romney hadn't been paying taxes in Massachusetts—he'd listed Utah as his primary state on several years of tax forms. When asked about this by Boston Globe reporters, he said he wasn't sure what was in his taxes but he'd be "happy to look into it."

But after the Globe then sent Romney specific questions about his Utah residency, his campaign declined to respond because "he values his privacy and his wife's privacy." When reporters asked for the forms with financial information redacted and residency information visible, a spokesman told the Boston Globe: "You're going to have to take my word for it."

Sound familiar?

It should, because a very similar scenario has played out this time around. On Monday, an ABC News reporter asked Romney if he'd ever paid a tax rate that was lower than 13.9 percent—the rate he paid in the one year for which he has so far released his return. Romney said he's "happy to go back and look." But just like with the Globe in 2002, when ABC followed up, they were stonewalled.

That's not all. The 2002 story gets even more byzantine: Once it was finally pointed out that Romney had filed as a Utah resident, and had even told a reporter in Utah that he had done this for tax reasons, Romney punted responsibility for it: The reporter was lying, a Utah tax clerk had made a mistake, and he hadn't read his taxes before signing them, he now claimed. At the same time, Romney noted he'd been trying to fix the error.

"He was trying to retroactively, essentially refile his taxes, so his Massachusetts taxes would be filed as if he was a resident of the state," Maddow said.

Of course, as Maddow noted, much of that 2002 testimony was focused on how much of Romney's business interests had him in Massachusetts in 2000 and 2001—you know, that time that Mitt was CEO of Bain Capital, but not really?

So essentially, he's a liar but we are expected to "trust" him on what he says?
 Neopoli
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/13/2012 6:55:27 AM
Taken straight from the Eric Holder/DOJ playbook: If somebody wants you to realease information that you dont want to realease, just don't do it.
 cotter
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 8:21:44 PM
^^^^I seriously doubt we give a hoot where the Mittster learned to be a liar ... and I know I have no interest in a neo-con's view of who the Mittster might be copy-catting. Fact remains he is not producing the damning documents.

In October 2011, Eric Holder released 7,600 pages of documents ... now how much has Mittster-the-liar-Romney released?
 Neopoli
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/13/2012 10:28:31 PM
The DOJ/Eric Holder has 80,000 documents that the congressional oversight committee has asked for.

They have turned over 7,600pages, which is not even 1/10th of the documents asked for. So far Romney has followed the leader by releasing 1/10 of his tax returns. Standard operating procedure.
 cotter
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 4:40:16 AM
^^^^
There is nothing there to compare.

He probably did not pay taxes and releasing them is going to cause a great deal of damage.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/07/17/530121/15-prominent-republicans-who-want-romney-to-release-more-tax-returns-right-now/?mobile=nc
The call for more information about Romney’s financial past, however, is bipartisan. A poll released today found fifty six percent of all voters, including sixty one percent of independents, think that Romney should release twelve years of returns.

These fifteen prominent Republicans are calling on Romney to release more tax returns, now:

1. George Will. On ABC’s “This Week”.
2. Bill Kristol.
3. Ron Paul.
4. Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley.
5. Michael Steele.
6. Rep. Walter Jones.
7. Ana Navarro.
8. Rep. Pete Sessions. Sessions (R-TX).
10. Matthew Dowd.
11. Rick Tyler.
12. John Weaver.
13. Brit Hume.
14. David Frum.
15. John Feehery.
16. Gov. Rick Perry Texas Governor and former Republican Presidential candidate.
17. Sen. Chuck Grassley
18. Sen.****Lugar
19. Wayne MacDonald
20. Mike Murphy
 Neopoli
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/14/2012 8:45:56 AM
Wow.

The call for Eric Holder to release documents is bipartisan. This is a list of 17 House Democrats who voted to hold Eric Holder in contempt, from the House Clerk's website. All but 2 Republicans joined these Democrats:

Jason ALTMIRE (D-PA)
John BARROW (D-GA)
Dan BOREN (D-OK)
Leonard BOSWELL (D-IA)
Ben CHANDLER (D-KY)
Mark CRITZ (D-PA)
Joe DONNELLY (D-IN)
Kathy HOCHUL (D-NY)
Ron KIND (D-WI)
Larry KISSELL (D-NC)
Jim MATHESON (D-UT)
Mike McINTYRE (D-NC)
Bill OWENS (D-NY)
Collin PETERSON (D-MN)
Nick RAHALL (D-WV)
Mike ROSS (D-AR)
Tim WALZ (D-MN)

Someone here wants different rules to apply to the different parties it seems. As usual, nothing new to see here, folks.
 Neopoli
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/15/2012 6:16:18 AM
I agree they are far from the same thing in being that personal tax records are personal tax records that have not been subpoenaed, nor are NOT REQUIRED under any circumstance to be released. Withheld government documents that have been subpoenaed by a congressional committee & continue to be hidden are different.

....Because ELECTED Obama invoked executive privilege, giving his blessing & enabling appointed official Holder to not release the documents. Obama's direct actions enable information to NOT be released.

So the similarities are that Obama & Holder are saying "trust me" to the electorate of the entire nation, based on what little info they wish to release. That is what a president now does, it seems, whether elected, or asking to be elected. As we all plainly see, its strikingly similar. If somebody wants you to release records/information that you dont want to release, just don't do it! If you are then forced, use your political clout!

The new norm, except someone here wants different rules to apply to the different parties it seems. As usual, nothing new to see here, folks.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > I wonder what is on the Mittster's tax return that he does not want us to see?