Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Can't add a post      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 2
Can't add a postPage 1 of 1    
Well, you haven't lost posting privileges otherwise you wouldn't have been able to post here. Have your tried posting in any other threads - just in case creating at thread (i.e. this one) has different permissions then adding to an existing one. Try that and see if it's just the one thread you can't add to or if you are unable post to any existing threads.
 finandfine
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Can't add a post
Posted: 7/22/2012 12:17:49 AM
I am just testing here ,because I have tyried posting in the help forum and I can not find my post/s after i post them, there not in myForums, I have not been on this site in 3 years, had my profile hiden, got sick of all the players, now I come back and find the very same girls on as 3 years ago, I do not know why I can not post, and there use to be a link to contact the owner but i see it is no more:modhammer:
 finandfine
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Can't add a post
Posted: 7/22/2012 12:19:14 AM
we I see this one posted fine, it took me to this post right after I posted, but the 2 posts I tried in help forum did not, WHY is that
 finandfine
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Can't add a post
Posted: 7/22/2012 12:37:16 AM
Thank you for your reply, I do know about the histry lin as ell at the top of the page is My Forums, witch is same.

Not sure what fourm is locked, but I have tried to post a new tread in Help forum and it will not post using the button post new tread, I have tried it 4 time now, and it takes me back to the help forum home page were I clicked post new tread

that is because your ability to start new threads was revoked for posting redundant threads. Bottom line, you started threads, they were locked because they were redundant and you kept reposting them again. (ignoring the fact they were locked which i would had assumed would had been a big hint not to repost)

finandfine
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Can't add a post
Posted: 7/22/2012 12:51:34 AM
I did not know this, as i have not been back to this site since 2007

what i was trying to post for help

When etiting my profile, at the bottom of the page, it says Spend 5000 activity points or upgrade to an Upgraded membership to enable these themes:
(Even if your upgraded membership expires, you will have access to these themes forever.)

Keep in mind ,before spending the 5000 points, I had use of PROFILE THEMES

I clicked the buy now, the sceen changed and showed 5000 less points, thinking by spending these 5000 points I would get all the other option, it took my 5000 points, but I see nothing new when loghed in, i though i would see things like user last login, things we use to get free before then was taken away as POF wanted our monney
i do not get what I got for my 5000 points other then RIPPED OFF as I had use of PROFILE THEMES
like profiile colores back ground images, if that is what the 5000 points was to give me, I already had them, so why would it allow me to buy just PROFILE THEMES a 2nd time if i had bought PROFILE THEMES
before since i was using them.

I do not see what that 5000 points I wasted got me, other then Screwed, ripped off. like you get from people on here. pls refund
 finandfine
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Can't add a post
Posted: 7/22/2012 12:55:08 AM
a person is to know (ignoring the fact they were locked which i would had assumed would had been a big hint not to repost)

i thought they were just not getting posted like today
you would think you would talk about the problem if there was one
bottom line you assumed you make an ass out of you an me

Okay let me break it down for you.
Let's say you post a thread. A moderator comes and locks it, and writes "thread closed - redunant".
You then say to yourself "oooh well I better go repost it then"
What message does that send to the moderators.
It sends a CLEAR MESSAGE to us that you don't care what ruling we made, you're just going to do whatever you want to do anyways. I don't consider this to be an assumption. I can tell you that is a fact, so to quote you "you assumed and made an ass out of you".

finandfine
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Can't add a post
Posted: 7/22/2012 1:03:24 AM
I can't help but to ask, you say my posts were redundant, yet I always did a Search for the problem was having or what ever it was at the time, and nothing ever came up in any Searchs, how is that redundant???? I think you people need totalk to your users rather then assume, there is enough of that on this site with the users never mind the staff.

What you're failing to get here is it doesnt really matter why a moderator deemed a thread redundant or inappropriate. If a moderator closes or deletes a thread, you have to respect that, and if you don't RESTRICTIONS SUCH AS IMPOSED ON YOU are given.

Do you really not see how reposting after a thread of yours was closed is like saying "screw you moderator, screw you!"

Bottom line, it isn't up for debate in the forums.
If you really have a concern about a moderator decision, then email the moderator directly.
Basically calling us asses in the forums isn't going to get you anywhere but off of here.

That being said, there is no need to talk to you about it, it is all listed in the user agreement YOU AGREED TO when you joined POF. If you can't follow it, that is on YOU not the moderators.

Thread closed. Clearly point not being absorbed.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Can't add a post